TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Went unprotected....? - August 18th 2015, 02:02 AM

Accidentally posted on the wrong board, sorry. for the first time.... I've always used condoms with my boyfriend. We decided we would just try putting his member in me 3 times and we never did it again because we go so nervous. No ejaculation and no physical precum that we saw. Anyway, I am supposed to be getting my period soon, but now I don't know if my soon to be period is going to change to implantation now or what. WE ARE FAR TOO YOUNG to be getting children. We are both freaking out. This was only a few days ago though. My breasts are tender, I get cramping a lot, I've felt my temperature rise. Any ideas if this could result in a pregnancy? I know... we took a risk.

Last edited by Spoons; August 18th 2015 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Moved this to the right forum! :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Moyshi Offline
i am jack's smirking revenge
I've been here a while

Re: Went unprotected....? - August 18th 2015, 02:43 AM

Hey there,

From what you've described, it sounds like there is an extremely small chance that you would be pregnant. First off, there was no ejaculation, which needs to happen in order for pregnancy to occur. The chances become even lower when you mention there was no pre-ejaculate that you saw. Pre-ejaculate may or may not contain small amounts of sperm, so of course, when unprotected, there is always a chance of pregnancy, but in this situation, I wouldn't be too worried.

Stress can cause your period to come late, so although easier said than done, try to distract yourself and find a healthy way to deal with the stress. Many people who have pregnancy scares start to find themselves thinking about all the pregnancy symptoms and then begin to feel like they're experiencing them. This is pretty normal. However, many of the symptoms you've described may also be from your body preparing for menstruation. If your period is late or if it has been 14 days after you had sex, you can take a pregnancy test to give yourself a peace of mind. By 14 days your body will have been able to produce enough hCG (the pregnancy hormone) in order to provide accurate test results.

In the future, I would recommend you continue to use protection as you have been previously doing. It may also be a good idea to use a second form of birth control, such as condoms and the pill. This way, you have a back up, just in case. You can discuss with your doctor what options are best for you. And as you probably already know, condoms do protect against the spread of STI's.

I hope this has helped a bit. To sum it all up, I don't think there's a high risk of pregnancy in this situation. Try to find a healthy way to help you get through this stressful time. And you can learn from this experience by making sure you don't put yourself in a risky situation when it comes to sex in the future. Good luck with everything!

Take care. :]

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MermaidMassacre Offline
Finding beauty in darkness.
I've been here a while

Name: Bridget

Re: Went unprotected....? - August 26th 2015, 10:38 PM

I think you worrying about it and over thinking it is going to cause those "symptoms" to appear. Since a lot of people who worry they are pregnant end up stressing themselves out so much that their period ends up postponed.

It's very unlikely you are pregnant. Especially if it was only three times. I'm sure you are fine. Just be more careful in the future. Don't go unprotected/without a condom unless you are on another form of birth control as well.

I'll do whatever it takes to be the mistake you can't live without.
  Send a message via AIM to MermaidMassacre Send a message via MSN to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Yahoo to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Skype™ to MermaidMassacre 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: Went unprotected....? - August 27th 2015, 02:50 AM

We can close this topic. I did get my monthly period.. thank you all. We did just have scare though. We definitely won't be doing it anymore without protection.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Went unprotected....? - August 27th 2015, 04:45 PM

Do you have a secondary method of birth control like the Nova ring, pill, IUD etc? Cause if not, you should get it. I am allergic to latex, so it ends up being cheaper for me to rely on my Nuva Ring because the non-latex condoms are about twice as much as normal condoms and since I am in a super serious monogamous relationship it works. . If you're on birth control, it's like 98% effective and usually more reliable than condoms by 1-2% AND don't get messed up by human error as easily (unless you miss a pile of pills, but that's why I'm a fan of the Nuva Ring). Any ho I just thought I'd through that t there before this gets closed so that you can avoid the stress later on

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Went unprotected....? - August 27th 2015, 05:21 PM

Closed upon OP's request.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

Closed Thread