TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NATUREGIRL Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ANGELA - ANGIE

HOME LASER HAIR REMOVER - February 18th 2017, 08:07 AM

Hiya All I was just wondering if anyone has used the home laser hair remover on their pubic hair? Or even if they know anyone that has? ? Is it painful etc? Can it be done by yourself or do you need somebody to help? I am always shaved smooth an am thinking it would be better done when smooth, Am going to see what I can fInd out on line, But to be honest I would take more notice of what I was told on from someone here.

Another thing I was told by someone That you could use sugar and water instead of wax to remove pubic hair. ?Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks XXXX

HELLO EVERYONE I AM ANGELA - ANGIE TO MY FRIENDS I AM 16 AND I AM A GAY/LEZ GIRL LOOKING TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS.
***** SMOOTH IS BEST *****

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Re: HOME LASER HAIR REMOVER - February 18th 2017, 01:38 PM

as a general rule I wouldn't trust using something with the word "laser" in its title to shave my pubic hair, or anywhere on my body. because it's a fuckin LASER

no but seriousy i don't know, I rarely even trim my pubic hair so I wouldn't know. But I'd be curious to know if it works so if you try it out keep us updated!!

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
NATUREGIRL Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: HOME LASER HAIR REMOVER - February 18th 2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
as a general rule I wouldn't trust using something with the word "laser" in its title to shave my pubic hair, or anywhere on my body. because it's a fuckin LASER

no but seriousy i don't know, I rarely even trim my pubic hair so I wouldn't know. But I'd be curious to know if it works so if you try it out keep us updated!!
Hiya Skye thanks Yea sure I will keep you all posted about it, Because that's what this forum is all about helping each other
XXX

HELLO EVERYONE I AM ANGELA - ANGIE TO MY FRIENDS I AM 16 AND I AM A GAY/LEZ GIRL LOOKING TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS.

Last edited by NATUREGIRL; February 18th 2017 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typo

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: HOME LASER HAIR REMOVER - February 18th 2017, 07:40 PM

I've never used a homemade sugar wax before but you can check out this this or this link which both have a recipe and explains how to make it.

As for the at home laser removal, you can check out this or this link which reviews some machines. I personally wouldn't want to do it myself and would rather pay a professional (medical professional who have been trained in it) to do it. Especially because of the area.
While I haven't had hair laser removed, my younger sister has. She is going every six weeks for a total of about 8 sessions (depending on how many she needs) because she got sick of waxing and wanted something more permanent because of dance. She also gets her underarms done. She says it's like flicking an elastic on your skin but sometimes hurts a little but more but it hurts a lot more if you wait too long before sessions. She and one of her friends takes a pain pill about 45 minutes before she goes though but her other two friends who go with her uses numbing cream beforehand (about 45-60 minutes before the appointment). You want to avoid doing it when you are on your period because it does make it hurt more (according to what I was told).

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
NATUREGIRL Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: HOME LASER HAIR REMOVER - February 19th 2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Querencia. View Post
I've never used a homemade sugar wax before but you can check out this this or this link which both have a recipe and explains how to make it.

As for the at home laser removal, you can check out this or this link which reviews some machines. I personally wouldn't want to do it myself and would rather pay a professional (medical professional who have been trained in it) to do it. Especially because of the area.
While I haven't had hair laser removed, my younger sister has. She is going every six weeks for a total of about 8 sessions (depending on how many she needs) because she got sick of waxing and wanted something more permanent because of dance. She also gets her underarms done. She says it's like flicking an elastic on your skin but sometimes hurts a little but more but it hurts a lot more if you wait too long before sessions. She and one of her friends takes a pain pill about 45 minutes before she goes though but her other two friends who go with her uses numbing cream beforehand (about 45-60 minutes before the appointment). You want to avoid doing it when you are on your period because it does make it hurt more (according to what I was told).
Hiya Thank you so much for all your advice and for the great links, and like you said it may be better going to a professional to have it done.
I will keep you posted.
XXXX

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: HOME LASER HAIR REMOVER - February 21st 2017, 04:55 PM

I have never used laser hair removal down there, however, I did have it on my eye brows several years ago. It was extremely painful. Even with a numbing cream it still hurt a lot. Anything that involves down there hurts, so I think that no matter what it will hurt.

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

Closed Thread