TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

bad in bed? - April 22nd 2012, 01:04 AM

The guy I am seeing told me last night when he was drunk that I don't give good blow jobs and that sex with me isn't that good. This really upsets me and I can't stop thinking about it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jas Offline
aka Xamed
Junior TeenHelper

Re: bad in bed? - April 22nd 2012, 02:49 AM

I need more information to say much of anything about this beyond: Yeah, he was drunk, but that is a jerk thing to say. ever. Of course you're still thinking about it, anyone would be upset with someone being critical in such an insensitive way!

How old is he? How much experience do either of you have? How long have you been seeing him/having sex with him? Are you communicative outside of the bedroom or in it?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: bad in bed? - April 22nd 2012, 07:22 AM

Well, honestly, he was drunk. When he is sober, I would bring this up with him, and ask about places where you can improve. This could have been something he said out of drunkness, or an actual issue that you need to discuss, but either way, you guys need to communicate. He doesn't have the right to say mean things to you, drunk or not.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: bad in bed? - April 22nd 2012, 01:12 PM

When people are drunk, they can say things they either: a. don't mean or b. believe in. If he believes you have areas to improve in, wait until he's sober to talk to him about it. Think of it as constructive criticism.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: bad in bed? - April 22nd 2012, 01:21 PM

I tend to think that alcohol gives you the confidence to say things you most likely wouldn't say sober which I know disagrees with what the other two have said but the best thing to do is talk to him about it while he is sober. Ask him what you can do to improve on it and what he likes/doesn't like but it wasn't a nice thing of him to say and if he wanted to tell you, he could have picked a better way to go about it rather than being drunk so it's understandable that you're upset and still thinking about it.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
SM13 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: bad in bed? - April 23rd 2012, 02:12 AM

I agree with Charlie on this one. Also at least now you know to work on it (I was horrible at stuff at first but eventually learned). Also practice makes perfect so have fun with it. Don't get too serious. If y'all mess up try to laugh about it

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sammy

Re: bad in bed? - April 23rd 2012, 09:02 PM

Personally, i think you need to tell him that it hurt you when he said that. If my bf just came out with it i'd be really upset.

But things in the bedroom always can be improved to each others likes and dislikes. Maybe try to communicate with him in the bedroom... ask him if he likes something... try dirty talking and get him to tell you what he likes... or just watch carefully for expressions etc so you can see which bits he likes.

Sexual things are meant to be fun. Exploring new things should be exciting, and learning what he likes should be a positive experience not leave you feeling bad.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: bad in bed? - April 23rd 2012, 10:17 PM

My personal opinion is not to have sex with a drunk person ever. You never know what you're going to expect from them especially in what they say. I would be hurt too, to be honest. To me, it sounds like he isn't a good guy for you to begin with, but then again, maybe it's just my natural instincts. But, like others said in a nutshell, communication is important especially during some fun in bed! Good luck.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Garyl Offline
What's next, little man?

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Eli

Re: bad in bed? - April 26th 2012, 05:46 AM

That was a pretty jerk move. No one should ever tell you that, and being drunk is no excuse. You have every right to be upset.

At the very least, broach the topic when he is sober and let him know how much it upset you.

Things could go a few ways from there. At one end, you could stop having sex with him. At the other, you could ask him in a more relaxed, casual, situation what you can do to "improve" your skills. If he has a soul, he'd be happy to show you what to do.

Let's eat some spectral oats!
  Send a message via Yahoo to Garyl  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread