TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Arkko Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,606, Level: 14 Points: 9,606, Level: 14 Points: 9,606, Level: 14

Unhappy Poss pregnant. Advice please? - May 3rd 2010, 07:09 PM

I dont really know what im expecting from a response but i just need to get it off my chest.

I think im pregnant, my last period was 6 weeks ago and i have had 3 days light bleeding at the middle of last week. I have an amazing boyfriend who is aware of whats going on, we do use protection but as all of you know, there is still a risk

I did a home test yesterday and it was negative, but im not convinced, ive got a lot of the symptoms of the first few weeks of pregnancy ( missed period, cramping, tired (but that could be from the stupid amount of work im doing))

ive had sever tonsilitus and was on really strong antibiotics when my period was due, im kinda hoping that maybe they threw me off? and i have been so run down due to setting up my own buisness and all if the worries with that.

I already spoke to my bf about what to do if i am pregnant and we've both decided that abortion is the right thing to do... by everyone.

Im in the middle of setting up my new dog walking company, we're househunting, hes out of a job from tuesday and we live in his parents house at the moment ( my mum kicked me out about a year ago so i now live with him) I dont want to have a baby right now, i couldnt give it the life it deserves or need to be honest which would no way be fair on a baby or us, and neither of us want a family untill we're married. Im happy with the decision and i dont think i would have an issue going through with it... I know that probably makes me a heartless person.

Im not really sure what im looking for by posting on here... reasurance i guess? My Social anxiety is through the roof right now....

It'll be fine right?? Im going to the docs tomorrow to get this sorted.

Someone tell me its gonna be alright?? =/

' Truth Be Told I Miss you,Truth Be Told Im Lying.. '

'Its all false love and affection, you dont want me you just like the attention'
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
TheLittleNinja Offline
I'm a secret ninja ;)
I've been here a while

Name: Claiiiiiiiiire

Points: 16,506, Level: 18 Points: 16,506, Level: 18 Points: 16,506, Level: 18

Re: Poss pregnant. Advice please? - May 3rd 2010, 07:37 PM

Heey There!

Firstly, you are by NO means a heartless person! It takes a lot of courage to think about all these things, and admit that you wouldn't be able to give a baby the life he or she deserves.

But, I think that really, that decision you have made about abortion won't be needed. Antibiotics CAN throw people of their routines, as can stress, and worry. Worrying that you are pregnant is probably keeping your period away too!

Your doing the right thing by seeing a doctor, and he/she will soon tell if you are pregnant. He / she will also give you plenty of advice on how to deal with the abortion and such things =] Remember, being pregnant ISN'T a terminal illness, it just happens at the most inconvienient of times!

But really, try not to worry too much, although you might be pregant I'd say that from what you've said it is unlikely, but see what the doctor says tomorrow and go from there!

Claire

I'm still alive.
Must have been a miracle
It's been one hell of a ride
Destination still unkown
It's a fact of life: If you make one wrong move with a gun to your head
You better walk the line or you'll be left for dead.

I'm a runaway train on a broken track
I'm the ticker on the bomb that you can't turn back
Thats right.
I got away with it all and I'm still alive.
Let the end of the world come tumbling down.
I'll be the last man standing on the ground
As long as hot blood runs through my veins
I'm still alive.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Thurineth Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Laura

Points: 16,638, Level: 18 Points: 16,638, Level: 18 Points: 16,638, Level: 18

Re: Poss pregnant. Advice please? - May 3rd 2010, 08:13 PM

Hey! It could be stress, I suggest going to your doctor and having them do a blood test.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 10,480, Level: 14 Points: 10,480, Level: 14 Points: 10,480, Level: 14

Re: Poss pregnant. Advice please? - May 3rd 2010, 08:36 PM

It sounds like stress to me and you probably arent. Also, if you think you are you start looking for symptoms that arent really there =P. As for abortion, you're not heartless for making that decision. sometimes you just need to do what is right for you. Personally I believe that every woman should have that option but I know that I couldn't go through with it. I would just get attached to the pregnancy and that would make it hard for me. If I knew that keeping the baby would not be the best option for me or the child then I would consider adoption. I'm not going to put any pressure on you as it seems you've already made your decision and are comfortable with it but I suggest you at least do some research on adoption before getting an abortion. Just check out your options you know? But all of this is probably pointless to say since there is a good chance you're not pregnant =P

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BabyIndia Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: India

Points: 14,786, Level: 17 Points: 14,786, Level: 17 Points: 14,786, Level: 17

Re: Poss pregnant. Advice please? - May 3rd 2010, 08:42 PM

Hey there, I think it maybe down to highstress levels, and then because you are worried about being pregnant, you rbody is delaying your period even longer.

I Don't really belive in abortion, unless you no the lady has been raped or it could die or could kill her.
And of course your case awell, I think it's really mature of you

Try not to worry about it so much, and your period should go back to normal.

Hope the doctor's help. I also hope you get the result you want.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Arkko Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,606, Level: 14 Points: 9,606, Level: 14 Points: 9,606, Level: 14

Re: Poss pregnant. Advice please? - May 3rd 2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerchild32273 View Post
I'm not going to put any pressure on you as it seems you've already made your decision and are comfortable with it but I suggest you at least do some research on adoption before getting an abortion. Just check out your options you know? But all of this is probably pointless to say since there is a good chance you're not pregnant =P

The problem is that my work is very physical and if i was pregnant i would have to give it up, i cant have dogs pulling me about and jumping on me at 8 months pregnant can i!!! lol. Its a brand new buisness that i hope to run for as long as i can, getting pregnant would take at least 4 months out of my work and would kill my buisness. Also i dont think that if i went to full term id be able to give up the child, i get attached enough to animals that arent mine, let alone my own flesh and blood ( which might make it weird that i found it fairly easy to say abortion in the first place but in my head its all different)

Thankyou for your advice everyone. fingers crossed for the docs tomorrow =/ xx

' Truth Be Told I Miss you,Truth Be Told Im Lying.. '

'Its all false love and affection, you dont want me you just like the attention'
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 10,480, Level: 14 Points: 10,480, Level: 14 Points: 10,480, Level: 14

Re: Poss pregnant. Advice please? - May 3rd 2010, 09:09 PM

well i can understand that but maybe you could put the dog walking on hold for a bit and get a less demanding job elsewhere? just an idea. no pressure ^_^

(#8 (permalink)) Old
One of those old people ;)
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Points: 12,951, Level: 16 Points: 12,951, Level: 16 Points: 12,951, Level: 16

Re: Poss pregnant. Advice please? - May 4th 2010, 02:46 AM

I bet you aren't pregnant, and if you are, you seem to be very level headed and know what you want to do. I support you 100%! Good luck and I hope get the right results at the dr!

"omg i might be pregnant!?!?!"

"ok..calm down..pee on your keyboard...nope its negative"

(#9 (permalink)) Old
niente_ Offline
Ex band geek, but still proud.
I've been here a while

Name: Niente

Points: 23,740, Level: 22 Points: 23,740, Level: 22 Points: 23,740, Level: 22

Re: Poss pregnant. Advice please? - May 4th 2010, 09:04 AM

Could just be the stress, but you're doing all the right things - taking tests, talking to your boyfriend, going to the doctors. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll have a result pretty soon.

Sometimes it's better to forget how you feel
and remember what you deserve

S. M ... still in my heart, forever
Closed Thread