TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Meraki Offline
Not a n00b
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lilah

Unhappy I'm sooooo small - September 10th 2017, 07:58 AM

I'm really tiny and it's sooo annoyingly. I'm an 11 year old girl, 4 foot 9, and editedpounds. Also, I have a reeeeally flat chest, and it's sooo unfair.
I look like an eight to ten year old. Everybody is taller and weighs more than me. If you don't believe me, whenever I buy a non-decaf tea:
Person who works there: You're only about 8...you probably should get a decaf...
Me: I'm 11.
Person: Sorry! I'm sorry.
How can I get taller and gain weight?

Last edited by Hypothesis.; September 10th 2017 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Please do not include weight numbers. :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Re: I'm sooooo small - September 10th 2017, 04:19 PM

Idk if a mod will see this post before you see my reply, but if not you should really take out the number of pounds that you weigh. We try to avoid numbers and measurements of that nature because it could be triggering to some people. I know it's frustrating to work around but it's a rule.

There's really no advice to give you other than simply restate the fact that... you're 11 years old. I don't know about anyone else, but I surely wasn't sporting some DDD cup boobs at that age. I'm 18 and I'm still not.
As far as I can remember, everyone I knew back at 11 was "small"... it's called being a kid.
Make sure you eat right, eat plenty of green vegetables, protein, and drink your milk. Keep a healthy diet and when puberty really starts to hit, you will grow up and become bigger and stronger. I promise.

Try not to worry about it right now. I realize it can be frustrating for people to think you're younger than you really are. But try not to take it as a personal insult rather than a simple overgeneralization. My brother is 13 and I still refer to him as an 8 year old, because I still see him as a kid. I guess with kids, some people don't think whatever their age is matters, they just see them as a young child.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Clarent Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: L.

Re: I'm sooooo small - September 10th 2017, 04:29 PM

Yup. As the miss above me said, nothing is wrong with you. You're simply still growing, and there's still time for you Just remember to eat well and drink enough water, as well as having a little bit of excercise.

And certainly don't worry about your chest size. For now just enjoy yourself, and try not to worry too much. Remember, you still have time.

The risk I took was calculated, but boy, am I bad at math.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
k3fira Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Anna

Re: I'm sooooo small - September 10th 2017, 06:04 PM

Honestly, when I was 11 everyone around me was small. I had the opposite problem where i grew way too quickly- I was 5'4 and already had a bigger chest. The thing is, you don't need to care what you look like now because when you're older, its all going to be different. It may not be nice being mistaken for an 8 year old but they aren't doing it to make fun of you and you are already beautiful the way you are. You don't need to change because your already perfect.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: I'm sooooo small - September 10th 2017, 11:13 PM

As hard as it may be, try not to compare yourself with others. Everybody grows at different rates. I understand that when you're young, months and years seem like a really long time, but they're not, and you are only 11 years old. Good growth takes time and patience.

When I was 11 years old I was flat-chested too but when I reached puberty a year later, that's when they started to grow. Not only that, I was also very short, in fact I was one of the shortest people in my year group and despite now being 26, I'm still shorter than a lot of my friends, but who cares? It's only going to matter if you make it matter.

As hard as it is when you're young, let yourself grow naturally and be patient. In a couple of years time you'll start to see growth in one way or another.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Wonderlust Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sunny

Re: I'm sooooo small - September 10th 2017, 11:44 PM

Hi! Don't worry about it! I remember that I was only about 4'11-5'0. And I had a reallllly flat chest. You'll get bigger! Dont worry about the chest thing especially, some girls develop later, and thats ok.
PM me to talk!

Life's a tough b**ch, but you are tougher. Go show it who's boss. <lots of love and hugs>

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: I'm sooooo small - September 11th 2017, 12:22 AM

You are only barely entering puberty so you are probably not at your peak height and have much development left for breasts and other curves. I wouldn't worry so much, both my height and weight have increased a lot since I was 11.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I'm sooooo small - September 11th 2017, 08:45 AM

Just wait a while.

To prepare for being taller, which will inevitably happen soon, ask everyone who's taller than you what makes them happy.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Nonoka Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Nonoka

Re: I'm sooooo small - September 20th 2017, 01:36 AM

I'm tiny as well I'm only 4 foot 10. Luckily for your your only 11 and still growing​ and will likely pass 5 ft tall and grow in the other areas you want as well. I am already 17 and done growing but I've accepted being small. People come in all different shapes and sizes and there's nothing wrong with that at all.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Glass Slipper Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: I'm sooooo small - September 20th 2017, 03:07 AM

You are 11 years old. You are probably not going through puberty yet. Once you do you will probably gain some weight and you will defiantly grow taller. I think I heard that most girls stop growing 2-3 years after they get their periods. As for the boobs. I was always flat chested and the only reason I wasn't is because I got fat and all that fat made them bigger. Big boobs aren't always better. I loved me A to B cubs, now I have a DD and I hate them, but like I said the only reason is because I'm fat. Just wait you will grow.

We may shine, we may shatter,
We may be picking up the pieces here on after,
We are fragile, we are human,
We are shaped by the light we let through us,
We break fast, cause we are glass.
Cause we are glass.
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#11 (permalink)) Old
lollipops Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm sooooo small - September 23rd 2017, 06:37 PM

Your only 11- of course there's not gonna be a lot. I'm older than you and probably have a smaller chest. My sister's your age and trust me, she's not gonna get any decent chest for probably another 5+ years

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Markus Offline
Professional Human
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Marcus

Re: I'm sooooo small - September 24th 2017, 04:14 AM

Hey Lilah, you are only 11 so that's understandable! My girlfriend only hit puberty when she was 16 years old! I'd say you really have to wait and not stress yourself out

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Meraki Offline
Not a n00b
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lilah

Re: I'm sooooo small - September 27th 2017, 05:48 AM

Today, I was walking with my 9 year old sister, and a woman passed by and said "Look, (pointing at my sister) there's the big sister, and (pointing at me) there's the little sister".

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Markus Offline
Professional Human
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Marcus

Re: I'm sooooo small - September 27th 2017, 06:24 AM

It's okay to look young and of small frame. People always think my girlfriend is older than me because of her height when she's 2 years younger than me! (And yes, she's taller than me)

For me, I think it's too late to hope for any changes to happen because I probably finished puberty but as for you, you still have a couple of years to go! And you might even see a drastic change in you in six months, it's possible. We never know when puberty will hit us hard, it is only a matter of earlier or later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Today, I was walking with my 9 year old sister, and a woman passed by and said "Look, (pointing at my sister) there's the big sister, and (pointing at me) there's the little sister".

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Abbidabbidoo Offline
My life is my baby boy Jackson
Not a n00b

Re: I'm sooooo small - October 7th 2017, 11:25 PM

Caramel, I understand it can seem frustrating that people look at you and think you may be younger than you really are, but you are only 11 years old and as for being flat chested at 11 your time will come when you will start to fill out. Trust me, this is coming from a late bloomer who was a chubby flat chested 11 year old that looked like I was about 8 or 9. Trust me, when I was 13 the baby fat rolled off and my breast and shape just seemed to come out of nowhere. It will happen, but you have to give it time. Also there is nothing wrong with being a kid and looking like a kid. Heck you are a kid so live it. I quickly lost that chance to be a kid when I got pregnant and just recently had a baby at 15. Sure I love my 2 month old baby boy to pieces and wouldn't change a thing, but be a kid because you never know when you are going to be thrust into having to take on the adult role and trust me it is difficult when you are just a kid yourself trying to do it.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: I'm sooooo small - October 8th 2017, 02:31 PM

Hey there,

You're still really young. You still have plenty of time to grow. I'm sure you'll get taller in your own time, just be patient.

Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Hanna Banana Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Hanna

Re: I'm sooooo small - October 11th 2017, 01:21 AM

Hey Caramel, all peoples bodies are different and girls and boys change at different rates as they get older. That doesn't mean that you aren't a special person because you are small or smaller than most of your friends your age. You are also only 11 years old and maybe haven't even reached puberty. I know for myself at the age of 11 I hadn't reached puberty yet. Hell I am 15 years old now and my chest is still not big. You have many years ahead of you to still grow so just let the natural process happen. That is what I am doing and I have a few years on you. Once I reach that age that I know I am done growing than I will look at myself and say this is it and if people don't like it than they don't. I try not to worry what others think, my hardest person is myself on me. So just let nature take its course of the next several years and see what happens with your body. There will be a whole lot of changes ahead.

"Every challenge is an opportunity to prove to the world that you are, Extraordinary."~ Lzzy Hale of Halestorm

Closed Thread