TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
heywanmichelin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation bleeding after sex - June 15th 2017, 03:30 PM

me and my significant other had sex today for the first time, and after i went home, i realized i bled a little bit an hour after. i am taking my first week of the pill, and my period has finished two days ago. i do not normally begin bleeding again after my period finished.
the first time we had sex, i did not bleed, however, both times i felt/feel sore.
despite being on the pill, we still used condoms for certainty.
why could i be bleeding? is this normal? could it be because it is my second, more intense time?
please help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: bleeding after sex - June 15th 2017, 07:06 PM

I bled the first few times I had sex. There were a few times when I didn't bleed and thought the issue resolved itself and then I bled again. Eventually the bleeding stopped and I haven't had a problem since. However, there was someone that told me that you aren't supposed to bleed when you have sex for the first time and so I went to the doctor. I basically wasted my time because the doctor said it does happen to some people but she did an exam and determined that everything was fine.

Since this is one of your first few times having sex it is possible that that is the cause of the bleeding. If it doesn't stop or it gets worse I would suggest that you call your doctor to get checked out just to be safe.

I remember the doctor explained to me why some people who have just started having sex might bleed but I can't remember the explanation very well.

Edit: Also, there are a few people I have talked to who have said that they have bled during their first time as well because I was super nervous about the bleeding.

Edit 2: I went back and re-read this. You said that you are feeling sore after you have sex and that doesn't sound normal but if you and your partner are being rough I suppose that it could cause you to feel sore? The only time I've ever experienced soreness after sex was when we have had sex more than once in a day or we have had sex every day for a week....which it wasn't exactly soreness. Someone who has more experience with this might be able to give more advice but if you and your partner aren't being rough you might want to check in with a doctor just to be on the safe side. I mean, it's possible that the soreness is due to you not being relaxed enough when you are having sex so you and your partner might need to do a little more foreplay to help you relax.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; June 15th 2017 at 07:34 PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Re: bleeding after sex - June 15th 2017, 10:10 PM

It doesn't sound like its anything to worry about. The first few times I had sex I never bled, and randomly one time after sex I had very light spotting the next day... The reason for this bleeding could either be 1- your hymen tearing slightly (it doesn't necessarily happen the first time, sometimes it doesn't happen at all and sometimes it happens before you ever have sex from other phsycial activities like dancing or horseriding), or 2- a change in your hormones due to you being newly sexually active, causing your body clock to be a bit askew so your body temporarily thinks it needs to make your period happen when it's not due. As for the pain, I've never felt it after sex but friends of mine have and from what I understand as long as it isn't excessively uncomfortable it's probably normal (but it could mean you may wanna use more lube and do more foreplay or something), but defining at what point its excessive is very subjective so if it's still bothering you in the future you may want to go to check it out just in case.

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Angie.Mel Offline
Angie (Ang) Mel
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Angie

Re: bleeding after sex - June 16th 2017, 07:37 PM

Possible Explanations:

1. If it's a new pill (new meaning you began within the past three months - yes, three) then your body will still be adjusting to the new set of hormones. That can lead to irregular bleeding, which might explain your issue.

2. Your body is still adjusting to sex and it just bled because you are still relatively new to it.

3. You didn't use enough lube or become wet enough. Occasionally, this can lead to minor cuts/abrasions/tearing. It's not a big deal, but it could explain the soreness. I would recommend longer foreplay and/or more lube. You can never go wrong with lube, and it's always worth the investment. Just make sure that it is water-based so that it doesn't make the condom ineffective! - Also, remember that if there is any tearing whatsoever, you are even moreee at risk of contracting an STD, so take precautions.

4. (Much Less Likely) You could be allergic to the condom/spermicide/something you are using. I'm not sure if this could cause bleeding, but I know that it causes soreness, burning, and/or itching (so do STDs though, so beware). If that sounds like it might be what you are experiencing, think about changing up the brand of your condom/lube and/or seeing a doctor (just in case).

If it continues to happen, you should see a doctor anyway. Sex shouldn't hurt. But sometimes it takes awhile to figure out how to enjoy it to the fullest.

Closed Thread