TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives


You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?
**********
 
_Headphones_'s Avatar
 
Name: Frankie<3
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Lost in the music.

Posts: 4,390
Blog Entries: 28
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Hair removal down stairs? - May 27th 2018, 07:48 AM

So this is embarrassing to post but I am wondering somethings. So I do shave that whole area minus my ass that just seems weird. Anyways because I am obese it is kind of hard to do, also it is always prickly I can never get it smooth. I have tried Nair and it doesn't sting or anything because I use the sensitive one, but it doesn't work that well. I want to try waxing but here is the thing. I have been sexually abused more than once, I have being naked in front of people I avoid the pap smear at all cost and refuse to let people look down there unless they have too. I refuse to go get it waxed by someone.



I was wondering if there is a way I could actually do it myself. Like is there a safe waxing kit I can get that works with the area I want to remove the hair? I will only do the top and shave the part closer to the actually area.(I hope this explanation makes sense if not I'm sorry.)


Also if you have any other ideas of hair removal for this I am all ears.


Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|


   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Resource Editor

I can't get enough
*********
 
MsNobleEleanor's Avatar
 
Gender: Female

Posts: 3,026
Blog Entries: 1462
Join Date: December 29th 2011

Re: Hair removal down stairs? - May 27th 2018, 08:59 PM

I personally have not tried waxing my genitals. I do know they use a sugar wax as it works better, but I don't have any advice I could give for waxing experience. I do understand why you wouldn't want someone to wax that area when you have gone through trauma.

When you shave the area, have you tried doing different positions to reach the areas you need to reach? I know for myself I rest my foot on the side of the tub and I have found it to be helpful to reach difficult areas. If sitting down is more comfortable for you, you can try this. You can even sit on the toilet seat cover and lean back a little for the angle.

I like saying, "shaving blind" because it is hard to shave and look what you are doing. Using your hands to feel where to shave can be your eyes. You can also use a mirror and angle it so you are able to see what you are doing.

For tips to keep the area smooth, use a soap that you like using (avoid scented products as it can irritate your PH balance) and shave different angles to get all the hair. Sometimes, hair doesn't grow out the same direction as other areas. Going from bottom up, then, left to right, then, right to left; can help to keep the area smooth and getting the hairs removed.

When the hair regrows back it will get prickly.

I am hoping another user has more tips and ideas on waxing kits you could use at home. I hope this was a little bit helpful.

Take care.


Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?
**********
 
_Headphones_'s Avatar
 
Name: Frankie<3
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Lost in the music.

Posts: 4,390
Blog Entries: 28
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: Hair removal down stairs? - May 27th 2018, 11:05 PM

I know it's a long shot to have a waxing kit at home for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNobleEleanor View Post

When you shave the area, have you tried doing different positions to reach the areas you need to reach? I know for myself I rest my foot on the side of the tub and I have found it to be helpful to reach difficult areas. If sitting down is more comfortable for you, you can try this. You can even sit on the toilet seat cover and lean back a little for the angle.



I like saying, "shaving blind" because it is hard to shave and look what you are doing. Using your hands to feel where to shave can be your eyes. You can also use a mirror and angle it so you are able to see what you are doing.



I do try different positions, like you said and it does help a lot. I also shave blind like you said it's much easier expecially since I have to hold my stomach up with one hand usually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNobleEleanor View Post


For tips to keep the area smooth, use a soap that you like using (avoid scented products as it can irritate your PH balance) and shave different angles to get all the hair. Sometimes, hair doesn't grow out the same direction as other areas. Going from bottom up, then, left to right, then, right to left; can help to keep the area smooth and getting the hairs removed.



I actually always try to do this. I also use two different razors I know that sounds weird but I use my venus razor that has soap attached then use a regular after that. I usally go down, then up, and side ways. It works most of the time.



Once again thank you so much for the advice I will try all the things you suggested that I haven't done yet.


Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|


   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Jess~'s Avatar
 
Name: jess
Age: 20
Gender: chick with an imaginary dick
Location: hell

Posts: 908
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: November 26th 2012

Re: Hair removal down stairs? - May 29th 2018, 04:28 AM

I've also been assaulted and had the same insecurity about having someone else wax down there, so I have a few stories when it comes to at home waxing kits.
The first one I tried was the little plastic strips with wax in between, that you rub between your hands to heat up and then use. Those are awful. They work for finer hair, like facial hair, but trying them down there was a nightmare. I don't think it really settles in, how terrifying it is to tear hair out of your body, until you're sitting there with a wax strip glued onto your most sensitive area.
At home waxing almost never works out well because of that. There's just something about waxing your own body that most people (even professional waxers) can't do to themselves.
When I finally did tear it out, it barely got any hairs, and left the rest of it all sticky from the wax. Nasty experience.

