TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mehrunes Dagon Offline
Daedric Prince
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jo

How to regulate frequency of masturbation? - August 9th 2016, 12:32 AM

I'm quite embarassed to ask this question, but I've had this problem since I was 14. At least 3 times a day, I submit to my urge to masturbate. If I put in no effort toward resisting these urges, I'd engage in it likely 5 times a day (which I do sometimes). And these aren't dismissible, every time I develop an urge, it is absolutely unwavering. It has resulted in me having to satisfy them during school (sometimes twice in one day), at stores, at church (regretfully), and other innapropriate places. In the past few months I've decided I'll attempt to curb this, and each time I never made it a full 24 hours. I was making progress by only doing it once a day, but now I've receded into my initial practice of 3-5. If anyone knows what I can do to divert my attention, strengthen my resolve, or assist in any other aspect, please do.

Thank you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Svetlanavolkova Offline
Svetlana Volkova
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Svetlana Volkova

Re: How to regulate frequency of masturbation? - August 9th 2016, 03:58 AM

Maybe you could play your guitar (if you're at home) or you could try to lower the amount of times you masturbate, like instead of 5 times, you can try 4 for a week and try to go from there :3 don't worry I'm sure you'll get better replies

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SirJordan Offline
Twitter: @sirjordanhardy
Average Joe

Name: Jordan

Re: How to regulate frequency of masturbation? - August 9th 2016, 04:09 AM

It's completely natural, is still jack off a few times a day. I've done it in all sorts of innapropriate places. It's part of being a teenage boy I'm afraid. I've been told that the urge will go away as we get older.

"Carefree, wherever we may be. We are the famous CFC" - Chelsea Football Club
  Send a message via Yahoo to SirJordan  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
"Now don't lose your fight kid
Not a n00b

Name: Destiny/Alex(ander)

Re: How to regulate frequency of masturbation? - August 9th 2016, 04:15 AM

I have that problem. What I usually do is just hang around my mom and staep dad. It usually helps for me. Maybe it will for you?

Keep holding on. xXrawrXx
  Send a message via Yahoo to beautiful_mystery Send a message via Skype™ to beautiful_mystery 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: How to regulate frequency of masturbation? - August 9th 2016, 04:23 AM

How about listening to music or something. That distracts me.
Another thing you can try is jacking off once, whenever. And then tell yourself you cant. Disable adult content on your browser. That should help.
Also remember, your hormonal mate. Once those settle down it gets easier.
If you like, talking to a counsellor might help.

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
JazzyJazz Offline
Associate HelpLINK Mentor
Regular TeenHelper

Re: How to regulate frequency of masturbation? - August 9th 2016, 04:38 AM

Some people have a higher libido than others. If you were in a relationship and living with a girl, you'd probably be someone that wanted to have sex multiple times a day. I've known guys who are like that.

The reality is that men are evolutionarily programmed to think about sex a lot in order to ensure the survival of mankind (through the production of offspring).

I think the best thing you can do whilst you're finding the urges too strong to resist, is do what men with a high sex drive have to do and that's keep busy. If you're distracted with other things, hopefully your mind will be less likely to wander back to your penis.

As for what these things might be, I would suggest doing more physical activities, such as sports or even stuff like housework, rather than almost entirely mental things like sitting in front of a computer or reading a book. If your body is involved in other things, your mind will be busy coordinating both your thoughts and your movements, and will be less likely to wander. I think it would prove quite difficult to masturbate whilst in the middle of a game of tennis, for example.

It does take determination of course. (The fact that you were willing to masturbate in a place of worship shows just how strong your urges are.) But practice does make perfect. You need to retrain your mind so that the urge to masturbate doesn't lead to the act of masturbation. Every time you are able to direct your attention to something else, you will be forging new neural pathways in your brain. Over time, these pathways will become more entrenched and you will find it easier to resist those urges. Eventually, you will be able to ignore them at any time, regardless of whether you are involved in a physical activity or not.

I think Merideth makes a good point about cutting down gradually. The progress will be slow and it may seem like you aren't getting anywhere. Persistence is key here, as is being realistic. You can't expect to go from up to 5 times a day, to none at all. And to be honest, there's no need to do that anyway. Masturbation is perfectly healthy but, if it's getting in the way of other things, I can understand you wanting to reduce the frequency.

Be kind to yourself.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
crystalpanda Offline
your worth it
Not a n00b

Name: crystal

Re: How to regulate frequency of masturbation? - August 11th 2016, 04:46 PM

slowly try masturbating a bit less each week, keep yourself and your hands occupied, play guitar, draw, colour, write, do arts and crafts.

don't give up on it.

your hormonal, it will get better, sometimes I do multiple times a day too so I try keep myself busy. that is key

Closed Thread