Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar
   Halloween Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Expression Poems, stories, artwork and similar creations are great ways to let out your thoughts or feelings. Please share your work with us here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount27

Edit avatar

Spoken word poetry - September 6th 2018, 12:26 PM

I'm 17 years old and I've been writing free verse poetry since last year. I always intended for the poems I wrote to be spoken word but because I have social anxiety disorder, pretty severely because I don't talk a lot in real life. I even had (and still have lol) a name for the project and like art for...I don't know if you'd call it an album but for whatever you want to call it. But I have never actually even shown my poems to anyone I know because I'm so shy. I've literally only posted them on here but because I got positive feedback for all four of them. Also I've been visiting a lot of different 'emo' subreddits because that's the genre I'm most interested in and it's what I listen to when I write. But a lot of people there post their own music or spoken word projects so I was thinking I should give it a shot. I'm not going to do it right now because I only have four finished free verse poems (and one in the works), I want to have at least twelve finished before I upload them.

I don't know, should I do it? I'm just so nervous and I'm worried that I'm not good like I think I am and that I'll make a mistake

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
screaming at the sky

TeenHelp Veteran

Pronouns: She/her

Re: Spoken word poetry - September 7th 2018, 12:14 PM

Hey,

I think I am going to move this to self-expression so you get more replies there.

Posting your work, even if you're a little nervous about it, seems like a great opportunity you can try. Doing it despite your nervousness might help your anxiety in the long run.

Maybe you could look into removal policies so if you become nervous you can delete it? You could also choose not to visit your post for a while after you post it if that helps you.

When I look into the eyes of an animal
I do not see an animal
I see a living being
I see a friend
I feel a soul.

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Spoken word poetry - September 9th 2018, 09:58 PM

There are some great places where one can share their work. I think it's great that you are considering sharing your work on other sites. I think that it could be worth it to try but I agree that it might be a good idea to look into removal policies. That way you can delete anything if you decide you no longer want to have them posted.

I know that it has taken me years to share my poetry outside of Teenhelp. Now, I have shared a lot of my poetry on facebook. I don't get a lot of comments on them but that's never been the main reason I shared. I can say that sharing them in the way that I have has been nice since it was something I've always wanted to do.

If sharing is something you've wanted to do then it might feel good to do it even if you end up deciding that you don't want to keep them up for a long time.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread