TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alexa

(Small) Boob size? - October 23rd 2016, 10:39 PM

I'm 14 (I'll be 15 early next year) and I wear an A cup bra (or a small B). Most of my friends (even those who are younger than me) have bigger breasts than me and I'm pretty self-conscious about it.
I'm not sure if this is related, but I sort of hit puberty late. I think I started getting acne when I was 10 or 11 and started getting hair on my body a little before then, but I didn't need a bra at all until I was 12. I just got my period for the first time in February (after I turned 14) so I'm hoping that maybe I just am not that far into puberty and my breasts will grow more soon? Is this something anyone else has experienced?
Also, my mom has fairly large breasts. She wears a high size C. Do girls usually end up with the same size boobs as their moms?

Thank you!

Last edited by chocolateandmagic; October 25th 2016 at 12:01 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: (Small) Boob size? - October 23rd 2016, 11:38 PM

Hey there and welcome It's perfectly normal for girls to hit puberty, get their periods etc. at different ages. A quick Google search tells me that your breasts will grow for up to 2 years after you get your period, so they could easily get bigger. Size is determined by hormones, genetics, and weight. Having children tends to make them larger, so you might not end up with the same size as your mom, but your genetics will play a part in how big they grow.

This isn't something I have personal experience with, but it's okay to be self-conscious. I can guarantee you aren't the only one who isn't comfortable with your body. I'd say most people have something about their body they're uncomfortable with.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: (Small) Boob size? - October 23rd 2016, 11:47 PM

My breasts grew much past age 14, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Genetics play a role, but it wouldn't just be your mother's size. Your genetics on your father's side also contribute, so if people m on your father's side of the family tend to have larger breasts, then you might too. However, I do want to remind you that people also vary a lot and it's okay to not have large breasts. First, there's benefits to not. Your back won't hurt, and they don't sag as much longterm. And second, don't worry about future partner preferences. People like breasts of all sizes, and if that's your concern, I can promise you that a partner worth dating wouldn't ever care.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: (Small) Boob size? - October 24th 2016, 04:17 PM

Your breasts can keep growing, but alas, family genetics don't always indicate much - my mom is an A and I'm a DD, so look at that for extremes.

You might just have small boobs and there is nothing wrong with that. They might get bigger - boobs can grow as late as 18-20 years old - but once you're through puberty, it's unlikely they'll double in size or something, so you're probably better of embracing what you have now instead of hoping for bigger bigger bigger because you'll be happy trying to find security with what you've got.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alexa

Re: (Small) Boob size? - October 25th 2016, 12:00 AM

Thanks for the help/advice everybody! That helped.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: (Small) Boob size? - October 25th 2016, 05:19 PM

Hi Alexa,

You're still at a very young age. Your body is still changing and your breasts will go larger in size. Don't feel down if your breasts don't grow large though. I have large breasts and I have so many health issues because of it.

I have a really bad back and I'm almost always in pain because of them. I also have pains in my shoulders and neck. There are "folds" under the breasts that cause a lot more sweat then usual, and sometimes the sweat can smell bad. Some people experience rashes or other skin problems around the breasts. They also stretch your skin a lot so if you end up losing weight, which sometimes ends in losing a bit of size in your breasts, you'll having some extra skin left there.

I have considered getting a breast reduction that is covered by my OHIP since it's causing medical issues, but I haven't fully decided yet. My mom doesn't have overly large breasts. She is also a C cup. I am a DD so mine are a lot larger then hers.

I hope this helps a bit!
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#7 (permalink)) Old
undia Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: (Small) Boob size? - October 29th 2016, 05:33 PM

When I comes to boob size most people won't care. A lot of outfits and styles of fashion need a smaller boob size to look good. This is coming from someone with dd cups so I know how frustrating it is to look at a lot of grunge fashion and be annoyed because they all have smaller boobs. There is nothing wrong with a cups, you just need to learn to rock it! You might get bigger, but personally you should be grateful that you don't get all the disadvantages of larger boobs. I'm sure you are beautiful no matter what size you are

(#8 (permalink)) Old
NATUREGIRL Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ANGELA - ANGIE

Re: (Small) Boob size? - October 30th 2016, 02:11 PM

Hello Alexa am new here, this is my first post
I just turned 16 and am 32A, I dont want to be any bigger than a "C" my mum and aunts are also small breasted, they were also late bloomers as was I didnt start puberty until 13, but it dont bother me am happy with my body

HELLO EVERYONE I AM ANGELA - ANGIE TO MY FRIENDS I AM 16 AND I AM A GAY/LEZ GIRL LOOKING TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS.
***** SMOOTH IS BEST *****

Closed Thread