TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JustACityBoy Offline
Telemachus
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Carl

What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 8th 2012, 04:24 AM

What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you in school/workplace?
More likely, checking you out. The thing is, they do it alot and try to do it secretly.
How do you feel?
I'd personally feel nervous and prefer it they stop. (in the nicest way possible)
and I might try to look a tad nice and sit straight, but look the other way so they only see the back of my head or side of my face.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
jodi322 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jodi McCann

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 8th 2012, 04:42 AM

I generally have the same reaction. I don't like the feeling of being watched - it really creeps me out! If I can't leave the room or make the person who is staring at me stop (as you said, in the nicest way possible), then I usually try to ignore it. If this doesn't help any and I am genuinely creeped out by this person, then I may tell someone or ask for advice on what to do. Usually, though, I am in a position where I can simply leave the room if the person continues to watch me.

Stay Strong.
Message me if you need to talk. I may not always have the best advice, but I'm always willing to listen.
Aim for the moon for if you fall, you will land amoungst the stars.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
heather_tate19 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Heather

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 8th 2012, 04:45 AM

My scenario is if I am at a department seminar and I see people staring at me.

if it's a guy
I think: he must be attracted to me
if I think he's cute: I smile, teeth and all (and I feel special)
if I think he's a creep: I try to ignore him and not look at him at all (I feel disgusted)

If it's a girl staring at me: I try to ignore her and not look at her at all (I feel like she's a b**ch. backstabbing b**ch. whether I know her or not. She's staring at me so she might be talking crap about me later, she must be a b**ch)

that's just me tho

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Garyl Offline
What's next, little man?

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Eli

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 8th 2012, 05:19 AM

For creepy staring, I ignore it. If it's continuous, I will speak up. I shouldn't have to feel uncomfortable because someone is weird.

Let's eat some spectral oats!
  Send a message via Yahoo to Garyl  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Henry Tyrell Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 8th 2012, 05:42 AM

Do I have something on my face? Or on my shirt? Is my fly unzipped? Ohmygod, my hair, it must be fixed! Stop looking at MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
JustACityBoy Offline
Telemachus
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Carl

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 8th 2012, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosana View Post
Do I have something on my face? Or on my shirt? Is my fly unzipped? Ohmygod, my hair, it must be fixed! Stop looking at MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually WANT to stare at a person but I won't if they think anything.

And yea that is exactly why I get nervous, cause I have some bad spots and angles, but I don't mind the idea.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 9th 2012, 05:16 PM

If someone looked at me in a creepy way then I would start to feel uncomfortable, and not meet their eye.

But if someone looked at me as if they liked me (in a non-creepy way), and I thought they were cute... then I would feel self-conscious and assume they were staring because I look terrible.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 10th 2012, 12:14 PM

I fart.

Sometimes... lol, I'm single and not looking. Fucking prince charming.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by BDF; May 10th 2012 at 09:30 PM.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 10th 2012, 01:05 PM

Edge closer to people I know. It makes me incredibly paranoid. Just talk to me, don't stare!

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 10th 2012, 11:27 PM

Lol, I know I've accidentally "stared" at people on occasion myself, but it's usually just cause I am distracted and my visual focus just fell on someone, but I'm usually not really paying attention to what they're doing and would only be a few seconds, but considering my size and typical dress it's not like I am some kind of massive threat haha....
When ever people stare at me I usually don't care. I definitely don't look like a troll (I'm not trying to say I am the hottest out there, I am defs not, I'm pretty average, I'm just saying I'm not ugly by a long shot haha) so I mean, what ever, people will check me out or look at me or what ever, so I'm not going to freak out and think something is wrong (it's not like I would have accidentally left home wearing a clown hat or something) and unless a person is just blatantly ogling for way to long with out ever approaching me then I don't really care, it's not my problem... Unless they're looking at me cause they want to kidnap me, but on an ordinary day to day basis, that's highly unlikely...
If they're going to stare for a while, it'll start to bother me, but I'd either approach them or give them a look to suggest that, like, hello, I know what you're doing OR I'd just go somewhere else (say I am in a line up at a store, idk). I kinda hate it when creepy people like stare at you and the second you look at them hoping they've stopped they come to talk to you and it's like oh... crap... uhmm I have to go, family emergency, yeah yeah, bye BYE.... But that doesn't happen all that often (like, basically, ever!!)

