TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,165, Level: 10 Points: 5,165, Level: 10 Points: 5,165, Level: 10

Unhappy Lonely Forever? - January 23rd 2015, 01:29 AM

Hello, i am 13 years old and in 7th grade; i have never even hugged a girl.

Yes, i realize i'm a bit young, but everyone says "You are gonna be alone forever" and "You are gonna get a Girl, some ugly whore!" From everyone! I have asked out 1 Girl, and i was called "Creepy" (I never even shown creepy activites around her at all, even) and i know most of this is bullshit, i will get someone, someday, but it make's me extremly depresed. Will i ever get a Girl? (In recent times, that is) Also, i really liked the Girl i asked out, there was like, 5 years of buildup, we talk sometimes, and i just got so shot down. I sit next to her in class, and her & her friend where saying how they could make me look better with plastic surgery. (Pointing out areas) And of corse, i just said "Fuck off" Anyhow, help.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Lonely Forever? - January 23rd 2015, 04:12 AM

First, you're 13. This is a bit early to be worried about being "alone forever." Second, you're not entitled to a girlfriend. Nobody is expected to like you. This seems rude for me to say, but it seems like you're saying that by this point, somebody should have liked you by now and that the girl should have said yes. The reality is that's now how life works. There is a quote that says, "You can be the juiciest peach in the world, but there are some people that just don't like peaches." You have not found a person who you yet, and you're acting like it's either something wrong with them or something wrong with you. It's neither-just nobody has liked you yet. Yes, somebody will most likely like you someday, but you need to stop looking for that person, stop working particularly just to impress others, and honestly stop caring so much. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

something burning?
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

Re: Lonely Forever? - January 23rd 2015, 05:08 AM

Hello, old me. Is there someone out there? Yes. Have I made this thread before myself? Yes, about seven of them I think. But look, there are like 7 billion people in this world. You'll get a girlfriend if you treat this as though its a hunger; Its not enough to simply want a girlfriend. You gotta eat, and if you keep trying, you will eat someday (chuckle) because you were driven to do it, and you never gave up. You always gotta try, and when you fail, you shrug it off and keep trying.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,165, Level: 10 Points: 5,165, Level: 10 Points: 5,165, Level: 10

Re: Lonely Forever? - January 23rd 2015, 06:01 AM

Thanks for the wise words of wisdom.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Lonely Forever? - January 23rd 2015, 11:48 PM

You're young. You've got a lot of life left ahead of you, so it's a bit premature to be asking if you will be forever alone. There are lots of people in this world. Eventually, someone will come into your life who is compatible enough with you to have a relationship together. You just have to stay confident in the meantime, and not give up on yourself. Knowing that you are a valuable person worth wanting will take you a long way. The confidence you exude will draw people to you. Maybe not tomorrow, or even this year, but at some point in your life, it will.

Keep in mind that people can be very mean at your age. Your peers are trying to find their identities and fit into social groups, just like you. Sometimes that means they choose to bully others to gain acceptance into a group, or they ridicule people they don't understand or who seem different to them. The way they treat you doesn't mean you deserve to be treated that way. They're going through their own stuff, and their words say more about them than they do about you. Remember that as you are going through your day, and don't let it change your perception of yourself.
Closed Thread