TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

this isn't normal...? - May 13th 2015, 03:52 AM

warning:: awkward stuff discussed. it's embarrassing enough to post about it, but it's gotten to the point where i need another opinion.. so i'm just gonna be straightforward with this, please don't judge.

so over the past few weeks, i've noticed that whenever i fingered myself, there was light pinkish discharge left on my finger.
i've found that the stuff doesn't really come out into my underwear (but there are some stains but they seem colorless??)

just today i found a small bump in the back, just under my cervix. it doesn't hurt or anything, but it's definitely new, so i'm not sure if that's why i'm getting the pink, unhealthy looking stuff??

there have also been some foul smells, but they come and go.

the colored discharge started after my period ended last month, so i thought it was just getting the last of it out... but now my period is about to start again and it's still here??

is this an infection? a cyst??
i really don't want to have to talk to my mom about this. i mean, it's awkward enough having something wrong with your vagina, but to admit that my finger found the problem up there... well, you know.
plus, my mom and i aren't really doing good these days, so i don't need more problems to deal with, with her.

and i can't see a doctor without telling her.. should i just wait it out??

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#2 (permalink)) Old
NatureFantasy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: this isn't normal...? - May 14th 2015, 12:11 AM

If you have a lump you MUST get it seen by a doctor. The sooner the better. I grew up having a rough relationship with my parents myself, so I know what it's like. But compare the risk of telling her you need to see the doctor with the risk of something serious being wrong with you and you not getting it treated early.

Also, in my experience with my family, relationships didn't get better in a day or two, it took time. If you do have something wrong with you, waiting may put you in more danger. You'll have to get that lump looked at eventually and it's better to do it sooner better than later.

Don't stress yourself wondering about it and about how you'll tell your mom. Instead, get it out of the way early. Also, think of it as good practice for when you'll have to tell your parents other uncomfortable things later down the road.

I know it can be scary. But I also know that you are brave, and tough enough to handle it. Facing your problems will make you feel better, about both your situation and yourself.

If things get too rough, I'm here for you. I've been through it before. Feel free to PM me, always.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Bluetears Offline
Blue
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: this isn't normal...? - May 14th 2015, 07:28 AM

Hey

Please, for your own safety, tell your mom or dad about this and get it checked out as soon as you can. It could be something really dangerous later on and should be checked out and caught as soon as possible.

I know it might be scary and awkward to tell your parents about this, especially when having relationship problems with them. But, maybe while talking to them, say at some point you are telling them this because you trust them. Pull them to the side when they aren't busy with anything and say you have something very important to tell them. Maybe you can plot out what you can say on paper before hand?

Good luck

"Remember your loved and you always will be. This melody will bring you right back home." - Linkin park, The messenger. Stay strong everyone!! You are always strong enough to get through whatever life throws your way, no matter how hard it may seem.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
WildHeart98 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rosie

Re: this isn't normal...? - May 14th 2015, 02:44 PM

Go and see a doctor as soon as you can if it's a new lump. Legally you are entitled to medical help at any age and so you can go to the doctors alone or maybe bring a friend for moral support if that helps. I had a similar problem to yours a while ago when I needed birth control pills (not for sex but for regulating hormones and periods) and I took a friend with me because my mum is a hardcore Catholic who is under the impression that me taking birth control pills means that I am going out and having sex behind her back.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: this isn't normal...? - May 15th 2015, 05:17 AM

i still haven't told my mom, because honestly i've been really side-tracked with other things.

but today i checked and the lump is gone, so that's good. the discharge seems to be back to normal as well (although there are still just a few hints of pink now, but that's better than all pink).
there's no foul smells either...

could it possibly be stress? i know that stress has a really big effect on periods, so could my worries and everything be messing up stuff down there??
i mean, i've been so worried and stressed about things going on in my life these days that i've been getting butterflies in my stomach while i sleep and i'm fidgeting a lot in my sleep (which doesn't result in getting a lot of rest, because i still feel half-awake when i move around so much.)
i've been going through phases of not eating at all to never taking a break from eating.
a lot has been going on lately, so i'm kinda thinking that maybe that has to do with the weird stuff?

should i still get it checked out, even if all seems normal??

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Bluetears Offline
Blue
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: this isn't normal...? - May 15th 2015, 06:05 AM

Stress might've been the cause of it, though I'd still get things checked out just in case

"Remember your loved and you always will be. This melody will bring you right back home." - Linkin park, The messenger. Stay strong everyone!! You are always strong enough to get through whatever life throws your way, no matter how hard it may seem.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: this isn't normal...? - May 15th 2015, 10:35 AM

That doesn't sound great love - even if the lump is gone, the discharge doesn't sound healthy.

You don't have to tell your mum - I totally understand, I've never had the best relationship with mine. But you're 16 - I'm pretty sure you can legally visit the doctor yourself. Even if you need her to make the appointment, or can't go without her knowing, you could just make up another excuse she doesn't need to know about. But I would really talk to a doctor about this as soon as possible - it'll help put your mind at ease!

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: this isn't normal...? - May 25th 2015, 04:36 AM

So after having another period, the discharge went clear/white like usual.
However, I started fingering myself to test it and I think the cause might be fingering too hard?
My nails aren't very long, but sometimes I can hear/feel my finger kinda scratching the inner walls? If that makes sense..
But I don't know. I've never had this problem before...

Still haven't gone to the doctor. Now that I've narrowed it down to fingering, there's no way I can talk to my mom or a doctor about this.

Closed Thread