TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TheEdenProject Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 4,296, Level: 9 Points: 4,296, Level: 9 Points: 4,296, Level: 9

lessen withdrawal symptoms? - October 25th 2017, 06:34 PM

i've been doing heroin for over a month (or two) now and i just ran out and now i am in day 2 of withdrawal and in horrible pain. i have absolutely nothing left and i am trying to get more but i can't get anything right at this second. all of this is very stressing for me and i feel emotionally very overwhelmed and the pain is just adding up, making me feel a lot of agony.

i'm just seeking to lessen the pain right now and don't know how to. the only thing coming to my mind is taking a lot of painkillers and just watching videos, drinking lots of water, doing what i enjoy, etc.

"We drift away
Diffusing light
Confusing times
Growing up
Or cascading down?
Cascading down
I'm hurting now"

- EDEN // crash

feel free to PM or VM me if you need someone to talk to, i always have a listening ear and i never judge anyone.

former HelpLINK Mentor - 01/20/18
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: lessen withdrawal symptoms? - October 25th 2017, 09:11 PM

Some things you could try to lessen the withdrawal symptoms could be; going for a short walk and taking deep breaths, look at what it around you, like flowers, trees, any animals, this is a grounding technique that could be helpful. Taking a cold or hot shower can be helpful. Drinking cold water could be helpful. Holding ice in your hands. Listening to mediation or relaxing music like nature sounds, waterfall sounds, etc.,

If your withdrawal ever becomes too much, I recommend you either go to your local emergency department or calling your local emergency line. Some withdrawals can be dangerous and the hospital will focus on helping you, they may offer you support and community resources. However, what's important is your health for them.

I hope some of my suggestions are helpful. If you ever need to talk you are more than welcome to.

Be safe.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: lessen withdrawal symptoms? - October 28th 2017, 05:41 AM

I agree with a lot that has been said here.

Withdrawal is not easy. There are things that can alleviate it. I've heard that the first week is the worst. Although, I know that the symptoms of withdrawal can and do last longer than a week.

Withdrawing from drugs can definitely be dangerous. I had a family member who got really sick from withdrawal from alcohol.

It might be worth it to discuss things with your doctor. They might have some suggestions on how to help with the symptoms. They, also, might be able to suggest treatment centers that you can enter into in order to get help for the addictions you have.

Best regards.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
TheEdenProject Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 4,296, Level: 9 Points: 4,296, Level: 9 Points: 4,296, Level: 9

Re: lessen withdrawal symptoms? - October 28th 2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post
I agree with a lot that has been said here.

Withdrawal is not easy. There are things that can alleviate it. I've heard that the first week is the worst. Although, I know that the symptoms of withdrawal can and do last longer than a week.

Withdrawing from drugs can definitely be dangerous. I had a family member who got really sick from withdrawal from alcohol.

It might be worth it to discuss things with your doctor. They might have some suggestions on how to help with the symptoms. They, also, might be able to suggest treatment centers that you can enter into in order to get help for the addictions you have.

Best regards.
yeah i've heard that too. although heroin withdrawal is one of the worst you can go through (right after benzodiazepines like xanax), with pain in limbs, stomach and back, as well as other.... rather ugly stuff that can go on for days or weeks, depending on the user and how bad or long they've been abusing it.

i currently have no access to a doctor and my mum wanted to take me to the hospital because of my symptoms (which ofcourse she doesn't know the background of) and because how i've been behaving lately. nobody suspects heroin abuse and i am kind of glad they don't so they don't make me do drug tests.

i guess my physical addiction wasn't really that bad because i've been in pain for one day and then just feeling sick-ish. now i just feel dizzy from the xanax i took and i'm still waiting to see if my mum wants to take me to the hospital.

i feel like heroin made me a better person. it made the mental health things go away and i could freely talk to people and had no fear and i was barely depressed. but now i feel like it's all hitting me back. hard.
i've never felt so depressed in my life and i've just woken up from a 14 hour sleep. to be honest. all i want is my drugs right now. i don't know what else to do without them, i feel so lost....

"We drift away
Diffusing light
Confusing times
Growing up
Or cascading down?
Cascading down
I'm hurting now"

- EDEN // crash

feel free to PM or VM me if you need someone to talk to, i always have a listening ear and i never judge anyone.

former HelpLINK Mentor - 01/20/18
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18

Re: lessen withdrawal symptoms? - October 28th 2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdenProject View Post

yeah i've heard that too. although heroin withdrawal is one of the worst you can go through (right after benzodiazepines like xanax), with pain in limbs, stomach and back, as well as other.... rather ugly stuff that can go on for days or weeks, depending on the user and how bad or long they've been abusing it.

i currently have no access to a doctor and my mum wanted to take me to the hospital because of my symptoms (which ofcourse she doesn't know the background of) and because how i've been behaving lately. nobody suspects heroin abuse and i am kind of glad they don't so they don't make me do drug tests.

i guess my physical addiction wasn't really that bad because i've been in pain for one day and then just feeling sick-ish. now i just feel dizzy from the xanax i took and i'm still waiting to see if my mum wants to take me to the hospital.

i feel like heroin made me a better person. it made the mental health things go away and i could freely talk to people and had no fear and i was barely depressed. but now i feel like it's all hitting me back. hard.
i've never felt so depressed in my life and i've just woken up from a 14 hour sleep. to be honest. all i want is my drugs right now. i don't know what else to do without them, i feel so lost....
There is not much you can do to blunt out the withdrawals. Your brain chemistry is altered and no matter what you do , you aren't going to feel good. Getting in friendly environments and not doing any work can make it more manageable. Something simple to pass the time and make you not think about or read about withdrawals all day.

But if you haven't taken anymore opiates since you made this thread, you have made it through most of the withdrawals by now. You may feel less well mentally for a while, but the brunt of it should be over, and this will fade. You will have happy moments to make the time go faster after the acute withdrawal phase.

This soon in the process- using more heroin (or ANY opiate--including prescription pain pills) will reset your dependence back to what it was .. one or two doses could bring you back to full withdrawal day 1. It is bad to use Xanax (without a prescription), but it is better than taking any opiate pills-- as xanax won't bring back your opiate dependence.

But yeah- absolutely no heroin or opiates for now. You are clean from it and you don't want to waste that and have to withdrawal all over again.

It can get much worse than just feeling sick and a little depressed. And each withdrawal episode can be worse than the one before. If you taking any opiate now, you will become dependent again, and it will be harder to motivate yourself to stop (vs now ) as you will have to deal with withdrawal, and you will eventually become more dependent to where you get extreme withdrawal symptoms.

Every opiate is the same to your brain. Different ones of course feel a bit different, but they are all the same in producing opiate dependence. Opiate dependence is opiate dependence. If you are going through heroin withdrawal, using another opiate to blunt it out is just like using heroin (in terms of re-establishing your dependence). Every opiate works by activating the mu-opiate receptor- which is the same receptor that endorphin binds to. This tells your brain and body that there is too much endorphin, and shuts down your natural endorphin system--while increasing stress hormone and adrenergic activity. When you stop using the synthetic endorphins, you feel like shit. The withdrawal tells your body to re-establish normalcy. You need to be out of withdrawal for at least several weeks to safely (if you can call it that) use opiates again without immediately bringing back dependency.

Last edited by Proud90sKid; October 28th 2017 at 10:39 PM.
Closed Thread