TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
luvflamingos Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mary

female masturbation - August 26th 2010, 01:45 AM

I have a million thoughts running through my head it seems these days.

My question is this: do girls go inside themselves to prepare for sex? It recently came up to me by a girl friend.

And if I did, would it help with tampons? I want to join cross country team at school and want to avoid potential embarrassment because I use pads.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stained Dreamer Offline
I will not be treated that way
Average Joe

Name: Nicole

Re: female masturbation - August 26th 2010, 02:10 AM

I'm honestly not sure about girls going inside themselves...

I can tell you as a cross country runner, tampons help SO much. Wearing a thick pad and going three miles (or MORE)...yeah- that's hard. But if someone posts later on the girls inside themselves thing and you think tampons are a good way to go, go for it. But I'm suggesting them to you- girl athlete to girl athlete

I want a moment to be real
Want to touch things I don't feel
Want to hold on, and feel I belong
And how can the world want me to change?
They're the ones that stay the same
They don't know me, but I'm still here

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: female masturbation - August 26th 2010, 02:34 AM

People masturbate in different ways. Some girls use clitoral stimulation, but some do penetrate themselves with either their fingers or objects. It's really up to personal preference and what feels good.

As for your second question, the answer is yes or no, depending on what you are specifically asking.

Personally, I think that penetrating yourself as part of masturbation would make you more comfortable with the idea of putting tampons in. So in that way, it would make you more relaxed with the idea of tampons and therefore, make it easier for you to use them because you wouldn't be scared.

However, there is this common misconception that penetration (with objects, fingers, whatever) "stretches" the vagina and makes it "looser". That is not true at all. The vagina is a muscle. It expands and contracts, just like any other muscle. When you insert something (like a tampon) into your vagina, it expands to be big enough to hold the object (assuming you are relaxed enough for it to do so). After you take the object out, the walls of your vagina close together again. So regular penetration through masturbation will not make it easier for you to use tampons by making you "looser", if that's what you were asking.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
luvflamingos Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: female masturbation - August 26th 2010, 01:50 PM

I feel so dumb these days. My first question came up because of a recent experience with a friend of mine. I hope she and I can talk about why some time. I am in nooooooooooo way thinking about sex and I have never had a boyfriend. Was just wondering if some girls do it to prepare or something. Or was my friend just as confused as I am now?

The second one is because yesterday morning started off as a disaster. I waited for my bus with two boys I didn't know, wondered if I was about end up at the wrong school, I missed my bus, walked back home in the rain and got my period (early) and it was my first day of high school! One of my teachers is the cross country coach and remembered me from the open house for freshmen last week. So that got me started about the whole pad vs. tampon thing again.

Today I am home because I just don't feel good. I told my dad whatever and he was like okay. Probably not the smartest move being the second day. I feel like I should know my body ( I had to looked up the word clitoral ). I used to be so confident. At least when it came to me, but now I am not. I also feel I am failing in my relationships with my friends. Its just a really confusing time for me.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
niente_ Offline
Ex band geek, but still proud.
I've been here a while

Name: Niente

Re: female masturbation - August 26th 2010, 09:31 PM

There are pros for both tampons and pads but for cross country you'd probably be better with tampons.

And about the other thing, don't worry if you don't understand some words or are a bit confused about things. You are only 13 (at least it says you are) and you learn things from experience, and also internet. Google things you want to know, though be aware you'll probably come across some very weird websites

Sometimes it's better to forget how you feel
and remember what you deserve

S. M ... still in my heart, forever

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DanceCommander Offline
Don't Panic
I can't get enough

Name: Jordan

Re: female masturbation - August 26th 2010, 10:23 PM

No, girls do not have to masturbate, insert, or do things to themselves to prepare for sex. They can as something fun to do in front of a partner or because it feels good, but natural lubrication should be enough to allow a penis easy entry. If not, there is lube for that.

As for pads and tampons, I find tampons to be much more conducive to an active daily lifestyle. Pads just feel like a soggy diaper after a while, and it is very uncomfortable to me. You don't even feel the tampon, and can go about your life without feeling a huge wad of material every time you move. Just be sure to change it at the proper times to avoid infection, and to not leave one in at night.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where-"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go."

~The Chesire Cat to Alice~
  Send a message via Yahoo to DanceCommander  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
luvflamingos Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: female masturbation - August 27th 2010, 01:17 AM

I am 14. I messaged someone last week who said I need to contact a Ron or Rob. I have not been able to change it on my profile. Sorry for the confusion. My parents have this computer so locked down I am surprised I was even able to find this site (TH). During a search, I ususally see something like.. filtering is on, some information/sites have been blocked. Honestly, I have been waiting for them to approach me about this site and ask me what I am doing. It is also the reason I have spent so much time posting, blogging and looking for answers/help on here since joining. I am not sure how long it will last for me, because I am not sure what they can see.

Everyone says tampons. I guess I should give it another try. The first time was a horrible experience for me. My mother waited outside the bathroom door. It got stuck and I freaked out. While I was screaming and my mother removed it. I haven't tried since. I figured I was too small or something. I don't know. Thanks for everyone's help.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
luvflamingos Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: female masturbation - August 28th 2010, 06:15 PM

I have decided against trying out for the cross-country team. I know a couple of the girls on the team. I probably wouldn't fit in anyway. I will just run at home. I love the times when my mind races along with my body. I can think about everything or nothing at all. I feel free. It's just me.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
lovetakesoverr Offline
Average Joe

Name: Haylen

Re: female masturbation - August 28th 2010, 07:51 PM

With masturbation, I don't like going in with anything. Unless there is a guy doing it, I don't get much pleasure from that.
And masturbation is perfectly normal for girls. It lets you experiment, and find out what you like.

But those sequins on her dress.. boy, they threw you over the edge.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
DeadlySin Offline
Finding beauty in darkness.
I've been here a while

Name: Bridget

Re: female masturbation - August 28th 2010, 11:01 PM

You don't always have to prepare for sex. Sometimes the guy does that for you. =P

Personally, i'm overly paranoid about my period, so i'd be wearing both. But with sports tampons are generally better since you move around a lot so the pad would be moving around in your underwear and you could possibly leak.

I'll do whatever it takes to be the mistake you can't live without.
  Send a message via AIM to DeadlySin Send a message via MSN to DeadlySin Send a message via Yahoo to DeadlySin Send a message via Skype™ to DeadlySin 
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
cecelia Offline
Not a n00b

Re: female masturbation - August 29th 2010, 01:25 AM

tampons are definitly the better way to go but some girls have an issue wearing themat first so maybe should try just wearing them at home untill ur comfortable with them? also masterbating for me is always better wen a guy does it. but i dont think it counts as masterbation then....idk just something to think on.

Closed Thread