TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Guest Advice Box For unregistered guests to ask all their questions and gain support.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

sketchy posters - November 9th 2018, 05:19 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Hey why are we getting a sudden influx of sketchy posters all of a sudden? On one of my threads, I got two sketchy/questionalble posters saying they do not understand the "question" I had "asked" in my original post or the succeding post I made. I think these sketchy posters are just bots who are trying to bump up their post counts.

I also note that we are getting a ton of signature spammers. Does this mean that TeenHelp is truly dead? I know that when a forum is dead for some period of time, there is an influx of spammers and bots on the forums who exploit the lack of acitivity.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: sketchy posters - November 9th 2018, 07:51 PM

I've noticed that this is a trend on TH for a really long time (I used to have another account years back). It seems like whenever the more regular advice givers are less active, it seems to amplify the voices of people who post to say super weird stuff that's either just not helpful, or it's like they didn't understand the post, or, like you said, are like "I don't understand your question" even on pretty clear posts (which is totally different from asking for clarification, might I add)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: sketchy posters - November 9th 2018, 10:19 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Got another "I don't upderstand" post to my thread. What is so fucking difficult to understand? This does not make me feel too confident in my English grammar/presentation because I already have Asperger's Syndrome and I know I say the wrong things or mean to say something differently in a way that actually makes sense.

Another thing I've noticed is that there have been hardly any posts in the past week or so, excluding these so called [EDITED] hmm.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; November 17th 2018 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Rude and goes against tos

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: sketchy posters - November 11th 2018, 02:51 AM

I wouldn't take it to heart, I've seen it too (including on posts I've responded too that where perfectly easy to understand). It's not you or the people posting.

Like, yes, there are some things that are hard to be certain of on here. There are only so many variables that an OP can explain, sometimes you're kind of forced to explain the stories in more general terms so that people like myself aren't having to read your PhD thesis paper on your problem just to help you, but there's a large difference between having to probe for clarification on an aspect of the issue (perfectly acceptable), or maybe struggling to provide specific advice due to having to try to provide relevant suggestions, while really guess at what a stranger you don't know might have access to and so on.... that's tooooootally different from not understanding the post at all and, yeah, it makes me wonder if it's just a bot or something.

Like, why bother commenting at all if you're a "real" human and can see that another person clear does "get it" and is trying to help OR if no one else has posted yet, but you don't "get it" you could just go to another post and try to help in that case instead if you don't feel like you are able to contribute. So I totally get what you mean

Closed Thread