TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

I'm addicted to masturbation. - February 26th 2019, 11:54 PM

[SIZE="a"]This has been going on for basically a year and a half. I cannot stop masturbating. I do it a least 2 a day and I physically can't prevent myself. I get really horny and I just have to do it, even if I don't want to. I've tried to quit several times but when I fail, I feel miserable. I don't know what to do. I don't want this to ruin my life for me. I feel like I'm not myself and I'm not being the best person I can be for this reason. Therapy isn't an option, I just need advice.

Please help, Thank you in advance.[/size]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I'm addicted to masturbation. - February 28th 2019, 02:00 AM

Why isn't therapy an option? Is it a matter of not being able to afford it? If so, totally understandable. If you are simply to embarrassed, this is also understandable but I would encourage you to consider it any how because therapists hear it all.

Now to to the advice... if this is interfering with your well being, I would encourage you to look at why. I was personally sexually abused by my ex and developed a lot of unhealthy ideas about sex as a result, and investigating those things and allowing myself to feel bad about it and learning how to have a healthier sex life was helpful to me. Lots of people internalize things about sex, and I think this can be the case for chronic masturbation. Masturbation is great, it can feel good, it is fine to explore your body, it's stress release, and so on... but if it's a coping mechanism for *something*, it's worth addressing that and thinking of other ways you can deal with it. It's like how a lot of us eat food to cope with things going on in our life; it provides us with something that other areas of our life can't. Since I don't know you, I can't even begin to identify why you do this or work through it for you (also, this is why therapy is amazing but you say it's not an option, so ok, moving on...)

Also, depending on when you're masturbating, if it's interfering with your life, etc, then it's not necessarily a bad thing. If you're going to the bathroom when you're with friends to take care of things or something like that, then yeah, that's a little much, but if you're just banging it off before work and when you get home, I am not sure that is all that worrying to me. However, again, this is why I think it is worth calling attention to why you're doing it, when you're doing it, what prompts the urges, and trying to tackle those things and use other coping mechanisms (e.g. are there other things that bring you joy in life? If so, do it more)

Hope this helps at least a bit.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

Re: I'm addicted to masturbation. - February 28th 2019, 03:49 PM

[SIZE="a"]I'm sorry to here you were abused, I can't imagine what that must have been like.

Anyway, it doesn't necessarily interfere with my daily life, I just do it when I get home usually. It's just I get really horny a lot, and I feel this is an unhealthy lifestyle. Not entirely sure why though.[/size]

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I'm addicted to masturbation. - March 1st 2019, 05:08 PM

There's nothing wrong with being horny, lots of people feel that way all the time. Some people feel sexual arousal more or less than other people for a lot of reasons. You could always try to redirect that energy, like by exercising, so that it doesn't interfere with your day to day ability to focus on other responsibilities.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
SomeGuy03 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm addicted to masturbation. - March 4th 2019, 10:26 PM

alright i'll try that, thanks for the help

Closed Thread