TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
panda4prez Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,116, Level: 13 Points: 8,116, Level: 13 Points: 8,116, Level: 13

Question could i be pregnant? - January 16th 2011, 10:58 PM

so my boyfriend and i have had sex a couple of times but last week we had sex without a condom and i'm not on birth control. i thought it might be somewhat okay since i had just got off my period two days before and i'm pretty sure i wasn't ovulating. he didn't finish, he only went in a couple times and i made him stop because i was scared. is it still possible i could be pregnant?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Simplyme7 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 13,976, Level: 17 Points: 13,976, Level: 17 Points: 13,976, Level: 17

Re: could i be pregnant? - January 16th 2011, 11:12 PM

Anytime that you have unprotected sex, you are at risk to get pregnant.

However, it doesn't sound to me like it is that likely. That doesn't mean that you can't be pregnant.... but it just seems unlikely to me. Yes, pre-cum carries sperm in it, however it isn't very much. But then again it only takes one to create a baby.

If it is still soon enough you can take a plan B, otherwise you still have awhile until you can know for sure.

Sit back, relax, and don't have unprotected sex again.

There is no use in worrying about it, because that will only delay your period. If you end up being late, then take a pregnancy test.

But don't stress out. Most likely, you aren't pregnant. Just learn from this, and always use protection. Birth Control would probably be a smart choice.

Take care dear, and feel free to PM me anytime.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21

Re: could i be pregnant? - January 16th 2011, 11:13 PM

It's always possible, but it's not probable. Just wait a couple of weeks and take a test, but you're most likely fine.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: could i be pregnant? - January 17th 2011, 03:08 AM

When you do have sex, keep in mind that you do not have to be ovulating to get pregnant. You should always be using at least a condom when you have intercourse; the "withdrawal method" (having the guy pull his penis out before he comes) is only 3% effective in preventing pregnancy, making it the least protective method.

If you have completely unprotected sex again look into taking Plan B as soon as possible afterward. You can get it over the counter since you are 18. It's expensive (about $50 out of pocket), but less expensive than a baby or an abortion.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Pronouns: They / them

Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37

Re: could i be pregnant? - January 17th 2011, 11:56 AM

there is the morning after pill which u can take within 3 days of having unprotected sex, but after 3 days it is only about 55% effective at preventing pregnancy after two days its 75% effective and after 1 days its 99% effective. but even if u take it 3 days after its better than nothing, but it does mess with your periods abit!!! i found that one out myself!!!

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.
Closed Thread