TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I don't bite :)
Average Joe

Name: Lucy

Exclamation 'extra' hair -.- - November 28th 2010, 08:08 PM

basically, i have some unwanted facial hair, seeing as i am a girl this is very yack and i try not to let it put me down and hope people accept me for the way i am, infact its not even that bad, but its got worse..

This usually doesn't happen to people with light skin, so why to me? :/

hate writing this but hope someone can help -.-
i also have a hairy back, its not all dark hair, just dark hair at the bottom, but i HATE people feeling it or seeing it, dno what to do about it? :/ cant shave it , i could bleach it ? but that involves someone helping me as its in a tricky spot!

and the bits on the side of my face??
may be an invalid point but not alldark skinned celebs obvs cant have natually un hairy faces so what do they do to get rid of it!!

I'm obviously not shaving my face and feeling even more unfemine, dno if to bleach it or what??
ideas? :/

and why the hell do i even have it :|

thanks xx
  Send a message via MSN to SatelliteHeart♥  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Need help? I'll be there! <3
Average Joe

Name: Jennifer

Re: 'extra' hair -.- - November 28th 2010, 08:29 PM

I know someone, a friend of mine, how happened to have the same problem you have. She actually had more testosterone that most females, and ended up getting some facial hair. You can shave it or go to your doctor to see why you have hair in those places. I'm sure he can tell you better what could be causing this.

I hope you find a solution soon!

Take care.

I'm here to help, and more.
If you need a hug, I got one.
If you need to rant, I listen.
If you need to cry, my shoulder is open.
If you just need a friend, I am there.
<3

If you can't reach me here, feel free to e-mail me or message me on yahoo. ^_^
  Send a message via AIM to CrimsonTippedPetals Send a message via Yahoo to CrimsonTippedPetals Send a message via Skype™ to CrimsonTippedPetals 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Simplyme7 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: 'extra' hair -.- - November 28th 2010, 09:39 PM

It may be because of extra testosterone like the previous poster mentioned. I have this same problem. I've come to just accept the hair on my lower back, and for the little hair on my face I use eyebrow shavers. Its just something that I have to do every other morning or so, and it's just become a part of my usual schedule. When I first started dating my boyfriend I was really self conscious about my hair, but he doesn't mind it. If it really bothers you, then go to your doctor and ask them about it. My doctor said that I have it because of excess testosterone, and for awhile I was actually on medication to lower my testosterone. (And it worked to make the hair not as bad) But now I'm just on regular bc and even though it doesn't work as well, it still helps some. It just depends on your body.

Take care and feel free to PM me if you'd like. =]

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Thurineth Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Laura

Re: 'extra' hair -.- - November 28th 2010, 09:54 PM

DON'T SHAVE!!! The hairs will come back thicker and be more noticable!!!!

There is a veet (or nair- can never remember) cream for facial hair. I use it for the side of my face and it removes the hair, after using it a good while then the hairs come in lighter and at a slower rate

Edit:

Its nair, there are two... I use the first link

http://www.superdrug.com/cream/nair-...66800/&bklist=

http://www.boots.com/en/Nair-Upper-lip-kit-20ml_865526/
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thurineth 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: 'extra' hair -.- - November 28th 2010, 10:22 PM

Hey there,

Sorry you're having a tough time with this, but there's always something you can do to make yourself feel better about it!

Like said above, don't shave it! It'll come back darker and thicker, and you don't want that! You might want to check up with a doctor and just see if there's a reason why you're getting more hair in these places, just so you know a reason. And then they might be able to offer you some advice.

You could use hair removal creams, and there's ones made specifically for facial hair. Try it out and see if it makes it any better. I've also heard that you could bleach it too. I don't know too much about it but a quick google search should give you the information you need.

Don't worry about it too much, just try out a few things and see if you can sort out the problem.

Hope things go well, take care!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Re: 'extra' hair -.- - November 28th 2010, 10:42 PM

There's also waxing strips and stuff. I mean, they hurt, but it'll do the job.

Also, try not to let it get to you, I mean, a lot of girls actually do have a wee bit of hair, but there's ways of getting rid of it. Just remember not to shave it, since that will just make it worse.

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Jaguar Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Stephen Davis

Re: 'extra' hair -.- - November 29th 2010, 01:37 PM

I'm a guy and of course I have facial and body hair, but I just want you to know that it's not an automatic turn off for guys. I had a gf who was very light skinned (with dark hair) and had some facial and body hair and it didn't bother me at all. After girls are human beings and human beings have hair. Like you, she had some hair at the base of her spine and I thought it was really cute.

What just happened?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
I don't bite :)
Average Joe

Name: Lucy

Re: 'extra' hair -.- - November 29th 2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I'm a guy and of course I have facial and body hair, but I just want you to know that it's not an automatic turn off for guys. I had a gf who was very light skinned (with dark hair) and had some facial and body hair and it didn't bother me at all. After girls are human beings and human beings have hair. Like you, she had some hair at the base of her spine and I thought it was really cute.
aww your such a sweetie!!

thanks everyone, i think i might just ask at the doctors if they can see me and they can maybe find a cause and solve it.

xx
  Send a message via MSN to SatelliteHeart♥  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
MermaidMassacre Offline
Finding beauty in darkness.
I've been here a while

Name: Bridget

Re: 'extra' hair -.- - November 29th 2010, 11:42 PM

I'd say waxing or plucking on the face.

Then on the back just bleaching.

I'll do whatever it takes to be the mistake you can't live without.
  Send a message via AIM to MermaidMassacre Send a message via MSN to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Yahoo to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Skype™ to MermaidMassacre 
Closed Thread