TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nessie2 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Uncut issue? - February 11th 2017, 08:38 PM

I'm a 14-year-old male, and I'm not sure if it matters or not, but I have Asperger's syndrome, as well. I'm uncut (and I would much prefer to stay uncut), and unfortunately, I don't think I ever was told to retract my foreskin and rinse under it, therefore my glans is extremely sensitive to the shower water.

I masturbate quite often, and I've only really noticed smegma on me once before, and I never really saw it again. However, sometimes I can note a bundle of whitish-clear fluid (not semen) at my tip when I pull the foreskin back over my head. This is making me quite nervous. Trying to expose my glans to the steaming shower water would likely be pain and torture to me. Though I do wash the area (just not the glans or inner skin) with water and a bar of soap.

What also concerns me is that I cannot fully retract my foreskin, either. I can retract it 2/5ths of the way, whether flaccid or hard, and it concerns me. I ease it down until it starts paining me, and then I just go from there.

Any advice? Once again, male advice would be preferred, even though I'm certain experienced enough women could answer this question.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Uncut issue? - February 12th 2017, 06:24 AM

Well first, maybe it would be easier for you if the shower wasn't so hot. If its so hot its torture, you've gone too far.
I tried WebMD, but just remember that it is NOT a real doctor. I narrowed down the things that had to do with sex because youre 14, and I just kind of assume you arent there yet. Are you sexually active though?
Minus those results, based off of what little I know, one of the possibilities was a boil. If thats true, its possible that there could be a boil under the part of the foreskin that you can't see. Its a possibility, but you should never trust WebMD with so much as a cold. You'll be in a perpetual panic attack.
I would check with a doctor though. It'll be embarrassing to tell your parents, but what are they gonna do, make fun of you? (I mean, I HOPE not) The idea is that if there is something wrong, you should catch it now before it turns into something more serious.
I think you'll be fine though. I had a "what the ****" moment at your age where my scrotum looked like it crystalized, but it turned out to be nothing.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SirJordan Offline
Twitter: @sirjordanhardy
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jordan

Re: Uncut issue? - February 12th 2017, 04:47 PM

I'd speak to your doctor if I were you. It will mean telling your parents but if you discreetly speak to your dad he will understand better than your mum. It's embarrassing as I had to tell my dad that I thought I'd found a lump down there once. We went to the doctors and it turned out it was all normal, however if left unchecked or untreated it could have been worse.

There is a lotion the Dr can give you which will help you to retract your foreskin. But keep pulling it back a couple of times a day regardless if you see a doctor or not. Don't do it to the point it hurts you, but eventually it will start to slide back further a further.

"Carefree, wherever we may be. We are the famous CFC" - Chelsea Football Club
  Send a message via Yahoo to SirJordan  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
TheGuyinCanada Offline
TeenHelp Sponsor

Average Joe

Re: Uncut issue? - February 13th 2017, 04:10 PM

I would recommend speaking to your doctor, and try washing your penis more often. It may hurt at first but its best to clean it well so no dirt can get there.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: Uncut issue? - February 13th 2017, 04:30 PM

The glans is normally sensitive. The foreskin is a mucus membrane, and its job is to keep the glans moist so that the sensitivity (and thus lots of pleasure in sex) is there. Washing off smegma is a matter of getting yourself used to the sensation slowly and gradually.

As for your foreskin not retracting all the way, that is something to see a doctor about, as others have said

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Resource Editor

I can't get enough

Re: Uncut issue? - February 13th 2017, 07:57 PM

Not properly washing your penis and under your foreskin will leave a smell, a foul one for that matter. It is good that you do wash in that region. However, it's important to pull your foreskin back and use at least water to wash.

As for the foreskin not going back, you can gradually try to pull it back and if it's too painful I would stop. When you do pull it back use some water to flush the area. Keep doing this throughout the day or at least twice a day, in the morning or before bed.

If you are really having difficulty I would recommend visiting a doctor who can examine you. They might tell you to gradually pull it back and over time it will fully pull back. This would take time. In some cases, the doctor would recommend other methods that I am not aware of myself.

When you are washing the area I wouldn't go for the soap that has a lot of perfume in it. Water usually is your best friend. Using a mild soap like Dove can be helpful or unscented. You could also get soap that is for sensitive skin. For the water temperature, I would recommend something that is lukewarm, not cold or hot.

So, every time you wash and pull the foreskin down (don't pull down to the point it hurts a lot, that isn't effective) use water to clear the area or the mild soap and make sure you rinse the area if you do use soap. Soap can irritate the area and that is not what you want.

Another thing you could try is run a warm bath (again not too hot) and put Epsom salts in the water and sit in the tub for maybe 10-15 minutes.

*Epsom salts isn't your regular salt, you can find Epsom salts at most drug stores and grocery stores.*

I do hope this is helpful and you start to feel better. I still recommend seeing a doctor about this.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread