TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
J Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,950, Level: 9 Points: 3,950, Level: 9 Points: 3,950, Level: 9

I really like an online friend but unsure of how/when to ask her to be my girlfriend - December 25th 2016, 06:26 AM

This thread has been labeled as non-PG13 by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for younger users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have only known her for a little over a month but it has been the best part of this entire year and I know I will mainly remember 2016 as the year that I met her. She is just really awesome, we have fun together and she actually cares about me unlike almost everyone else I've ever met. I am pretty sure now that she is my soulmate that I have been looking for. Almost every night we have spent 5-8 hours just playing and talking together.

We both recently got out of other online relationships so I at least know she isn't the type to reject me. Sometimes it feels like we are already a couple, but other times it doesn't. We have both referred to each other as boyfriend/girlfriend when talking to other people but of course we weren't being serious really. Sometimes she talks about the physical qualities of men that she likes and she basically describes me but I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a hint cause she doesn't make it sound like one. We did have a conversation about sex and how it would really make her happy to have it with me which made me feel like she was really interested in me. She also asked specifically what I wanted and what I would do to her. We also talked about meeting one day and she said she might come in the next few months but there are no real plans yet.

One reason I really want to establish a relationship is cause she keeps telling me whenever some other guy asks her out which is usually once a day. I want to claim her as soon as possible before someone else does, even though I don't think she would want any of them anyways. Also she gets extremely jealous when I talk to other girls but I think she is just pretending sometimes. I just don't know how to ask her and whenever I try to bring it up she gets really shy. A few days ago in a video chat I told her "you're mine" and she just blushed. It is really difficult for me to ask this online. I have read about online relationships getting ruined by asking but like I said I just want to claim her cause I know I will regret not doing it.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Points: 8,431, Level: 13 Points: 8,431, Level: 13 Points: 8,431, Level: 13

Re: I really like an online friend but unsure of how/when to ask her to be my girlfriend - December 25th 2016, 07:14 AM

Hey there,

Honestly, it sounds like she's just as into you as you are into her! I'd say you should just go for it and ask her out, telling her how much you like her and that you'd like to be with her, but also making sure to say that you're okay with being her friend if she doesn't feel the same way. This ensures that no matter what her answer is, your online relationship will still be mostly maintained! I don't think you have anything to worry about, and I wish you good luck!

Let me know how it goes

Kyra
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
J Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,950, Level: 9 Points: 3,950, Level: 9 Points: 3,950, Level: 9

Re: I really like an online friend but unsure of how/when to ask her to be my girlfriend - December 26th 2016, 03:51 AM

Ok but I mean like, how do I ask her out since it isn't like asking someone you know in person? Like I can't take her out somewhere and then ask her. I can't think of any good ways to do it online.
Closed Thread