TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Expression Poems, stories, artwork and similar creations are great ways to let out your thoughts or feelings. Please share your work with us here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
love__me Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Rachel Sanders

Hannah's World, a fan fiction story. - January 10th 2009, 06:12 PM

This is a fan fiction story I wrote over Christmas Break last school year. I hope you guys like this story; please give me any feedback you would like, good or bad.
Hannah’s World
By Kaylee.

I walk down stares one morning to find Hannah Montana on the front page of the news paper. I saw the photograph of myself on the front page and below it the headline "Hannah losing the battle of the bulge" ... I couldn't believe it; they were saying I was fat. I stared at the picture. I was in shock. My dad came down stairs and saw the look on my face.

“What's up sweetheart?” he said trying to put his arms around me.

I pulled away, and showed him the picture on the front page, and said “Look at that… Can you see how fat I am?”

"Sweetie cant you see you’re perfect just the way you are?”

“Pictures don’t lie.”

At that time, Jackson came down stairs, and asked “What is wrong Miley?”

I showed him the picture, and started to cry. “I am so not going to school today dad, I can’t. Everyone will be laughing at Hannah, and I can’t take that.”

My dad told me that I had to go to school, that I had to face this sooner then later. I begged, and begged my dad to let me stay home. I offered to clean, to do all the house work, and that I would be so quiet that he wouldn’t even know I was home. I went to school, and Lily was there waiting for me.

“Miley! I am so sorry. I can’t believe all the rumors that are going around about Hannah, but we both know that none of them are true.”

Just then, Amber and Ashley came down the hall. “Hey Miley you look just as fat as Hannah Montana, Maybe you two can go on Weight Watchers together.”

I run into the bathroom, and start to cry. Lily comes in after me, and holds me in her arms. “I need to fix this; starting today I am going to try to go on a healthy diet.”

Lily looked me in the eyes and said. “I don’t want you to get carried away Miley, you know what happened to Mary Kate right?”

That day at lunch, I only ate a little of the fruit that I had gotten at the lunch line.

“What are you doing?” Lily asked me, “Didn’t I tell you not to over do it?”

I nodded my head and said “I ate a big breakfast before school."

Lily didn’t buy that one bit. “You are lying, Miley, I can tell”

Lily took my hand, and said “I don’t want you to take what people are saying about you or Hannah too far Miley, you are beautiful just the way you are.”

I started to cry. “How can you say that? No one thinks I am beautiful. You just say that because you are my best friend.”

Later that night, I had a Hannah Montana concert. Everyone was laughing at me. They even had signs saying “Hannah Fat Montana.” After the concert, I began to eat less and less. My dad became worried; he called my school guidance counselor.

Whenever dad and Jackson would try to talk to me about it, I would scream “Can’t you see how fat I am?” I would run and shut myself in my room. I had stopped going to lunch with Lily, because I couldn’t bear to see the concern in Lily’s eyes as I ate nothing but fruit again and again.

One day in Bio class, I was called to the guidance office. Ms. Johnson, the guidance counselor told me to come in and sit down.

“Miley your father and your best friend Lily are really worried about you. Can you think of why they are worried about you?” She sat with her legs crossed, waiting for my reply.

I ran my tongue over my lips, which suddenly felt very dry. "I don't know.” I said, but I didn't sound convinced, and I don't think Ms. Johnson believed me.

“Really? You can’t think of anything?”

I shook my head. “No I can’t Ms. Johnson.”

“I have spoken to your father and Lily Miley. They tell me that you are not eating healthy. Is this true?”

I shook my head once again. "No, it's not true. I eat fine.”

"I've been reading some things about Hannah Montana in the papers recently.”

"I don't want to talk about that" I said.

“Why not?”

“Because I don’t feel like talking about that. Now, can I go?”

She told me to sit down. “I didn’t mean to make you angry; I just thought you might be upset about it"

“Well yeah I am, but I don’t WANT to talk about it.”

“Miley what is going on in your head? Why are you telling your father, your brother, and Lily that you look fat?”

"Because all the papers say so, and the people at Hannah's concerts, everyone.”

“Miley what do you think? Do you believe the papers, the people at Hannah’s concerts?”

"I don't know.”

"Why would you believe them more than your father and Lily and people who care about YOU, not just about Hannah?”

“Because the people that care about me have to say the right things.”

”And have you never thought that the people who say mean things about Hannah might have reasons for saying them too?”

"Like what?"

"Well, maybe they're jealous. Maybe they hate the fact that Hannah is pretty and successful and they want to bring her down.”

