TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chartreuse Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Char

Points: 6,379, Level: 11 Points: 6,379, Level: 11 Points: 6,379, Level: 11

Late but not pregnant - July 17th 2013, 02:28 PM

I went off the birth control pill in December. My periods have been irregular, understandably, since then, but never this late. My average is around 33 days or so from the start of my period to the start of the next one, and I'm at at least 45 now (probably more; I forgot to keep track of the last period but know the latest possible date it could have been based on what I can remember about when I didn't have it).

I already went to Planned Parenthood and got a pregnancy test, and it was negative, so I'm pretty sure it's not that. (I've been having sex pretty regularly and use condoms.) I'm not exactly complaining about not getting my period (lol) but I'm still uneasy about it. Any explanations for what might be happening?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Points: 23,651, Level: 22 Points: 23,651, Level: 22 Points: 23,651, Level: 22

Re: Late but not pregnant - July 17th 2013, 06:26 PM

Are you possibly stressed out about saying? Or have something really big on your mind? Sometimes you can just be late because you are stressed or worried.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?

Points: 45,116, Level: 30 Points: 45,116, Level: 30 Points: 45,116, Level: 30

Re: Late but not pregnant - July 17th 2013, 08:46 PM

It could be a number of things. As Kayla said, one could be stress. Another could be diet changes. If you're sure you're not pregnant, I wouldn't worry about it. But if you're still concerned, talk to your doctor.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Chartreuse Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Char

Points: 6,379, Level: 11 Points: 6,379, Level: 11 Points: 6,379, Level: 11

Re: Late but not pregnant - July 18th 2013, 01:12 AM

No, I'm not stressed or worried at all (it's summer! lol). My diet and workout routine are the same as they've been for the last six months. I can't think of any changes in my lifestyle that might be effecting it.

And I know to a lot of people, pregnancy is the only thing they worry about when their period is late, but I'm worried about general health as well, hence why I posted this thread.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Late but not pregnant - July 18th 2013, 02:11 AM

Well, I think that people have this expectation that their period will always come at the exact same time 100% of the time. I think it's best to just put it from your mind, don't let it freak you out, just cause it's late doesn't mean anything serious is wrong. If you don't get it in 2 more weeks I'd get another pregnancy test to be safe. You COULD have a cyst for all you know, but if you get another negative test (or are certain your not preggo) then you can always look into that (BC prevents cysts so going off it could allow that to occur more easily), but if it's just a late period (no pain, no cramps, no nothing) there isn't likely anything serious going on, but give it until you miss 2 then see a doc missing the odd single period is nothing hugely serious unless you might be pregnant, another week or 2 won't hurt you unless, like I said, your experiencing some sort of abdominal pain or what ever

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
Closed Thread