TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not the average teeange girl
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Adri

Exclamation not sure where to put this..does sex ruin relationships? - December 31st 2009, 03:23 PM

me and my boyfriend are sexually active, and like everytime we see each other we have sex. i dont want it to b like that, yet i dont wanna make him angry so i just go with it. but lately ive been feeling like hes very distant, and i have a feeling like its because of the sex. idk what to do? is it true that sex can ruin relationships?

I want to fly away like a little girl again.
I want to believe in the things i once did.
Ride on the swings,
let the breeze fly through my hair.
Ah, the kid ages.

Send a message via AIM to leftinthedarkXxX  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
TheLittleNinja Offline
I'm a secret ninja ;)
I've been here a while

Name: Claiiiiiiiiire

Re: not sure where to put this..does sex ruin relationships? - December 31st 2009, 03:46 PM

Hey There.

For me personally - I do believe that sex can be a big factor of failed relationships.
Being in a relationship isn't just about sleeping with each other, you need to chat and go out places together too =]

If you feel you want to have less ex, and just spend more time with you man then tell him. Tell him that you feel you want to be emotionally close to him as well as physically close. If he doesn't respect the fact that you want to have less sex, and if he gets angry at you - then he isn't really the guy for you.

I guess relationships are bit like a healthy diet - you need a balance of everything to keep you going well. Talk to him, and see what he says =]

Take Care,
Claire x

I'm still alive.
Must have been a miracle
It's been one hell of a ride
Destination still unkown
It's a fact of life: If you make one wrong move with a gun to your head
You better walk the line or you'll be left for dead.

I'm a runaway train on a broken track
I'm the ticker on the bomb that you can't turn back
Thats right.
I got away with it all and I'm still alive.
Let the end of the world come tumbling down.
I'll be the last man standing on the ground
As long as hot blood runs through my veins
I'm still alive.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: not sure where to put this..does sex ruin relationships? - December 31st 2009, 04:02 PM

I can't speak from experience but I have had a relationship for over 2 years without sex and we couldn't be any happier.
I do know of a case where sex did ruin everything. They had sex too fast in the relationship and it all went down after that.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SingleMom Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: not sure where to put this..does sex ruin relationships? - January 1st 2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico View Post
I can't speak from experience but I have had a relationship for over 2 years without sex and we couldn't be any happier.
I do know of a case where sex did ruin everything. They had sex too fast in the relationship and it all went down after that.
I have to agree with this. I've had no good experiences with men ever and it was usually because sex was or was not involved. If they got their way, the relationship didn't last long, if you could even call it a relationship. If they didn't get it, they stuck around even shorter and found someone else who would give them what they wanted when they wanted it. If you have decreased the amount of sex and he is pulling away, I'd bet that's why. However, give him the benefit of the doubt and talk to him first. Let him know that you feel the relationship is becoming too physical and not emotional enough. If he loves you for you and not for the sex, he'll understand. It doesn't guarantee a future husband, though. In my experience, it's just not seen that way anymore and guys do it for physical reasons, while women are more emotional about it. Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps!

~SingleMom~
Every little bit of help is a big help because
"To the world you may just be one person, but to one person you may be the world"
-- Brandi Snyder
  Send a message via Yahoo to SingleMom  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: not sure where to put this..does sex ruin relationships? - January 1st 2010, 11:35 PM

Sex can change a relationship really easy because of the amount to pressure put on the two involved, you need to be very careful with this because often times your relationship is only be biased around sex and once that’s gone it all falls apart.

Look if your boy friend is just using for sex its not a good relationship to start with.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: not sure where to put this..does sex ruin relationships? - January 1st 2010, 11:43 PM

yes it can ruin relationships.. sounds like you need to have a chat with him about how you're feeling, or he's not going to know and you're just going to end up unhappy. communication is key.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#7 (permalink)) Old
softdrink Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: not sure where to put this..does sex ruin relationships? - January 2nd 2010, 10:36 AM

I agree sex have many time ruined many relationship either due to excessive sex or due to no sex.

Closed Thread