TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

awful pain in lower abs while using toy - December 30th 2016, 11:38 PM

yeah so, this is gonna get pretty detailed... no shame lmao, just be aware.

i've had a vibrator (the kind with the dildo part but also the clit stimulator) for probably 9 months now and i've never had a single problem with it.
but a few weeks ago i was using it while sexting this guy and he told me to put it in my ass which i did, just barely putting the tip in.
anyway, i know full well about the whole "don't switch from anal to vaginal cause bacteria" rule, and i had no plans to actually climax then (for some reason my libido has been pretty low lately.. could be due to my period coming up but idk.) but at that point i just felt the need to some i switched it back to vaginal.
stupid, i know.

now, my ass is clean, don't get me wrong. but later that day or the next morning (can't remember) my vagina started itching like crazy, along with this thick yellowish/white discharge.
i just recently got over two yeast infections in a row (one i had a UTI at the same time), which was due to unprotected sex and the Plan B pill i took afterwards. but after talking with my doctor, it seems like i've been getting yeast infections before almost every single period, and they've just cleared up on their own. apparently i'm super prone to them, and i don't know wtf to do about that but yeah.
so i wasn't sure if that's what this was, but i started putting some of the old yeast infection cream i had on it and it seems like it's better now.

but last night i was using my vibrator and i got this horrible pain in my lower abdomen. i think it most resembled cramps but i don't think i usually get them that far down. (it was closer to my vagina than my lower abdomen.)
it wasn't so bad i had to stop immediately, but i did have to quit earlier than usual, and it started after the third orgasm.

the pain lasted for the rest of the night, just not as intensely. and i can feel it a bit today but i'm not sure if it's just in my head or what. it's definitely not as bad as last night.

so i googled it, which is probably not the best idea but yeah, and immediately gonorrhea came up, which i know can cause infertility. fuck.

but i don't have any other symptoms besides the discharge, barely, and the pain.

so here's some info i've been thinking could be leading to this...
-i last had sex in october, with the only guy i've had consensual sex with. so if he did give me gonorrhea, that's kind of a long fucking time to have it, right? could i already be infertile after that long, if it is indeed the clap?

-my period is supposed to start in 11 days-ish, according to my app. when i first noticed the yeast infection like symptoms, it was 18 days, which i think is sometimes when i start to have PMS symptoms. so could these crampy pains just be for my period? usually i don't think i get cramps until a few days before, and they don't feel like regular period cramps.

-also, i've been working out my abs a TON lately, so could it somehow be due to this?

i already want to get tested for STDs again, so i'm going on tuesday. but until then, is there any conclusion you can come to, to maybe help ease my worries?

thanks for reading this long and incredibly TMI post.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Resource Editor

I can't get enough

Re: awful pain in lower abs while using toy - January 13th 2017, 02:58 AM

As for the yeast instead of constantly using yeast infection creams which your body might become used to it. I would recommend using a 1 cup of Epsom salts in bath water, sit in it for 15 minutes to 30 minutes once a week. This helps level your PH levels. This however doesn't help if you have a STI infection but it is helpful if you have a lot of yeast infections.

Did you end up getting tested for STIs? How did it go, did you find out the results yet? If you have gone already. STIs are treatable with medication or treatment but I wouldn't engage in any sexual activity until you have finished the medication or with partners as you can get re-infected. However if you don't have an STI I would recommend the Epsom salt one a week for maybe 2-3 weeks and then every other week, then once a month. If you notice yeast take a Epsom salt bath.

You might have been working your ab muscles too much and are feeling pain. During orgasm your body's muscles tighten and release, which may have pulled a muscle or a healing muscle. However, if your still in pain I would see a doctor as it could be something else.

When you use your toys do you wash them? Washing them prevents any infections and keeps your toys clean. It's recommended to wash your toys. When you do use your toys, do you use any lubrication? It might seem you have enough of your own lubrication but sometimes having a little extra will ensure your clitoris region to not get dry and then cause pain from too much friction.

I hope this is helpful and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Re: awful pain in lower abs while using toy - January 13th 2017, 06:03 AM

I will definitely try to find time to do the epsom salts, thanks!

and yes, i did get tested, again, even though my last test results (from after my last sex partner) all came back negative. though i should be at ease about my results, as literally nothing has changed in my sex life between the time the last test was taken and this current one (well, I had sex with a new partner the day before my current test was taken. which won't do me any good in identifying any STI's, if he had any. ugh.) i'm still pretty nervous about the results, as this time they tested for HIV as well, which is probably the most terrifying thing to think of happening to me.

i also have an ultrasound i need to get done soon, doctor's orders. i do think it's a bit unnecessary, because the pain, for the most part, went away after my period ended.

however, i did notice that after i had sex again with my new partner, there was a decent amount of cramping afterwards, even if i didn't touch myself after. i was still on my period when we had sex, so it could've pissed off my ovaries or something i guess?? and it was really rough, so i'm thinking maybe it has to do with the cervix being thrusted at too hard or something?
i don't know, but i do know i haven't felt that exact same, disturbing, deep abdomen pain probably since around the time i made this thread. so i think that was just period related.

ugh, i just don't know. it's just all so much to worry and stress about. i'm sorry for rambling and ranting but i just hate how it's like enough stress to have an active sex life, especially with a new partner. because along with that comes mistakes, like forgetting condoms, the condom breaking, etc. which causes me stress. and then the constant uncertainty of STDs. (for some reason i find it extremely difficult to trust STD testing. i just have this concern that they never test everything in one test. before i got tested through my doctor, i was tested at a free clinic, which i didn't trust the results at all. and now it feels like i just can't get tested enough because it's always bad timing.)
but what i'm getting at is it's hard enough to deal with all this shit, but then to still have to do it behind my parents' backs, and not have birth control or anything... ughhhhh.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Heathen Offline
Beauty and Bedlam
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: awful pain in lower abs while using toy - January 13th 2017, 06:06 AM

In addition to the Epsom salt baths I would suggest if your vaginal PH is that easily changeable you take some women's probiotics, or at the very least some cranberry supplements. That should help with your vaginal PH and with urinary tract health. I used to have a lot of problems with BV and taking probiotics/cranberry supplements really helped with that.

Is it possible you hit your cervix with your toy? Sometimes hitting the cervix can result in some lingering, cramp-like pain. Working on your abs a lot could also be the cause because your muscles tense when you orgasm and they might just be sore.

As for STIs, I think it's a good idea to get tested, especially if you had unprotected intercourse. If you have sex with multiple partners (or if you're not on any form of birth control) it's always a good idea to use condoms, as they are the only thing that prevents the spread of STIs. Try and get tested between every partner if possible.

Good luck and if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

The moon asked the crow
For a little show
In the hazy milk of twilight
No one had to know
The moon asked the crow...
  Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen  
Closed Thread