TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Randomgirl38 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nala B.

Never been kissed :( - April 29th 2012, 04:17 AM

I'm 15 and I've never had a boyfriend nor have I been kissed. Pathetic right? I know. But when the time comes for me to make out with somebody I'm scared that I won't know what to do. And I don't want to tell them because I'm gonna feel embarrased. So I just want to know what to do or how to practice by myself. lol, but I just don't want it to end in disaster.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
jolly123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Never been kissed :( - April 29th 2012, 04:22 AM

Hello. I was exactly the same, I didn't have my first girlfriend untill I was 16, and I had never kissed anyone before then. It is a totally natural thing, don't worry. When it happens, you just sort of know what do to, so it's good. My advice would be enjoy it, and remember it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
KidNamedChicago Offline
KidNamedChicago
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emily

Re: Never been kissed :( - April 29th 2012, 06:38 AM

Don't worry it will happen someday, I know that sounds lame, but trust me it will!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Disneygirl94 Offline
I believe I Can Fly
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kaitlyn

Re: Never been kissed :( - April 29th 2012, 06:42 AM

Don't worry about it. Everybody is different. My friend didn't have her first kiss until she was 17. I'll happy sooner than you think, you just have to be patient. And also, don't stress out about the kissing, i'll just come naturally. I promise

"My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return. "

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Garyl Offline
What's next, little man?

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Eli

Re: Never been kissed :( - April 29th 2012, 06:43 AM

It's perfectly okay not to have had a first kiss at fifteen. Or Eighteen. Or whatever. Just because it seems like everyone else is making out doesn't mean you have to, too, even though you may feel really pressured and really REALLY want to have your first kiss. But it WILL happen, and you aren't pathetic because it hasn't happened yet.

As for kissing, I know it sounds cliched, but it comes naturally with practice, which means:

1) Try not to panic. Butterflies will be all aflutter and your heart will be pounding, but don't get so nervous you panic and won't be good at it, etc etc. Although that's easier said then done.

2) Relax. If you feel yourself tensing up all deer-in-the-headlights, remember to breathe. Breathing is good.

3) Though it takes getting used to, kissing is actually very natural. So don't use your head too much, and instead use your body to guide you.

4) Kissing is a two way thing. A good kiss is where you can mesh with the same person in perfect sync. It takes a little time to figure out how to do that, but it becomes effortless over time. So follow the lead of the other person, and read their signals and body language. A kiss is communicating your feelings towards someone, whether they are affection, gratitude, intimacy, lust, love, playfulness, etc. Just remember to feel the communication coming back to you, too.

So relax, listen to your body, and take cues off the other person.

Let's eat some spectral oats!
  Send a message via Yahoo to Garyl  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Never been kissed :( - April 29th 2012, 11:15 AM

Hi there,

Honestly, PLEASE do not worry about it. I had mine when I was very nearly 16, and I admit it did used to bother me that I hadn't had my first kiss. It was horrible. I didn't know why I'd wanted it for so long.

I did honestly think it would never happen- but it did. Try not to stress about it. It's no big deal. Sure, you might be curious, but it will come in time. Try not to worry about it- there's millions of people in the same situation you are- and like I said, when I was your age, I was the same. Loads of people don't have their first kisses until they find someone they really love, because they want to make it special.

It'll happen. Give it time

~Laura

Take as long as you need.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Never been kissed :( - April 29th 2012, 01:08 PM

There are plenty of people your age, younger and even OLDER who have never dated, let alone kissed someone. You're not pathetic. It just means you haven't found the right person for you yet. You can't settle for something/one that is less than you deserve, can you? Nope, you can't.

Please don't worry about this. There is plenty of time to date, and have boyfriends. Trust me. It might seem like everyone is dating someone, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. I was nearing 17 when I had my first serious boyfriend in high school.

When the time does come, kissing someone will come absolutely natural to you. Of course, it's going to take practice, but you'll know what to do when the time comes.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
SM13 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Never been kissed :( - April 29th 2012, 04:21 PM

I didn't have my first boyfriend or my first kiss until the month before I turned 17. And quite frankly that ex has really fucked up my life and since he dumped me after a year of dating I have lost my bf/best friend and gone down a road of deoression and self harm. I wish id never dated him. Before I was with him I felt like I was missing out on everything cuz I'd never had a boyfriend or a kiss but honestly I'd be much happier if I never did. I know it's hard but try not to get too down on yourself. If you need anything feel free to PM me any time.

Best Wishes
~SM~

(#9 (permalink)) Old
OmNom Offline
Green Candy Eating Cutie
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Never been kissed :( - April 29th 2012, 09:53 PM

I am 14 and haven't been kissed. Neither have most of my friends so I guess I don't feel like I'm the only one but still you shouldn't worry about it. It'll happen when it's supposed to happen.

PM me if you need anything Except ice cream. I never share my ice cream

(#10 (permalink)) Old
SM13 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Never been kissed :( - April 29th 2012, 09:56 PM

A lot of my 17 year old friends haven't been kissed either.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Never been kissed :( - April 30th 2012, 12:46 AM

I'm fifteen and have never had a significant other and therefore have never been kissed. I mean, if it happens, it happens, but for me, I don't care because I know that I have PLENTY of time to experience that. So do you, you're still young. You have plenty of time to find the right person for you, and by this it seems like you haven't. When the time comes to kiss someone, it will almost come like an instinct to you. Of course, it'll take practice, but it'll be as if you just know.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Dark-and-Twisty Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nicole

Re: Never been kissed :( - April 30th 2012, 01:12 AM

You're fifteen. Don't worry about, and whatever you do, I can tell you from personal experience, don't kiss just anyone. I was nineteen when I had my first "kiss," and it meant absolutely nothing to me because I was lonely and desperate. Basically I just let him kiss me because I wanted to know what it felt like.

Horrible idea.

I mean, it wasn't BAD by any means, it just didn't mean anything.

"You say you're all dark and twisty. It's not a flaw, it's a strength. It makes you who you are."

~ Derek, Grey's Anatomy

(#13 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: Never been kissed :( - April 30th 2012, 01:53 AM

Im 19 never been kissed so dont rush it your way too young any ways for kissing
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Little Lion Man
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: Never been kissed :( - April 30th 2012, 02:23 AM

Like everyone else has said, it's no big deal. I didn't kiss anyone until I was seventeen and I have a friend that didn't date anyone until she was in college. When it happens, don't stress about it. You'll know what to do.

Sorry I couldn't be there, I was tied to a rocking chair.

Last edited by Apple Orchard Ghost; April 30th 2012 at 02:23 AM. Reason: I can't spell haha.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
SM13 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Never been kissed :( - April 30th 2012, 02:34 AM

My mother didn't get her first kiss or first boyfriend until college (with my dad). He's actually the only guy she's dated. So no worries you can still end up happily ever after. I think it's kinda cool that he's he only one she's kissed and dated and stuff

(#16 (permalink)) Old
mindflower Offline
what the hell is a FixYou♥
I can't get enough

Name: taylor

Re: Never been kissed :( - April 30th 2012, 04:55 AM

I haven't had a bf/gf (yet....), but I've been kissed....what is it now....5 times? well...not counting my pervert cousin. But first kiss, it just sorta happens and when ur in that moment, you just sorta know what to do. its like you aren't even urself for a second, and its like completely an "omygod....did I really just kiss him/her...and they liked it?" it honestly is just an instinct thing. and once it happens once, it only gets better dont worry about age. it will happen when its perfect timing

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Castiel's Angel Offline
She turned me into a newt!!
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ellie

Re: Never been kissed :( - May 2nd 2012, 10:35 AM

I wouldn't worry about it. I was 11 when I had my first kiss and I regreted it sooo much.
I'm 15 now and I know exactly where you are coming from about getting it wrong. Don't be embarrased, I told my last boyfriend I couldn't hook-up properly and he just laughed and showed me. Just try to relax and when your time comes just basically copy your partner. It's what I do

