TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Friends and Family (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/)
-   -   I知 18 and want a sex toy and I want to ask my parents (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/t153245-i%92m-18-want-sex-toy-i-want-ask-my-parents/)

Tanner15 October 1st 2017 10:17 PM

I知 18 and want a sex toy and I want to ask my parents

I want to ask my partners for a sex toy how should I do it and I知 also 18

Tanner15 October 2nd 2017 02:29 AM

Re: I知 18 and want a sex toy and I want to ask my parents

Can someone please help me

TheAtomicBlade October 2nd 2017 03:53 AM

It really depends.
I mean, if you guys are close enough, just ask I suppose. Personally, I wouldn't ask my parents.
There shouldn't be an age issue so maybe just save up and get it yourself.

Skeleton October 5th 2017 12:40 PM

I'm not sure if it's different in other countries but I'd imagine at 18, you're old enough to buy yourself a sex toy without speaking to your parents about it. If that's what you'd prefer to do then just be honest with them, sit them down and tell them that it's something that you want.

del677 October 6th 2017 05:57 AM

Just walk in to your local toy sex shop and buy it. They love customers. Surprisingly friendly people work there.

DeletedAccount63 October 6th 2017 10:34 AM

Hey,

If you are close to your parents and they are open about this type of stuff I would just sit them down and ask them. If they aren't open I wouldn't ask them i would just buy one. I don't go to shops to buy mine. I buy mine online and they are really discrete about how they ship them so it is obvious what it is.

I hope this has helped a little bit.

Your Friend,
Essa<3

Sorry miss read it. I would definatly discuss this with your partner if you want to use it while having sex with them. It is always good to have an open communication with them.

.Brittany. October 6th 2017 11:06 PM

Hi there,

getting your first sex toy is always nerve wracking. The first time I went was when I was with my friends. After that, I started ordering them online as they send them in discreet packages.

If you're close to your mom though, definitely talk to her, I'm sure she will help you.

Abbidabbidoo October 7th 2017 05:23 PM

So do you want to ask your parents pr partner? If it is your parents I say no. First off you are an adult and can just get one yourself without there permission. You are 18. As for your partner like the others have said if you are close and I imagine you are if you are thinking about sex toys with them then just ask them what they think.

xxpaigiexx October 8th 2017 01:35 PM

Hey there,

Personally, I would never have asked my parents, but I suppose it depends on your relationship with them. If you feel like you can be open with them about this then ask them. You're old enough to go and buy them yourself if you really want one and want to avoid embarrassment with your parents. Or you can buy them online.

I wish you the best of luck,
Paige

MWF October 8th 2017 04:11 PM

Oh God. Do you HAVE to ask your parents? I'd rather lick dog shit than ask my parents for a sex toy.
If you're 18, you can probably just go right in and buy one.

Tanner15 October 8th 2017 05:28 PM

They said I could talk to them about anything

Tanner15 October 8th 2017 05:29 PM

I meant to say parents

Abbidabbidoo October 8th 2017 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanner15 (Post 1300416)
I meant to say parents

Well then if you comfortable about talking to them about this subject and feel they would be able to give you some good feedback on it then I say go for it. For me though I would feel awkward talking to my Mom about getting a Sex Toy for me. I am not yet an adult though so it is different. So for you if they react weirdly you are an adult so you can still go out and get what you want. Good Luck and I just say if you are comfortable then just sit down with them and start the conversation.

Jess~ October 8th 2017 06:30 PM

just because parents say you can talk to them about anything doesn't necessarily mean that you need to. i mean, i know people who would tell their parents literally everything and it gets super weird. like even the parents sometimes are weirded out that their kid would tell them that.

like others have already said, you can legally purchase a sex toy by yourself, either online or in person. if you need to use their credit card or something, then maybe you could ask and explain that it's a personal item or something private. but even then.
my brothers know i have a sex toy and that alone makes me want to kick the wall with a toothpick under my toenail.

MWF October 9th 2017 05:13 AM

I'm pretty much on the same page as Jess, some things are better kept private. When parents say you can come to them about anything, they probably meant things like girls or money or something like that. Even sex, to a certain extent, because you have a parent to relate to. But sex toys... its gonna be REAL weird. I don't know why you'd want to put yourself through that when you can just painlessly buy it from a stranger.
Coincidentally, I also have a sex toy that my brother knows about... and when I found out that he knew, I felt like I could've set the house on fire.