I closed my eyes, and thought of what Ms. Johnson had just said. She leaned forward and asked me. "Miley, do you know what anorexia nervosa is?"

"I don’t have that, I do still eat.”

"But people with anorexia eat; Miley ... they just don't eat enough. Your father and Lily tell me you never eat anything except fruit and vegetables anymore."

"But that's just eating healthy, isn't it?”

“No Miley it isn’t, and I think you know that.”

Feeling the panic rise in me, I said."But I'm afraid to eat any more.”

“Ok Miley time is up, but here’s what I am going to do. I will be calling your father. I would like to talk more tomorrow. Is that ok with you?”

I started crying “I don’t know what to do.”

"Maybe you should talk to your father or to Lily; they are really concerned about you Miley."

I got up, and walked out of the office, I was so nervous when I saw Lily in the hallway waiting for me. I tried to walk past her. Lily caught my arm. "Miley, I'm your best friend, I think you're beautiful no matter what size you are, and I'll always care about you no matter what other people say about Hannah.”

I gave Lily a big hug. “Thank you Lily.”

I came home from school, and my dad asked me to sit down. I sat down, and waited for him to speak.

"Miley, I hope you know that I love you for you, not just for Hannah, and that you can always talk to me about anything.”

“Did Ms. Johnson call you today?”

He sighed, “She did call me, and told me that you two talked, and that she would like to talk more tomorrow.”

"She thinks I have anorexia.”

“And what do you think?”

“I don’t know dad, I do still eat and I am just trying to eat healthy.”

“Miley honey, what you are doing is very scary. Sweetie I am very worried about you, and you have to know that.”

I started to cry again for like the millionth time today, “Dad I don’t want to do this anymore. I just want to be normal again.”

"You ARE normal sweetheart, and there are people who can help you with this. Will you let them help you? Please Miley, I love you and I do not want anything to happen to you."

I fell into my dad’s arms, and as I cried all my pain out in his arms, something inside of me knew that everything would be alright. I went upstairs, and for the first time in months fell fast asleep. When I got up the next morning, I walked downstairs, and saw another picture of Hannah Montana. I looked at it, and said “I am not going to let this get me in that bad place anymore, I will not let people bring me down.”

The next day, Ms Johnson asked to see me.

"Miley how are you feeling today?”

“I am fine, Ms. Johnson I want help.”

Over time, I learned to accept myself for who I truly was. The rumors died down, everything went back to normal. I started to eat more than just fruit, and the papers were no longer making fun of Hannah Montana. Lily’s English teacher, Ms. Jones told the class that there was going to be a poetry contest next week. They were to submit their work to her by the end of the week. Lily thought of the poem she had written for me, when I was struggling with my eating problems. Lily went home, and looked for the poem. She handed it in to Ms. Jones on Friday.

The following Monday, Ms Jones said to the class

"I've chosen a winner for the poetry contest. I'm not going to tell you who wrote it, but I'd like to read it out to all of you."

This was what she read, and Lily knew that it was her poem. Lily smiled, and looked at me, I was in tears.

“I love you Lily.” I said after class that Monday.
To my best friend.
By Lily.

It’s been so long since you stopped coming by.
Now there are more and more tears in your eyes.
You know you are beautiful no matter what they say.
Why has this scary illness taken my best friend away?

I wish there was something I could do or say.
That would help take all of your pain away.
But you don't have to go through this alone.
Because I'll never leave you on your own.

I know right now you just want to run and cry.
But remember I always will be on your side.
Miley I don’t want you to make yourself sick.
You know with help this problem can be fixed.

I know deep down inside how very strong you are.
And all that faith and courage will carry you far.
And when you find it hard then I can guarantee.
There's one thing you can be sure of you’ll always have me.

You are beautiful just the way you are.
Looking like a fallen star.
Don't listen to what people say.
They don't know the real you, anyways.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Broken_Smile Offline
Depressed Author
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Keisha

Re: Hannah's World, a fan fiction story. - January 11th 2009, 11:00 AM

Awww...
That was f*cking AWESOME!
The media can cause self-doubt, eatting disorders, etc.
(that taken from a song by Anti Flag)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
love__me Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Rachel Sanders

Re: Hannah's World, a fan fiction story. - January 11th 2009, 01:27 PM

Thank you. I spent a lot of time on this story. Did you like the poem I wrote?

You are beautiful just the way you are.
Looking like a fallen star.
Don't listen to what people say.
They don't know the real you, anyways.

Closed Thread