Be proud of your place in the cosmos. It is small, and yet...
it IS

HelpLINK Mentor: 26/3/2012- 4/11/2012
Buddy:13/7/2013- 27/12/2013
HelpLINK Mentor: 28/02/2015-

Send a message via Yahoo to Castiel's Angel  
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
survivor16 Offline
Like a skyscraper. <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Shelby

Re: Never been kissed :( - May 2nd 2012, 02:04 PM

Like everyone else has said, dont worry!
This is completely normal, lots of people dont have their first kisses this early. Remember that it WILL happen, with the right person at the right time.

I know you must feel bad, but try not to. Remember, you are not the only one who is dealing with this.

I hope this helped and that you feel better. The kisses come naturally, so you dont need to practice!

Shelby

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Never been kissed :( - May 2nd 2012, 04:12 PM

Haha you have nothing to worry about. Reeelllaaaxxxx.

A good friend of mine just had his first kiss... at age 27. He is happy as a clam, just never pursued women. Your time will come when it is meant to.

Hamid: What's that?
Rambo: It's blue light.
Hamid: What does it do?
Rambo: It turns blue.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: Never been kissed :( - May 2nd 2012, 08:51 PM

First of all, it's not pathetic that you haven't had a boyfriend or been kissed yet. Everyone gets their first kiss or boyfriend at different times.

As for what to do, when it happens, just go with the flow and relax. I'm sure it'll go well

(#21 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: Never been kissed :( - May 2nd 2012, 09:28 PM

It's kinda sad that a 15 year old girl is saying they have never been kissed and want it right away just to be socially accepted. It just tells me how rushed people want to develop these experiences without really taking the time to understand them. You are young, my friend. It only seems like a big deal because you are young. The best experiences comes through time and patience. Sometimes things like these aren't always butterflies and fairytales. Make every moment count no matter what. Let the kiss come to you. Good luck!

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Randomgirl38 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nala B.

Re: Never been kissed :( - May 2nd 2012, 10:40 PM

Thank you, you guys. You made me realize that I wasn't the only one out there who hasn't had their first kiss. I'll try not to stress about it so much

(#23 (permalink)) Old
survivor16 Offline
Like a skyscraper. <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Shelby

Re: Never been kissed :( - May 3rd 2012, 08:47 PM

Great job! Glad you are feeling better!

(#24 (permalink)) Old
jodi322 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jodi McCann

Re: Never been kissed :( - May 7th 2012, 11:01 PM

Don't worry, you aren't alone! I didn't have my first kiss until I was sixteen.

Like everyone has been saying, it comes pretty naturally and the only thing I can really tell you is tp make sure you turn your head slightly to one side (wouldn't want to bump noses, after all! ) and to relax. Oh! And as for practicing, I have never personally tried this, but I know that some of my friends used to "practice" kissing by kissing their fists just above their thumbs. I never understood it, but they swear it helps! Hope this was useful!

Stay Strong.
Message me if you need to talk. I may not always have the best advice, but I'm always willing to listen.
Aim for the moon for if you fall, you will land amoungst the stars.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
purplemask Offline
Average Joe

Name: Regina

Re: Never been kissed :( - May 8th 2012, 11:33 PM

My friend has never been kissed nor had a boyfriend and she's 21...no one thinks she's pathetic or weird or anything like that. I didn't get my first kiss until I was 16 and I said "ok, so I don't really know what I'm doing but..." and kissed him. It was awkward, a little embarrassing, inexperienced, and totally worth it. Your first kiss probably won't be straight out of The Notebook. Like everything, it takes practice. And every person kisses differently, so you may make out with your first boyfriend, get good at making out with him...then you guys might break up and the next person you date may make out completely differently.

