TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ollieisxspecial Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,655, Level: 14 Points: 9,655, Level: 14 Points: 9,655, Level: 14

Exclamation Pregnant with period? - December 18th 2009, 10:25 AM

Okay so i had sex twice in the end of october and then again the next week, and I took a pregnancy test about a week or two after and it was negative, but I was waiting for another two weeks to take the next one but i got my period on thanksgiving (nov. 26) and I've had my period ever since and its really heavy. So I was wondering can I still be pregnant? Should I take a pregnancy test even though I have my period? My period is super irregular and this is the first time I had it in 4 months. I'm super worried and I appreciate any advice
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: Pregnant with period? - December 18th 2009, 05:19 PM

It's best to just wait till your period is over. If you take a pregnancy test while you're on your period, the results will be inaccurate. So just wait till your period is over, and then a couple days after...take another pregnancy test or two and that should be your result. In the meantime, I'd keep mental notes on any abnormal feelings that you have (like sensitive breasts) and just take it easy on yourself and wait till your period is over. Don't jump to conclusions...although it wouldn't be a bad idea to brainstorm a general idea that if you ARE pregnant, THIS is how you'll deal with it.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
OurLovesSublime Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 11,625, Level: 15 Points: 11,625, Level: 15 Points: 11,625, Level: 15

Re: Pregnant with period? - December 18th 2009, 07:02 PM

It is very very very unlikely to have bleeding that heavy while being pregnant without something being wrong. If you are having an actual period I really doubt you are pregnant (which it sounds like you are since you aren't complaining of weird abdominal pains... not just regular cramps... fever, nausea, things like that). If it makes you feel better, take another test when the bleeding stops but I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I had extremely irregular bleeding for years where I would bleed for weeks at a time, then not bleed again for a couple of months. But it will straighten out eventually. Mine did when I got on the pill.

Getting on birth control would not only regulate your periods but it would ease your mind a little about pregnancy after having sex.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Pavan

Points: 10,721, Level: 15 Points: 10,721, Level: 15 Points: 10,721, Level: 15

Re: Pregnant with period? - December 18th 2009, 11:47 PM

i think you should go and see your doctor. It is quite possible you miscarried early in the pregnancy. if you're worried, seeing your GP wuld be a good idea.

What a shame, what a shame
To judge a life that you can't change
The choir sings, the church bells ring
So won't you give this man his wings?
What a shame to have to beg you to
See we're not all the same, what a shame
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
ollieisxspecial Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,655, Level: 14 Points: 9,655, Level: 14 Points: 9,655, Level: 14

Re: Pregnant with period? - December 19th 2009, 11:31 PM

Thank you all so much, my mother is taking me to the doctors this week but i'm afraid she might tell me bad news (i.e. pregnant) in front of my mother which would be horrific. Should i tell my mom to cancel it and take a pregnancy test when my period goes away?
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: Pregnant with period? - December 20th 2009, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollieisxspecial View Post
Thank you all so much, my mother is taking me to the doctors this week but i'm afraid she might tell me bad news (i.e. pregnant) in front of my mother which would be horrific. Should i tell my mom to cancel it and take a pregnancy test when my period goes away?
If she's already going to take you to the doctor, you might as well go. If she didn't care about you, she wouldn't take you to the doctor. She may end up being mad, but if she's willing to take you to the doctor...she'll get over it. Having a doctor tell whether you're pregnant or not is the most accurate way to know, while there's a lot of complications with pregnancy tests. Just suck it up and go to the doctor. The most important thing is that you'll find out the truth and be able to take the most appropriate actions towards handling that situation.
Closed Thread