TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doglover2 Offline
Just a hooman
Average Joe

Name: Me

Cyst? Blister? - April 5th 2019, 08:28 PM

So there's this thing down there (not near my opening but where the hair grows. Not sure what the area is called). I thought it was an ingrown hair.
It's like a lump. Small lump and it's making the outside a bit red. Looks like there was a bit of puss.
I've never had sex or been in any sexual contact.
I have a bit of extra testosterone and might have PCOS (according to my doctor of coarse), if these factors make any difference...
Should I be worried?

I can reach out
To someone not like me
If you ask for help it doesn't make you weak

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Cyst? Blister? - April 5th 2019, 11:29 PM

It's hard to know what it is without actually seeing it. For example, my imagination of a cyst and a blister are very different looking and different feeling things. It could be so many things. If it's on your pubic mound, which is where the hair is, it might be a blister, it might just be a bit zit, it might be from an ingrown hair, etc. If you already have hormonal imbalances and possibly PCOS, it might just be your body reacting to something you've changed or who knows

If this isn't something you've seen before, and you have access to a doctor, which it sounds like you do, I would go and speak with them so that you can just get peace of min knowing what it is. I think it is likely nothing. For example, I got a weird blistery thing that was caused by an ingrown hair from shaving down there, super irritating and blegh, but I also knew it wasn't a big deal, just that it was from that + irritating it further by having sex causing it to look worse than it was. However, it sounds like you have no idea what's caused this, so I would follow up with your doctor just to be sure. I do this all the time, of course I live in a country with public health care so it's not a big deal for me to go, but you know...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
miderton Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Cyst? Blister? - May 1st 2019, 08:29 PM

Talking with your doctor

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Veronique89 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Cyst? Blister? - May 9th 2019, 07:01 AM

This is nothing to worry about. It is not harmful. It's kind of cystic acne. Here you can find everything about it: accutaneforacne.com/acne/cystic-acne/ If it really bothers you, the doctor can make a small insition and let the puss out, but it's not necessary.

Closed Thread