The second thing I tried was a recipe for "DIY Sugar Wax" and yikes. Getting the right temperature for such sensitive skin was impossible. I ended up with a burn scar down there, and didn't even end up removing any hair because it burned so bad I just wiped it off immediately.
So maybe if you're not as dumb as I was you'll be able to make it work. If you have one of those little scented wax burner things (they look like a mini crock pot) that would probably work really well to keep the wax warm but not hot.
But again, waxing at home usually doesn't work. Even when people are able to finally pull the strip on themselves, it's usually not fast enough and is just done wrong.

That being said, you can't know if it's not going to work for you unless you try it.

I do have to say though that I finally faced that insecurity and went to get professionally waxed, and wow. I really wish I never wasted all that money on at-home wax products and ingredients and felt all that pain when I could've just gone for the professional experience, because it was completely painless. I'm not trying to coerce you or disregard your feelings about it -- I completely understand and you deserve to feel entirely comfortable with whatever hair removal method you choose. I just figured maybe this would be something to consider. The women who work in that profession are so friendly and sweet and gentle. Two minutes into the session I was somehow able to forget that a complete stranger was ripping hair from down there because we were having such a great and comfortable conversation. They know what they're doing and they know people feel uncomfortable going into it.

I'd suggest just looking at the reviews for at-home wax kits online before deciding to try one. The one I used was very cheap so maybe a more expensive one would be better quality wax? I think they might even make kits for actual wax that you heat up, instead of the pre-made strips, but I'm not sure.

Other than that all I can recommend is looking up methods to make shaving more efficient. There was something I tried before waxing that worked pretty well. It involved an entire routine of exfoliating before, using warm water to open the pores, and using cold water afterwards with a cotton flannel to pat it dry. And exfoliating every day after that. Helped with ingrown hairs and it was smooth for the rest of that day.


i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?
**********
 
_Headphones_'s Avatar
 
Name: Frankie<3
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Lost in the music.

Posts: 4,390
Blog Entries: 28
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: Hair removal down stairs? - May 29th 2018, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess~ View Post
I've also been assaulted and had the same insecurity about having someone else wax down there, so I have a few stories when it comes to at home waxing kits.
The first one I tried was the little plastic strips with wax in between, that you rub between your hands to heat up and then use. Those are awful. They work for finer hair, like facial hair, but trying them down there was a nightmare. I don't think it really settles in, how terrifying it is to tear hair out of your body, until you're sitting there with a wax strip glued onto your most sensitive area.
At home waxing almost never works out well because of that. There's just something about waxing your own body that most people (even professional waxers) can't do to themselves.
When I finally did tear it out, it barely got any hairs, and left the rest of it all sticky from the wax. Nasty experience.

The second thing I tried was a recipe for "DIY Sugar Wax" and yikes. Getting the right temperature for such sensitive skin was impossible. I ended up with a burn scar down there, and didn't even end up removing any hair because it burned so bad I just wiped it off immediately.
So maybe if you're not as dumb as I was you'll be able to make it work. If you have one of those little scented wax burner things (they look like a mini crock pot) that would probably work really well to keep the wax warm but not hot.
But again, waxing at home usually doesn't work. Even when people are able to finally pull the strip on themselves, it's usually not fast enough and is just done wrong.

I am so glad that I heard this about the premade wax strips, my mom uses them for facial hair and I thought about maybe trying those, but since they don't work now I don't have to. I do have a scensy warmer(that's what they are called). I may try this or just stick to shaving. And if or when I get a GF i will think about going to get waxed, since I don't really need to right now.


Thank you so much for the advice.


Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|


   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Blighton Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Blighton's Avatar
 
Age: 24

Posts: 4
Join Date: May 29th 2018

Re: Hair removal down stairs? - May 29th 2018, 12:13 PM

I preffer removal cream. Maybe it is not so smooth like shaving, but more comfortable and flexible.
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Latte's Avatar
 
Age: 26

Posts: 259
Join Date: June 27th 2018

Re: Hair removal down stairs? - June 27th 2018, 05:19 AM

First things first, I wouldn't use the scentsy warmer wax. That'll likely just burn your skin! Also, its not the sticky kind of wax.

I am sorry to hear that you have been assaulted. Being vulnerable and allowing people access to your body can be hard at the best of times.

Have you researched waxing strips at all? I am sure there are many useful resources or recommendations online.

Have you considered using a mirror? If you could use a mirror and don't mind vacuuming the hair up later, you could use that in order to see what you are doing better.
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Lindiana Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Lindiana's Avatar
 
Age: 49

Posts: 13
Join Date: July 17th 2018

Re: Hair removal down stairs? - July 18th 2018, 05:28 AM

You can use Veet hair removal creams for bikini waxing. Be careful, don't make contact with your intimate areas.
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Allyson Wood Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Allyson Wood's Avatar
 

Posts: 38
Join Date: September 27th 2016

Re: Hair removal down stairs? - July 26th 2018, 02:08 PM

Just trim unnecessary hair. I wonder what really is the use of that hair down there!
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
hair, removal, stairs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright 1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.