TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
amyzcool Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amy

dad question - July 22nd 2017, 11:41 PM

hey everyone... new here.. has anybody ever caught their dad checking them out. me and my gf were hanging out in our pool today and my dad came out... and spent more time looking at us then at his phone and book he was reading.

made me feel pretty weird... and don't know what to do about it. say something to him.. or mom... afraid she'd either not believe me.. or freak out..

thanks everyone...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
JennyisIn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jennifer

Re: dad question - July 26th 2017, 11:55 AM

Your friend same age? Both out there in bikini's I assume? Your 100% sure he was looking at well... um certain parts of you and not just being a parent and over looking what you two were up to ... maybe your over thinking it.

If your sure he was then I'd maybe say something to not stare . If you think he might make a move or hurt you even tell your mom.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Sense Prevails Offline
Never for my - Aw Mold Nigh
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: N/A

Re: dad question - July 26th 2017, 07:05 PM

I don't think you should be concerned.

It's normal for a father to look on at his daughter and her friend in a pool, I know the revealing clothing might make you think it's for another reason but I will suggest that it's just for protection. Especially if you're both splashing around making alot of noises, I'd also not want to keep looking away at a book or a phone.

If your father has never displayed any "weird" behavior like this before that's actually gotten you to a point of noticeable concern, then there's no reason why it should now.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
organizedchaos Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kay

Re: dad question - July 26th 2017, 08:55 PM

It sounds like a parent watching his kid and her friend in the water. If two kids are splashing around in a pool that can be really distracting when trying to read or look at you're phone. My parents always did the same thing, they'd sit there and watch me and my brother. Especially if there were other kids there too.

Two good questions to consider would be:

Have you ever felt weird about this before when he was watching you, has this ever happened before?

And also did your friend seem to be put off by it?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
amyzcool Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: dad question - July 27th 2017, 06:37 PM

ya we're both the same age... bff's since kindergarden... she had a bikini on and has a nice chest.. i had a tankini and am kinda flat on top..

ya he was looking for sure.. not the first time either... he's a good dad, just kind of a peeker i think... i don't think he'd ever hurt me... but i'm not sure i'd say anything, i wouldn't wanna freak my mom out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyisIn View Post
Your friend same age? Both out there in bikini's I assume? Your 100% sure he was looking at well... um certain parts of you and not just being a parent and over looking what you two were up to ... maybe your over thinking it.

If your sure he was then I'd maybe say something to not stare . If you think he might make a move or hurt you even tell your mom.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
amyzcool Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: dad question - July 27th 2017, 06:51 PM

well i do think you're right.. most dads look.. and my gf has a rockin' bod and was in a bikini.. so maybe it was pretty normal for him to be looking..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sense Prevails View Post
I don't think you should be concerned.

It's normal for a father to look on at his daughter and her friend in a pool, I know the revealing clothing might make you think it's for another reason but I will suggest that it's just for protection. Especially if you're both splashing around making alot of noises, I'd also not want to keep looking away at a book or a phone.

If your father has never displayed any "weird" behavior like this before that's actually gotten you to a point of noticeable concern, then there's no reason why it should now.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: dad question - July 27th 2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyzcool View Post
well i do think you're right.. most dads look.. and my gf has a rockin' bod and was in a bikini.. so maybe it was pretty normal for him to be looking..
In many cultures, and socially, it is considered unacceptable for a father to look at an underage girl inappropriately, however at this point, personally I think you're over-analysing the situation. Just because you think your girlfriend has an amazing body does not necessarily mean he even remotely thinks the same. To him he may just wish to ensure that the two of you are safe and enjoying your time together, maybe he is an insecure parent? There could be a lot of reasons though not necessarily related to what you seem to have potentially concluded.

While your concerns are understandable given the dangers of today's world, bear in mind he is your father. If his actions bother you, the best thing you can do is tell him, or alternatively ask him his motives behind coming outside to check on you and your girlfriend whilst he sits looking at his phone whilst reading. If you feel uncomfortable speaking about it to him, speak with your mother and ask if there's any particular reason he does it. There is no harm in asking.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
amyzcool Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: dad question - July 27th 2017, 08:15 PM

ya i get you... and you're probably right... except it's not like we're lil kids who need watching.

he's checked me out before.. or at least what it's felt like he has. i think my gf was cool about it... mostly cuz she's got a rockin' bod and is used to getting checked out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by organizedchaos View Post
It sounds like a parent watching his kid and her friend in the water. If two kids are splashing around in a pool that can be really distracting when trying to read or look at you're phone. My parents always did the same thing, they'd sit there and watch me and my brother. Especially if there were other kids there too.

Two good questions to consider would be:

Have you ever felt weird about this before when he was watching you, has this ever happened before?

And also did your friend seem to be put off by it?

Closed Thread