TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Expression Poems, stories, artwork and similar creations are great ways to let out your thoughts or feelings. Please share your work with us here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Emily

Post It Gets Better - February 1st 2012, 12:29 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

It Gets Better

My name is Emily. On the outside, I look like a nice, smart, happy, and funny girl. Honestly, I have had a horrible past life. When I was younger, in elementary school, I was physically and emotional bullied. From what I remember, I was choked, pushed around, forced to fight, and called me names. I also remember being so scared to go to school that I throw up in the process. Then, of course, I cried. At age 11, my grandpa died of colon cancer. Also, when I was in New Jersey, I had thoughts of killing myself.

Then, in the 5th grade my mom announced my brother and I would be moving to Maryland after that school year ended. After about a year, I started feeling not myself. I isolated myself from everyone. I started using the internet 24/7. I guess I was sad, but at the time I didn’t feel like it. Then, one day, a girl I somewhat trusted spread a rumor about me liking two boys in my classes. I couldn’t deal with the pain of feeling like a “freak” again. In the process, I started having intense, long flashbacks of being bullied again.

In 8th grade, on March 22, 2010, my aunt, uncle, and 2 cousins were driving in a car and were hit by a impaired driver. After my mom left me, I guess I just lost my backbone and I fell apart. I didn’t want to any pain anymore so I started hurting myself with sicciors and art tools. I found out also that I am bisexual basically every hot girl or guy turns me on. I am in therapy, helping me cope with stressful events and depression. Using the small centimeters of faith I had I started listening to God’s word and praying. I am so much happier than I was back then.
What do you think of this?
  Send a message via Skype™ to ReasonsForRecovery 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
purplekc95 Offline
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: It Gets Better - February 1st 2012, 01:06 AM

I like it. Very complex. You should try and put mor emeotion into it though cause what you're doing is listing, but overall it's a pretty good write up!

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Emily

Re: It Gets Better - February 1st 2012, 09:35 PM

Thanks for the comment and advice
  Send a message via Skype™ to ReasonsForRecovery 
Closed Thread