TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Guest Advice Box For unregistered guests to ask all their questions and gain support.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered - Oregano

Edit avatar

Unhappy Iím at a complete loss - June 11th 2019, 11:49 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Hey guys.

Itís Oregano. Iím currently unable to get into TeenHelp at the moment but I would love some support as I feel like I am going insane. I have this friend who is my good friend, and we talk/text everyday without fail and I havenít heard from him since Saturfay which is so odd of him to do. Iíve tried getting the cops to do a welfare check but theyíre not doing it because Iím not a family member and Iím at a complete loss of what to do. He lives in another state and I dont know his family members or any of his friends. I keep messaging his number everyday and I have bad bad gut feelings and I feel like Iím going crazy.

He recently went through a messy breakup and it pushed him to try and commit suicide and his ex is really horrible. Withholding his daughter from seeing him and I feel like he may have done something BUT I really hope that his phone data has run out or something.

I havenít slept properly the past few days and I myself is not in the right headspace. I tried talking to a lifeline today and they made it worst. Didnít make me feel better or assured and I I donít know what to do or how to feel.

This whole situation is giving me major flashbacks to when I was 15 and Iím so scared.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Butterfly. Offline
spread my wings and fly
Not a n00b

Name: Jen

Re: Iím at a complete loss - June 11th 2019, 12:31 PM

[FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="2"][B]I can understand that you are worried from your friend as you haven't heard from him in a few days, and especially so since you guys text/talk every single day. Does he have a social media account? Do you know his name (ie, real name?) or any other information that could help lead you to relatives or other friends in his area? I would suggest doing that and reaching out to them if that is possible.

I'm sorry that the police are not doing a wellness check, it doesn't seem rght they refuse to do it since you are not a family member. Do you, yourself, have anyone that you can reach out to for support during this time? Friends, family member, a mentor or a counselor? While it's great that you are worried about your friend, it shows what a caring person you are, you have to focus on taking care of yourself as well.

I wish you the best of luck. Please keep us updated.[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Articles Writer.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Iím at a complete loss - June 12th 2019, 06:21 PM

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="DimGray"][SIZE="3"]I'm really sorry to hear what you are going with a good friend. It's always worrying when someone is going through a difficult time and we don't hear from them. It's also really sad that the police won't do a welfare check either. This is a long shot, but is it possible to contact hospitals in his state and ask if he has been admitted into any of them? Not sure how far you'll get with that because of confidentiality and whether or not he is even in hospital but might be worth a try.

It may be possible that his phone has run out of data. He may be safe but withdrawing from everyone while he is going through such emotional turmoil.

It's okay to not know what to do or how to feel in this situation. It's awful when you are powerless to do anything and all you can do is keep contacting him and hope that he gets back to you. In the meantime, try to look after yourself. I know that's difficult when you are so worried about someone, but you matter too.

I'm sorry to hear that talking to a lifeline made you feel worse. Don't give up reaching out though and I hope you have other people in your life you can turn to as well. And we are always here for you [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
khosango Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Iím at a complete loss - June 13th 2019, 06:43 AM

listen to your heart

https://www.khosango.com/
https://www.khosannhua.com/