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Never been kissed :( - May 11th 2012, 04:32 AM

I'm in the same boat: never been kissed, never had a boyfriend and feeling pretty shitty about it but this tread has been really helpful. Made me feel less alone

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
metalheadjessus Offline
Average Joe

Re: Never been kissed :( - May 13th 2012, 07:28 PM

Someone will come when you aren't looking for anyone. It'll happen, trust me. And as for not knowing what to do, don't worry; it comes pretty naturally. It's just a case of having to chill out and go with the flow

(#28 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: Never been kissed :( - May 13th 2012, 08:37 PM

A lot of people your age haven't been kissed. I haven't. Somebody might be in the same situation as you. Don't worry too much about it. Just because you haven't been kissed doesn't make it the end of the world.

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

(#29 (permalink)) Old
George^^ Offline
Hi :D
Senior TeenHelper

Name: George

Re: Never been kissed :( - May 13th 2012, 09:06 PM

Hey, it's alright to never been kissed, I haven't (at least not one that counts.)- Lots of people haven't been kissed at 15, there really isn't all that much worry, when the time comes, it'll be alright.

I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it a thousand fucking times
That I'm OK, that I'm fine, that it's all just in my mind
But this has got the best of me, and I can't seem to sleep
It's not 'cause you're not with me, it's cause you never leave

(#30 (permalink)) Old
tumbler120 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kathryn

Re: Never been kissed :( - May 15th 2012, 02:35 AM

I'm 15 and I've never been kissed either. All of my friends tell me not to worry about my first kiss because it comes natural...I hope they're right! Good luck

(#31 (permalink)) Old
mindflower Offline
what the hell is a FixYou♥
I can't get enough

Name: taylor

Re: Never been kissed :( - May 16th 2012, 12:34 AM

it does! honestly its just...it happens. And for tons of people, it happens out. of. nowhere.
I'm not gonna go ranting into mine, but just in general, mine was in a dark empty school cafeteria after a choir performance. so...it just happens. Dont worry hun, itll come and when it does, itll be like QWERTYUIKJHGFDSASCFVGBNJMK

(#32 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Never been kissed :( - May 16th 2012, 02:20 AM

You can't let it bother you. You're only 15. You can't go into it thinking something is wrong with you when there's not. It will be the insecurity over not being amongst the first to kiss a guy that'll best you NOT the fact that you are, in fact, perfectly normal in your age range. I know several people who haven't had a boyfriend or girlfriend, kissed someone or had sex and my friends are all 18-25 (on average)

(#33 (permalink)) Old
alexjames Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Alex

Re: Never been kissed :( - May 17th 2012, 01:52 PM

I'm 20 (TWENTY!!!!!) and never had a girlfriend, so don't worry about it, people are always telling me love finds us, so one day we will know what it feels like x

(#34 (permalink)) Old
vicky_321 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Never been kissed :( - May 18th 2012, 11:15 AM

Okay listen, my first kiss was about a month ago in a house party, when i was sorta drunk. My second kiss happened with another guy and he doesn't even know he was my second kiss, i could barely remember what happened in the party. I know how scary it could get and i waited so long to have my first kiss because i was so scared and paranoid about what would happen and i just didn't want my first kiss to fail. Now honestly, i know it's hard to listen to people when they say "it's gonna be alright, it's easy and not scary" but it is. Haha, i know it's scary at first, it is, but after the first time it won't be scary anymore, i promise. I felt the same way as you feel right now and i guarantee you it's not that bad! This guy actually told me i was the best kisser he had so far. See? easy!

(#35 (permalink)) Old
blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Re: Never been kissed :( - May 19th 2012, 08:44 PM

Like everyone else is saying - it's not unusual at all, and I'm glad you realise that

My first kiss... I don't even know what was going on. He was just using me I think, I was nearly 15 and he was nearly 17. But I didn't know what to do, and honestly, it just comes naturally.

My second kiss I was drunk for, so yeah, I really don't recommend that

Just don't get hung up over it. It'll happen when it happens. A saying someone once told me was "As soon as you stop looking for love, love will find you." So I guess I nee to stop looking

Closed Thread