TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MD2017 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Sypmtoms after losing virginity - February 7th 2016, 01:14 AM

So on 19th of January my girlfriend and I had sex for the first time and lost our virginity. We used a condom and I pulled out immediately after I came. This was about a week after her period ended. At first I had trouble getting inside of her, could that have messed up the condom, because I saw no visible problems with the condom afterwards and it was spermicide lubricated. I only ask because last week she started feeling nausea and it progressed to that plus fatigue and she thinks her breasts might possibly be enlarged but she isn't sure. However she was stressed before we even had sex because she was afraid of getting caught and even more stressed that she might be pregnant immediatley after sex. So could she be pregnant? Btw, her period is due either this week or next week.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Sypmtoms after losing virginity - February 7th 2016, 02:22 AM

Firstly, I am not a doctor. But I do not think she has anything to worry about if the condom looked intact after intercourse. Also, a little bit of trouble at first penetration is pretty normal. Sometimes women just need more lubrication.

Also, given it's only been about 2.5 weeks since intercourse, she would very likely not represent any symptoms of pregnancy yet. But again, I do not think you have cause for worry. If you are both concerned, you will have to wait until her possibly missed period and taking a test. Though some tests are capable of testing up to 5 days before a missed period. So you could possibly look into a pregnancy test now if you wanted. Then testing again in another week or two since you are unsure of her actual start date.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Sypmtoms after losing virginity - February 7th 2016, 02:23 AM

Could she be pregnant? Well, yes because you had sex and the risk isn't 0, now don't panic, she probably isn't pregnant. Statistically speaking, condoms and spermicide, with no visible problems makes it unlikely (about 1% chance). She's most likely getting worked up and causing nausea. The stress can also cause her period to be delayed. That said, if she's so worried, she can go to a pharmacy, buy a pregnancy test and try it 14 days after the incident to just clear the air. Buying a pregnancy test isn't a big deal, I keep one under my sink just because I can. Cashiers and pharmacists won't really make a big deal out of it - after all, they don't know you're worried about an unwanted pregnancy unless you tell them. If she can't take it at home, she should go to a public washroom at Tim Horton's of the mall or something or she can go to a friends. Like I said, based on what you're telling me, it sounds like she's getting worked up and the stress is causing symptoms, not pregnancy

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Garyl Offline
What's next, little man?

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Eli

Re: Sypmtoms after losing virginity - February 7th 2016, 06:16 AM

It's unlikely that your girlfriend would be experiencing symptoms of pregnancy this quickly. Stress can also delay a woman's period. If the condom looked intact after you had sex than it's probably alright, but just in case you can go to a pharmacy and take a pregnancy test. They are relatively inexpensive and if it's been at least fourteen days since you had sex you should have an accurate result, although if you would like to be absolute certain of the result you can wait until she's missed her period (again, though, keep in mind that stress can delay her period).

It's great that you guys were prepared and used a condom. However, in the future I recommend if you are going to continue to have intercourse that you use another method of contraception in addition to using condoms. This will further decrease the chances of pregnancy than if you use condoms alone, which, even with a perfect use rate, are less reliable than say, the pill, or another form of birth control. See if your girlfriend can get an appointment with her family doctor or at a clinic. While it can be hard to bring up the topic of sex with a doctor, it's far better to do so than to experience an unplanned pregnancy.

Let's eat some spectral oats!
  Send a message via Yahoo to Garyl  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
MD2017 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Sypmtoms after losing virginity - February 7th 2016, 08:22 PM

Thank you so much guys, I feel a bit better now but I guess we just have to wait and see about her period. Is there a specific pregnancy test brand to get or does it matter?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Sypmtoms after losing virginity - February 7th 2016, 09:16 PM

There hasn't really been any one brand to be proven better over others. If you want to test before her missed period, I'd recommend First Response. They have a very sensitive test.

If you are worried about the cost, Walmart and Dollar Tree or The Dollar Store both have a .88 - $1 test that is usually considered as reliable AFTER a missed period as the name brand tests. I have known many people to use the $1 tests and they have never given a false positive and have detected pregnancies a week after a delayed period in several friends.

The Walmart one is called First Signal. The Dollar Store one is called New Choice. The Walmart one is often out of stock, so if you can find it ahead of time, I suggest buying it when you see it. I'd recommend buying 2-3 tests.

2 in case one has an error
An extra one in case you are extra paranoid and want to test again in another week.

Closed Thread