TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20

can't please my boyfriend? :/ - October 27th 2015, 05:32 AM

hey..

my boyfriend and i have been dating for a week now and we've already done some extremely sexual things. pretty much everything except for actual sex.
i know it's super early, but honestly i don't know what to do about that... it's not like i can really just say "no more of that" after we've already started doing oral so.. :/ but that's a completely different issue.

my issue here is that neither of us have been able to make each other orgasm yet.
of course, he's got such a high ego that he thinks i'm lying when i say i haven't ever orgasmed with him. (he seems to think moaning = definite orgasm... which isn't the case, buddy. )

so now he thinks that he's made me cum so many times and that he's gotten nothing, when in reality, we both just suck.

i don't know how to do any better though... i didn't really want to rush this much in the relationship in the first place, but instinct kind of takes over. a lot of people have told me to dump him, at first, because they said he's just horny. but maybe i'm just horny too. xD
i mean, he respects that i don't want to have full sex yet. i don't really see a problem with just oral and all that if we're both virgins and both clean. it's just fun, right?

and like i said, it's kind of hard to all of a sudden tell him no after we've already gone that far.

but anyways... i know it's kind of a graphic and probably bad thing to ask on TH but is there any advice i can do to please my dude? i feel like a loser to be honest... i mean, making guys orgasm is supposed to be easier than with women.. but we both know our own bodies better and every time we fool around, i have to go home and finish the job myself.

this is my second time failing with him, and it's just discouraging me even more. like i don't want to give him oral anymore.. i'm just scared of disappointing him again. :/
and he always supports me afterward and says, "as long as you had fun." but like.. he was telling me how he walked in on a guy giving some guy head in the bathroom one day, and he was like, "at least he made him finish.." like he brings it up a lot. just makes me feel worse.

please help me not be a sucky girlfriend. this is my first time with this shit. xD
(sorry if this is bad to post... i hope i didn't make it too detailed. :S and obviously i don't expect y'all to flat out describe how to suck dick, i just need advice more for working it out and... any subtle tips i guess, to help.)

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
RadioSerenade Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: The Limelighter

Points: 11,724, Level: 15 Points: 11,724, Level: 15 Points: 11,724, Level: 15

Re: can't please my boyfriend? :/ - October 30th 2015, 01:37 AM

I decided this morning that I was going to start answering a couple of questions rather than posting them and I can safely say, this is not the sort of question I expected to answer! Regardless, there is nothing embarrassing or wrong about it, I mean this is the Sex and Puberty Forum of the site, and is so for a good reason. You have provided an admirable volume of valour and clarity and I shall return with a corresponding level of value in my response .

The first thing I want to say, is that you have every ounce of permission to turn back sex or scale back your depth of your sexual relationship, so there is no question that you have every right to proclaim that you don't want to go too fast, if that's the way you feel. It takes.... seven words LOL, I can count after all . Anyways, that's the first thing.

The second thing you have to remember is that these things take time, learning sex does take some time. The most important thing when you're having sex is that you trust and that you love the person on the other end, because sex is an act of love. In that regard, your propensity to reach an orgasm, and certainly to get your boyfriend to the point of orgasm is not indicative of the nature and value of your relationship NOR your value as a woman. You HAVE to remember that. As far as HOW to learn sex, WOW you cannot ask a person further from the veins of that answer than myself.

The third and final thing I will remind you of, is to be careful during your sexual encounters. You have done well to set boundaries for yourself and your boyfriend has done the same, but make sure that, in the pressure that I have picked up that you are feeling to please your boyfriend, you don't step out of your own comfort zone.

I recommend you have an honest and open conversation about sex with your boyfriend and I cannot completely comment on the proposition of breaking up, but if your boyfriend pressurises you in sexuality, even inadvertently, then it might be for the best to speak to him about how you are feeling and/or consider your relationship together. It depends on your individual feelings but sit him down and have a chat about it. Author, George Saunders, married his now wife in three weeks and while I BY NO MEANS recommend you consider the same path, it doesn't make the relationship any less integral..... any less harbouring of integrity..... any less... Ugh. No, not ugh, but ugh as in me. Ugh as in mugh .

Anyways, the most important part in that declaration was that you do not let this define your value as a woman or as a person. Because you're beautiful regardless of whether your boyfriend reaches orgasm as a result of that beauty.

02425950695064738395657479136519351798334535362521 43003540126026771622672160419810652263169355188780 38814483140652526168785095552646051071172000997092 91249544378887496062882911725063001303622934916080 25459461494578871427832350829242102091825896753560 43086993801689249889268099510169055919951195027887 17830837018340236474548882222161573228010132974509 27344594504343300901096928025352751833289884461508 94042482650181938515625357963996189939679054966380 03222348723967018485186439059104575627262464195387

Last edited by RadioSerenade; October 30th 2015 at 03:44 AM. Reason: You can't marry a fiance!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20

Re: can't please my boyfriend? :/ - October 30th 2015, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioSerenade View Post
I decided this morning that I was going to start answering a couple of questions rather than posting them and I can safely say, this is not the sort of question I expected to answer! Regardless, there is nothing embarrassing or wrong about it, I mean this is the Sex and Puberty Forum of the site, and is so for a good reason. You have provided an admirable volume of valour and clarity and I shall return with a corresponding level of value in my response .

xD yeah, i know it's kind of an awkward question... just, it had to be asked. i really need help lol and online is the only place i can go for help.

Quote:
The first thing I want to say, is that you have every ounce of permission to turn back sex or scale back your depth of your sexual relationship, so there is no question that you have every right to proclaim that you don't want to go too fast, if that's the way you feel. It takes.... seven words LOL, I can count after all . Anyways, that's the first thing.

do you have any advice on how to bring this up with him? or how to say it?

like i said, i think i'm fine with the way things are now... i mean, i don't see anything wrong with what we're doing. it is really fast for the relationship, but it's fun and all so..

my biggest concern about this, however, is not that i think it's wrong to do this so early in the relationship... but that i'm terrified that it's going to make the relationship all about sex.
is there any way i can prevent that from happening? we spend plenty of time together not doing sexual things. but a lot of times even when we're talking, he randomly kisses me or touches me (not anywhere private, just like on my side or something.) i'm comfortable with him doing this, but i just want to make sure that the relationship isn't all about being physical, you know?
if that makes sense... :S

Quote:
The second thing you have to remember is that these things take time, learning sex does take some time. The most important thing when you're having sex is that you trust and that you love the person on the other end, because sex is an act of love. In that regard, your propensity to reach an orgasm, and certainly to get your boyfriend to the point of orgasm is not indicative of the nature and value of your relationship NOR your value as a woman. You HAVE to remember that. As far as HOW to learn sex, WOW you cannot ask a person further from the veins of that answer than myself.

The third and final thing I will remind you of, is to be careful during your sexual encounters. You have done well to set boundaries for yourself and your boyfriend has done the same, but make sure that, in the pressure that I have picked up that you are feeling to please your boyfriend, you don't step out of your own comfort zone.

haha awwh.. i know. it just makes me feel really down on myself to know i can't please him to that extent.
but thanks, i'll definitely keep that in mind.

Quote:
I recommend you have an honest and open conversation about sex with your boyfriend and I cannot completely comment on the proposition of breaking up, but if your boyfriend pressurizes you in sexuality, even inadvertently, then it might be for the best to speak to him about how you are feeling and/or consider your relationship together. It depends on your individual feelings but sit him down and have a chat about it. Author, George Saunders, married his now wife in three weeks and while I BY NO MEANS recommend you consider the same path, it doesn't make the relationship any less integral..... any less harboring of integrity..... any less... Ugh. No, not ugh, but ugh as in me. Ugh as in mugh .

Anyways, the most important part in that declaration was that you do not let this define your value as a woman or as a person. Because you're beautiful regardless of whether your boyfriend reaches orgasm as a result of that beauty.

lmao "mugh" xD

i will for sure think about that, and we've already talked briefly about sex. he said he doesn't want to have sex until his mom meets me, and i said i didn't want to until we were together for a much longer while than just two weeks.
but if the need for the conversation comes up again, then i'll talk to him about it.

thanks so much for the advice! i'm so glad someone finally responded, i was just thinking, "oh my god, maybe i'm such a loser that no one can help me. D': "

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25

Re: can't please my boyfriend? :/ - October 30th 2015, 12:44 PM

Sex doesn't need to be all about orgasm- sure they feel good, but all of the stuff before that can be equally as good. It can take time before you can work out what actually makes you both orgasm. What will make one guy orgasm is different to another and the same for you. Not all guys come from head, not all girls will come from fingering. Everyone is different, seriously. As mentioned above communication is really really important, but so is...instruction. Show him what makes you feel good, and ask him to do the same. No one is going to be perfect, sex is is awkward, messy and human. But with time and patience, it's likely you'll get there. This isn't a "problem", more like a work in progress

Take as long as you need.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: can't please my boyfriend? :/ - October 31st 2015, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglidash View Post
Sex doesn't need to be all about orgasm- sure they feel good, but all of the stuff before that can be equally as good. It can take time before you can work out what actually makes you both orgasm. What will make one guy orgasm is different to another and the same for you. Not all guys come from head, not all girls will come from fingering. Everyone is different, seriously. As mentioned above communication is really really important, but so is...instruction. Show him what makes you feel good, and ask him to do the same. No one is going to be perfect, sex is is awkward, messy and human. But with time and patience, it's likely you'll get there. This isn't a "problem", more like a work in progress

This, it can take time to figure it out. And, there are some boys that don't orgasm from blow jobs. I've given my boyfriend a number of blow jobs and I only ever got him to orgasm once. It was nice to do but just because he didn't orgasm every time doesn't mean that we didn't enjoy trying. The same goes for oral sex with me. I've yet to reach orgasm (I think a lot of it has to due with my medication) but I have come close at least once or twice.

Things like this take time. You both have to figure one another out and all of that.

You asked about ways to make sure the relationship isn't all about sex. The only way I can think of to work on this is by talking to him about your concerns. If you are content with the way things are then you can keep doing them but if you ever feel like you are spending more time being sexual then you are being a couple let him know. The only way you can work on things like this is if you open up about it.
Closed Thread