TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
acting101 Offline
Average Joe

Don't Want to Give Oral - May 16th 2014, 12:19 AM

Hey there.

So I've yet to be in a sexual relationship, and I'm very indecisive on how I feel about sex and related acts. It might just be because I haven't experienced it yet, but I'm not sure. I'm willing to try though if I ever find a guy I can trust.

But I really don't like the idea of oral sex, giving or getting, and I know that a lot of guys like to receive it. When I get into a sexual relationship, I'm pretty sure that I won't want to give any, at least not for a while.

Any girls out there who also don't like giving oral sex to guys? How have your partners react when you tell them no? I know it'll be different reactions depending on the guy, but I'm just curious to hear stories.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: Don't Want to Give Oral - May 16th 2014, 01:00 AM

It's perfectly ok not to want to give oral, when I was last in a relationship with a guy I made it very clear that I didn't want to give it to him because, putting it bluntly, I found the whole idea of it grotesque. When I told him about it he was pretty fine with it and said to me that if it's not something I'd want to do then he'd fully accept it and certainly wouldn't try and force me, which he didn't.

Whatever guy you find, make sure to let him know that you're not interested in the idea of oral sex, giving or receiving. While there are a lot of guys out there who may not take it as well as expected, if they do really care about you, chances are they'll probably just accept it an move on. Then, if you ever feel ready to, it'll be up to you entirely.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Don't Want to Give Oral - May 16th 2014, 01:42 AM

I'm not opposed to oral sex (giving or receiving), but I've had to have a similar talk to my partner about anal (as it's simply not something I am interested in) and he was 100% respectful about it. If you meet a man who won't date you for that reason, it's not a relationship worth keeping. Does it make him a horrible person? No, we all have requirements in a relationship. There might be guys out there who completely need oral sex in a relationship in order for them to be happy, and that's their right. You also have the right to be opposed. There are billions of people out there; you'll find somebody whose sexual requirements match or cooperate with yours.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: Don't Want to Give Oral - May 16th 2014, 05:13 AM

A good guy will always respect your decisions and if you don't want to give oral, he'll accept that. Sometimes my fiancé really wants me to give him oral, but I just have to tell him no sometimes, because sometimes I just don't want to do it. And he accepts and respects that no problem.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I can't get enough

Name: Kay

Re: Don't Want to Give Oral - May 16th 2014, 07:25 AM

I agree what has been said in the above posts. In my previous relationship I made it quite clear that I do not want to oral, he did accept it!
A guy who respects you will accept your decision, because in the end all that matters is how comfortable you both are doing certain things. So, you don't really have to worry about it.
Feel free to message me if you want to talk

"Being happy isn't about having everything in your life perfect. Maybe it is about stringing together all the little things."

Community Mentor | HelpLINK Access | LiveHelp Access | Forum Moderator

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Don't Want to Give Oral - May 16th 2014, 11:46 AM

I'd be open to the idea of oral, but I just wanted to say that it is OKAY if you don't want to give it. It all comes down to personal preference, and he should be able to accept your decision and not push you.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: Don't Want to Give Oral - May 16th 2014, 12:38 PM

Everyone has said it, you don't have to do it if you don't want to. As long as you find yourself a nice guy who respects you, he will understand. Sure, most guys like it, but some don't. So don't let yourself worry about it.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Don't Want to Give Oral - May 17th 2014, 12:25 AM

I feel like communication is key, you don't necessarily need to make it a big heart to heart even, just the ability to be like "not right now" is huge, and you can just say that like you'd like to get more comfortable first, lots of people get uncomfortable by things like oral and that's ok. If you think "maybe someday" make sure that is clear, say "its not off the table entirely, but for now it is" and that you will indicate when is a good time.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Strummer Offline
Average Joe

Re: Don't Want to Give Oral - May 17th 2014, 11:06 PM

You say you haven't been in a sexual relationship. A lot can change if you find Mr. Right. Here, you are mentioning oral sex, but there are a variety of ways to be sexual with someone. Ask yourself how you feel about vaginal and anal intercourse. Otherwise, there are a lot of guys that find a well-done, slow handjob to be the ultimate.

Closed Thread