TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Guest Advice Box For unregistered guests to ask all their questions and gain support.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Reaching out. - June 14th 2018, 08:25 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]I want to reach out for support and advice on TeenHelp, but I am scared to.

It also won't let me create threads in individual forums, it keeps telling me I don't have privileges.

But I don't want to use my account to ask for support and advice.

I wish I was able to use the TH Anonymous account to ask for support and advice. I don't know why I can't.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Reaching out. - June 14th 2018, 08:30 PM

Hello,
I am so sorry that you are having a hard time right now. And I hope that you will be okay soon. Whatever you are going through and you post a new thread no one is going to make fun of you and we will do our best to help you and support you with what you're going through. Also if you would like a little more privacy you can use the helplink or the live help to help you with what you are going through. I hope that you will be okay.

Senior HelpLINK Mentor and Forum Moderator. PM/VM

Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat, your breathing.
Itís the rhythm of your life. Itís the expression in time and movement,
in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques díAmbroise

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: Reaching out. - June 14th 2018, 08:49 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Thank you. It's more like I am older than a lot of the users on here and I'm at an age where I should have all my sheeps lined up in order. But I don't, far from it. I'm just beginning, at the place where I should have been when I was about your age or around there. Over the past few days, I have been doing a lot of thinking and TeenHelp has somehow become my home over the past several years. I really don't want to leave this lovely site or the people that come with it.

But I am embarrassed reaching out on my account. [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Resource Editor

I can't get enough

Re: Reaching out. - June 14th 2018, 09:32 PM

Hello there,

No matter how old someone is, it doesn't mean you have everything in order in your life. Everyone has stages with their personal journey or mental health.

If reaching out is embarrassing for you know that there is no shame in doing so no matter how old you are. Everyone deserves support and care when things aren't going well.

If you are uncomfortable reaching out through your account you can always use HelpLINK for some support.

Take care.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Reaching out. - June 14th 2018, 10:17 PM

Hello,

Everyone needs help time to time. And it is totally fine asking for help with whatever you are going through. Please do not be scared of asking for help. You can always come onto the helplink or live help if you do not want to use you're account. It is private and you can say whatever you need that you were going through and we will always help you the best that we can. Be brave you can do it. I wish you the best. And I hope that you will be okay soon.

Senior HelpLINK Mentor and Forum Moderator. PM/VM

Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat, your breathing.
Itís the rhythm of your life. Itís the expression in time and movement,
in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques díAmbroise

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Reaching out. - June 15th 2018, 02:04 AM

I don't think anyone ever gets to a place where they don't struggling. I suppose that there might be older people who have certain things figured out but from talking to people older than myself (50's, 60's and 70's) you don't ever really have it all in order.

Some people also take a bit more time to change or get their life in order. I've only just started my first real job when people my age have careers. It sucks but the thing is, that doesn't take away from my accomplishment. I imagine the same thing applies for you. People your age might have certain things going on or figured out; you might only be starting to work on those things but it's still an accomplishment. You can't base your achievements off of your peers because we all grow and change at different rates.

That being said, I am unsure why you don't have access to the anonymous feature. I know for HelpLINK you can log out of your account and submit tickets that way. I do it like that although I feel my email address used is identifying. I suppose you could change yours if you feel yours might be.

In regards to the anonymous feature, contact Rob and explain what you are getting. Maybe show Rob a screen shot so he knows exactly what is happening and can assist you. That way you might be able to figure out what's causing it and, hopefully, get the privilege back.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread