TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

Yeast infection worse with treatment? - March 18th 2018, 10:47 PM

[SIZE="a"]I had a yeast infection for 3 days just trying to suck it up and deal with the infection before finally deciding to use Monistat 7 as treatment.
I think I've used like 3 doses so far, I skipped one last night just to see and it usually doesn't itch until I start thinking of it a lot. There wasn't a lot of that cottage cheese discharge, but there was still some so I decided to use another treatment except during the day. Big mistake. Over the course of the day it has been slowly oozing out and burning the outer parts.
It hurts and itches and burns so bad that I just want to take an apple cider vinegar bath and never use the Monistat crap again! Should I go to the doctor and just get a yeast infection pill to take instead? Or is the infection going away enough that I can stop using the medication and just try natural methods now?
Oh yeah, during the first 3 days of the infection I was using just natural methods. Apple cider vinegar rinses, tea tree oil diluted with coconut oil. But the infection just got worse so that's when I used the medicine.
I'm in so much pain idk what to do.[/size]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Yeast infection worse with treatment? - March 19th 2018, 04:56 AM

Hey,

I used to get a ton of yeast infections. I used to get them before starting my period and than after. It was a pain but a lot of the time they ended up going away naturally but that might have been due to it coming around my period. However, there were times when I would have to look into utilizing monistat or going to the doctor. Firstly, I used monistat and I usually used the three day or one day treatment instead of the seven. Those worked faster (or were supposed) and I didn't need to use them enough. When I did use the seven day (it was cheaper so sometimes I would go with that) I felt like at about the three day mark things would be getting slightly better. From what you described it doesn't sound like it's gotten that much better and so I would suggest going to the doctor.

There are two reasons I suggest this the first is that getting medication from the doctor is likely to clear it up. While monistat can and usually does clear things up there are times when it doesn't. Going to the doctor will guarantee that it clears up and you don't have to suffer because yeast infections are painful. The second reason is that occasionally the infection can also be caused by yeast and bacteria vaginosis and I have been told my doctors that that is better treated by a physician.

I used to get both, occasionally, the doctor assured me it wasn't from anything I did wrong but they did prescribe something that cleared it up and kept it away for quite a while.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Mirabelle Offline
Owl Whisperer
Average Joe

Name: Mirabelle

Re: Yeast infection worse with treatment? - March 23rd 2018, 07:40 PM

Yeast infections are common and a doctor will help you, I'm sure. If you're in the UK and your doctor's surgery is closed, call NHS 111

There is an online website, so type in nhs 111 and you go from there.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: Yeast infection worse with treatment? - March 24th 2018, 07:07 AM

It sounds like you should go to the doctor. I'm wondering if either the monistat isn't helping or if you may have an allergy to it or something in it. Probably not an allergy (your doctor could let you know) but definitely it sounds like the monistat isn't helping.
If it's hard to get an appointment at your doctor, you could go to a walk in clinic/urgent care (not the ER (some insurances will not pay for ER visits that they don't feel are warranted) and this is a problem but not life-threatening or emergency).
If you're in another country, I'm not sure but there's probably a clinic of some sort that you can get in at which would be covered by your insurance if your doctors office is filled.
Hope this helps and that things clear up soon.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Mirabelle Offline
Owl Whisperer
Average Joe

Name: Mirabelle

Re: Yeast infection worse with treatment? - March 24th 2018, 12:16 PM

I've just remembered that a pharmacist would be only too happy to help. In the absence of the doctor's surgery not being open on Saturday mornings, going to a local pharmacy would be a good move.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Yeast infection worse with treatment? - March 25th 2018, 07:55 PM

I'd definitely recommend going to your doctor about this. They'll be able to determine if there is a reason that the Monistat is not working and, if there isn't a simple fix, recommend another medication or course of treatment that will help lessen the pain and get rid of the yeast infection altogether.

Here's hoping it all gets cleared up soon!

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#7 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Yeast infection worse with treatment? - March 25th 2018, 08:23 PM

Hey,
I know how much yeast infections suck. I get them a lot. I actually get them after using certain antibiotics. Anyways my doctor usually gives me a prescription for this pill that you take once and it clears it up quickly.

If you do not want to go to the doctor, is there a way you can email them or call them and explain what the symptoms are? I mean I do that with my doctor and she just calls in the prescription. It saves a lot of time and embarrassment. They might tell you to come in if you haven't had one before or in awhile.

I really hoped this has a helped a little bit.

Your Friend,
Frankie<3

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

Closed Thread