TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Friends and Family (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/)
-   -   Walked in on Parents Having Sex (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/t151877-walked-parents-having-sex/)

sargam June 22nd 2017 02:17 AM

Walked in on Parents Having Sex

Hi everyone

I just found a video on Youtube and hope if there are people out there who have walked in on their parents and would like to discuss it out here in the open.

My parents had a lot of sex and since the frequency of them having sex was so high the probability of me walking on them was inevitable.

My dad is a salesman so he would be out on business tours for weeks , so my mom would give my dad "something to remember me by while you are gone - SEX " before every tour .

Also my dad on returning home from trips , would have a "I missed you while I was gone - QUICKIE" with my mom, which was reciprocated later with "I missed you a lot too Sex" and "Thanks for the gift you bought me - SEX" by my mom after she put us to bed after early dinner.

MsNobleEleanor June 23rd 2017 12:59 AM

Re: Walked in on Parents Having Sex

Hello there,

I can understand that walking in on your parents having sex can be daunting, interesting, or weird (if those are things you have felt or other things).

Your parents are adults and they can do what they want behind closed doors. Are your parents in a room that is closed while they are engaging in sex? If so, walking in is really disrespectful as their door was closed. If there door is closed you should knock before opening the door. It is like when someone is in the bathroom, if the door is closed you knock, this allows the person to say something before the door opens. It's for their privacy.

When your mom puts you all to bed, do you stay in your bedroom? It sounds like you are either, a) going and listening to them, b) can hear them from where you are sleeping/or at, or c) the layout of your home doesn't provide a lot of privacy. If you are going and listening to them, is there a reason why that is? If you are able to hear them from where you are, you can bring this up with them by saying, "I heard weird noises last night, I wasn't sure what it was." this might give them a hint to try and be more discrete. If the layout of your home doesn't provide much privacy you could offer your parents the option for them to ask you to take your siblings out for a walk.

I am also wondering, are your parents saying those things infront of you? If they are, it is really inappropriate.

I am not sure what is happening as you didn't provide a lot of details. Are you able to clearify a little bit more so we can give you some suggestions to help you cope with this or deal with it.

I hope this is somewhat helpful. :)

sargam June 25th 2017 10:52 AM

Hello there,

I can understand that walking in on your parents having sex can be daunting, interesting, or weird (if those are things you have felt or other things).

Hi WretatsyRemedial , Thanks for the post.

Hearing or Walking in on parents is interesting and weird at the same time as you get to see the nasty real side of them in action which you don't usually see in regular environment.

People tend to hide behind a mask and pretend to be the other person which they are not.

Are your parents in a room that is closed while they are engaging in sex?

Yes they are in their bedroom which is right next mine and the balcony on both our bedrooms are combined, so that you can hear or even see what is going on in their room

When your mom puts you all to bed, do you stay in your bedroom? It sounds like you are either, a) going and listening to them, b) can hear them from where you are sleeping/or at, or c) the layout of your home doesn't provide a lot of privacy.

I used to hear them as a curious girl when I did not understand what was happening as our house is in a secluded countryside away from city and the house has thin walls. This amplifies the noise and you can hear even the hustling of the leaves very clearly.

If you are going and listening to them, is there a reason why that is? If you are able to hear them from where you are, you can bring this up with them by saying, "I heard weird noises last night, I wasn't sure what it was." this might give them a hint to try and be more discrete.

My mom is is a prude and she wont like it hearing from me that I know that she is having sex (which I personally believe is very normal). I wish she accepts that she is sexually active and not hide behind the "righteous - religious women act " that she puts up to cover up her real self.

If the layout of your home doesn't provide much privacy you could offer your parents the option for them to ask you to take your siblings out for a walk.

Walking post midnight is not a good idea in a secluded place

I am also wondering, are your parents saying those things in front of you?

It is worse if the things are being said loud behind doors as they think that they are not audible. My parents are so lame to think that they are not being heard.

DeletedAccount69 June 25th 2017 05:15 PM

Hey,

Like you said, sex is completely normal. I know it can be awkward to hear your parents having sex and the way you described your house makes it sound like it isn't set up in the best way. The advice I would give is that you put some music on to drown out the noises. If you have a close relationship with your parents than I suggest that you consider mentioning it in a casual way such as "I heard weird noises last night". If your mom is conservative it is unlikely that she will admit that her and your dad were having sex but they might make more of an effort to be quiet.