TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15

Question Bipolar depression? - May 5th 2015, 04:54 PM

Hi, so I'm going to say this first: I have never been clinically diagnosed with depression, so I'm not really sure what it feels like exactly, which is why this is a bit confusing for me...

For the past two weeks or so I've been having on-and-off days of feeling really, really... Ugh, I dunno how to even describe it. It's kind of like a mix of anger, giving-in, solitude, sadness, desperation... but more intense. I'll feel totally fine and perky one moment, and then the next I'm in this lost zomby-like state...
I'm a very spiritual and philosophical person, so I'll often have deep thoughts about life, existence, death, and usually this will just lead me downwards into a pit of confusion which will causes me stress, anger, frustration, and just feeling insignificant and worthless.
This morning, I was feeling exactly like this, and I often got thoughts like "hey, but the good thing is that if things get too shitty, I can kill myself, and then it'll all be over" although I don't seriously consider death as an option of stopping all this. However, it is in the back of my mind, but it's more reassuring than anything else, to know that if things get too bad I have that option. So yeah.
But it was weird, because if my friends said or did something funny, I'd be my normal self and laugh and joke, and then a few seconds later when I was left with my thoughts, I was in that "dark" state again.
A couple of my friends came up to me at one point, and asked how I was feeling, because I looked quite miserable and lifeless which was disturbing to see because I'm usually quite a perky, happy-go-lucky person. I told them that no, I didn't feel good, that I just felt like sleeping and being by myself, that it felt like something in my life was wrong but I didn't know what, but that it would pass. Which was precisely what it felt like.
Anyway, right now I'm feeling absolutely fine, which is good. I was just wondering what you guys thought of this... like if it was the begining of bipolar depression or something... I dunno. If it is, I obviously want to avoid it.

Please tell me what you think! any comment will be appreciated!

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Amandaapandaa Offline
Bi and Proud ✴
Average Joe

Name: Manda

Points: 7,110, Level: 12 Points: 7,110, Level: 12 Points: 7,110, Level: 12

Re: Bipolar depression? - May 6th 2015, 08:23 PM

Hey there,

I'm sorry you are feeling this way.

I totally get what you mean though. I feel like this a lot although I haven't been diagnosed as well. I'm pretty sure I have what you do and the best advice I can give you is to just keep rolling with it and eventually you will get through it but if it gets too rough, you might want to try and get some help. I would if I could.

I hope you're feeling better. (Sorry this post wasnt that much help!)

-A

'I have this strange feeling that I'm not myself anymore...'
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15

Re: Bipolar depression? - May 7th 2015, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandaapandaa View Post
Hey there,

I'm sorry you are feeling this way.

I totally get what you mean though. I feel like this a lot although I haven't been diagnosed as well. I'm pretty sure I have what you do and the best advice I can give you is to just keep rolling with it and eventually you will get through it but if it gets too rough, you might want to try and get some help. I would if I could.

I hope you're feeling better. (Sorry this post wasnt that much help!)

-A
Thank you Normally that's exactly what I do: I try to power through it eventually it gets better. It comes in episodes, like I'll maybe have it two days a week or something, and then I feel better. Anyway, thanks for your support!

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."
Closed Thread