Last edited by Always *; May 10th 2012 at 11:36 PM.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 11th 2012, 01:07 AM

I'd feel nervous and really uncomfortable but not say anything. But I've done the same thing, sometimes intentionally checking someone out and sometimes just watching people for the sake of observing, or even just staring into space, then they always seem to notice and I feel bad. But either way, I get nervous and wish they wouldn't.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 11th 2012, 01:56 AM

I stare them down as if it's a challenge.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
SM13 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 11th 2012, 02:45 AM

I wonder if theres something messed up about me. Also if somebody is looking at me I usually look back at them and see what they do. It's fun. Like at six flags! Best people watching ever

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Castiel's Angel Offline
She turned me into a newt!!
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ellie

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 11th 2012, 03:14 AM

I try to just pretend I don't notice them and also try to figure out if my appearence could be better...
But if it continues then I just stare back

Be proud of your place in the cosmos. It is small, and yet...
it IS

HelpLINK Mentor: 26/3/2012- 4/11/2012
Buddy:13/7/2013- 27/12/2013
HelpLINK Mentor: 28/02/2015-

Send a message via Yahoo to Castiel's Angel  
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Disneygirl94 Offline
I believe I Can Fly
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kaitlyn

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 11th 2012, 04:14 AM

All depends haha. Once in a while its okay i guess...but too much...its starts to get annoying and creepy.espically if its someone way older than me...thats when i try to walk faster

"My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return. "

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 11th 2012, 04:19 AM

I hate when people stare at me.
I usually end up making eye contact and then quickly look away due to the awkwardness.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#17 (permalink)) Old
mindflower Offline
what the hell is a FixYou♥
I can't get enough

Name: taylor

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 12th 2012, 01:32 AM

M-kay. Uh....if its someone I like, like as a friend, I'll smile or give one of those "yeah-I'm-pimp" head nods, or I'll stick out my tongue :P
if its someone I like like, I smile and blush a lot and do something perverted with my tongue (lick my lip in a seductive way) insta-horny
if its someone i hate, i evil stare or ignore them
creepers...i spaz out STOP LOOKING AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 13th 2012, 01:36 AM

I find the worst people for staring are little kids (like under 10 kinda deal)... And then I am like "why me?" haha... Or babies, but who really cares about why a baby dared to look at you haha

(#19 (permalink)) Old
mindflower Offline
what the hell is a FixYou♥
I can't get enough

Name: taylor

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 13th 2012, 01:49 AM

hahaha when older people stare at me....I feel like theyre saying in their heads "what kinda dope is that child on!?"

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 13th 2012, 02:26 AM

I usually stare back, but I usually look away because I start laughing about it.

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#21 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 13th 2012, 02:53 AM

I get really creeped out and I get really mad at them.

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

(#22 (permalink)) Old
George^^ Offline
Hi :D
Senior TeenHelper

Name: George

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 13th 2012, 02:53 AM

I wonder why the fuck they're staring at me. If it's someone I know I'm like "WHAT?" and if it's someone I sorta know in my mind I'm like 'what the fuck are you staring at me for?' and if it's a stranger, repeat number two but add 'are you a pedofile? Do you have a bad taste in people for relationships- 'cause I know I'm ugly'.

I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it a thousand fucking times
That I'm OK, that I'm fine, that it's all just in my mind
But this has got the best of me, and I can't seem to sleep
It's not 'cause you're not with me, it's cause you never leave

(#23 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: What is your response/thoughts when someone stares at you? - May 16th 2012, 12:34 AM

In a way, it's flattering. But it also makes me very nervous and I don't have good enough self-esteem to be stared at all the time. It makes me worry that something is wrong with myself. Haha.

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

Closed Thread