TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Points: 16,645, Level: 18 Points: 16,645, Level: 18 Points: 16,645, Level: 18

I'm going to have to talk to my doctor about it but I can't - October 10th 2009, 06:43 AM

This might sound stupid or immature but I'm having a serious problem. I have extreme pain during innercourse I have PCOS and possibly have endometreiosis (sp). I'm going to have to tell my doctor about this pain and I don't know how on earth I'm going to tell her. My mom usually calls about my appointments and I don't want my dad to over hear it. It's not that I'm acting immature about it but this pain isn't normal.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Commiseration Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sam

Points: 11,000, Level: 15 Points: 11,000, Level: 15 Points: 11,000, Level: 15

Re: I'm going to have to talk to my doctor about it but I can't - October 11th 2009, 02:31 AM

Greetings.
You should definitely go to the doctor for this. I understand that such things are awkward, but it is your health in question. I'm also currently working up the guts to go to the doctor for an issue of a similar embarrassing nature that I don't want my parents to know about either. Can you make your own appointment? Or if your mom has to make it try telling her it's for a different/less obvious reason? When it comes down to it, it's your health and you should go no matter how awkward it shall be. Try not to put it off too long and just go for it. Good luck and take care of yourself!

-Commiseration-

-Let the Music Play-
"There's no way to explain why life is filled with so much pain. But do the flowers ever grow in the places it don't rain?"

"But the unfortunate truth is that, while being different from everyone else can be exciting at first, ultimately it can get a little lonely."

"The floor seemed wonderfully solid. It was comforting to know I had fallen and could fall no further."
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Points: 22,445, Level: 21 Points: 22,445, Level: 21 Points: 22,445, Level: 21

Re: I'm going to have to talk to my doctor about it but I can't - October 11th 2009, 02:39 AM

You are right that you should tell your doctor. If you are so worried your dad will overhear the conversation wait till he leaves the house for your mother to call. Or if he likes to stick around ask your mom if you can go "shopping" then just have her call sitting in the parking lot. You are doing the right thing by seeking medical attention so even if it is hard to get a doctor's appointment, you should really follow through with this.
Take care,
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Candy Offline
U think it, but i'll ink it...
Not a n00b

Name: Candy

Points: 9,463, Level: 14 Points: 9,463, Level: 14 Points: 9,463, Level: 14

Re: I'm going to have to talk to my doctor about it but I can't - October 11th 2009, 01:52 PM

I heard of this problem before. You should talk to ur doctor about it honestly. Go with a friend or someone u trust to give u confidence.
The girl who had this problem befor was told by her doctor to have sex evryday to help her litteraly 'open up'.
It could be differnt for you so go as soon as you can. Good Luck

Candy =)
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,884, Level: 26 Points: 33,884, Level: 26 Points: 33,884, Level: 26

Re: I'm going to have to talk to my doctor about it but I can't - October 11th 2009, 04:53 PM

Hey Jennifer, I know you're embarassed about this. It doesn't make you immature, doctors are used to this kind of stuff and it will be much worse if you don't tell anyone. Would it be possible to make the appointment when your dad isn't home, or from a room where he's out of earshot?
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Mittens The Cat Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Mittens The Cat

Points: 10,050, Level: 14 Points: 10,050, Level: 14 Points: 10,050, Level: 14

Re: I'm going to have to talk to my doctor about it but I can't - October 11th 2009, 06:38 PM

Well, it's you parents, thier not gonna make fun ov u soooooooo i suggest u go...
Closed Thread