TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 14,160, Level: 17 Points: 14,160, Level: 17 Points: 14,160, Level: 17

alcohol and sex - December 7th 2010, 05:59 PM

Has anyone had a similar situation with alcohol and sex? I got my virginity taken away from me when I really didn't want to but felt pressured. There was also another incident where I was so drunk and didn't realize what I was doing and had sex. I am full of regret because I have to live the rest of my life with these memories of how I lost my virginity, when I took it very seriously and wanted to wait until I felt in my heart it was right...with someone I love.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: alcohol and sex - December 7th 2010, 06:21 PM

I haven't personally been in that situation before. But I am very sorry for you. Sometimes alcohol gets in the way of things, and you do regret your actions the morning after. I know it must be hard for you because you lost your virginity that way, but maybe you should just try to forget that and think of losing your virginiy the next time you have sex with someone sober.

I can understand your upset but there's nothing you can do to change what has already happened. Just try to forget about the past and move on.

Take care.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 14,160, Level: 17 Points: 14,160, Level: 17 Points: 14,160, Level: 17

Re: alcohol and sex - December 7th 2010, 10:10 PM

Should I blame myself? I hate this feeling of guilt that I cant get over...this happened months ago...I stay away from frat boys from now on
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: alcohol and sex - December 7th 2010, 11:05 PM

Don't blame yourself. That's the worse thing you can do. It'll make the situation seem so much worse than what it actually is, and it'll upset you more. Try not to think about it and just move on with your life. Find yourself a nice guy, and enjoy your time with him. And when you drink alcohol, try to find your limit.

Take care.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: alcohol and sex - December 8th 2010, 12:38 AM

It's definitely a less than optimal situation. However, don't blame yourself for what happened. People make mistakes when they are drunk, and mistakes regarding sex tend to be some of the most common. Instead, use it as a lesson to know your limits when it comes to drinking, and to keep yourself out of situations that could compromise what it is you really want. In addition, virginity is in the heart of the beholder. While physically you may have lost your virginity, you haven't yet shared that experience with someone you love. In that way, you are still a virgin. This doesn't have to change your belief in what you want or your self-worth.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Danielly23 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Danielle

Points: 8,881, Level: 13 Points: 8,881, Level: 13 Points: 8,881, Level: 13

Re: alcohol and sex - December 8th 2010, 11:26 PM

That is exactly what happened to me and I do think about it sometimes, but you can't take it back so just try to move forward in the best way you can. Let the next time be with someone you actually care about because then it will make you feel better. It's unfortunate that this happened to you, but I definitely know where you're coming from. Of course you will always remember it because it was in fact your first time, but eventually you learn to deal with and get over the fact that it happened in that way. Good luck
Closed Thread