TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Maddiystic Offline
Average Joe

Name: Maddi

Shaving - August 26th 2012, 02:20 AM

Hiiii!

Well, I have some shaving questions....

1: Shaving cream. What is the point of it -- what does it do?
Do you recommend using it?
How do you use it? (eg. put it on after shaving, put it on, wash it off then shave, etc?)

2: Arms

Is it okay to shave your arms?
Why do some people do or don't?

Thanks in advance!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: Shaving - August 26th 2012, 04:01 AM

1. Shaving cream helps for a lot of people with sensitive skin; it helps prevent razor burn and can help keep your skin from becoming irritated. To use it, you shake up the can, rub it on your legs, and leave it there as you shave. Washing it off before you shave defeats the point, you wash the leftover bits off after. Now, I personally just use soap; it works just as well for me and is cheaper. However, everyone is different and it depends on what you prefer.

2. Yes, it is okay to shave your arms, but I would not recommend it. Lots of people have darker hair on their arms (me being one of them), and there's nothing at all wrong with it. Not only that, but you would have to constantly shave your arms because the hair will just grow back darker the more you shave it, and the stubble on your arms can be very noticeable. Trust me, I've been there, it isn't a good idea. It's completely up to you, but as I said before, I just wouldn't recommend it.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Shaving - August 26th 2012, 01:29 PM

1. Shaving creams is used to shave. You lather it on, and then shave it off. It helps keep your skin from drying out, and it's a lot easier to use than soap. They have a variety of creams. The one I prefer is a scented strawberry designed for sensitive skin, skin that's how my skin is.

2. Just like shaving your legs, armpits or even your nether regions, shaving your arms is risky. The hair is meant to protect the skin away from dust, dander, dirt and other things like bacteria. But, once you shave, the hair grows quicker and darker than what your hair normally is (just like shaving anything else on your body).

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Maddiystic Offline
Average Joe

Name: Maddi

Re: Shaving - August 26th 2012, 09:15 PM

Alright, thanks for the replies. It's just that I reeeeaaaally don't like having my arms hairy, but I may reconsider.

Closed Thread