TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BeautyKills :O Offline
Bookworm 8-|
Average Joe

Unhappy Awkward... - January 31st 2011, 12:21 PM

This is gonna be so awkward... I'm guessing no one asked this before on TH. Everyone seems to be having problems with sex and how to masturbate but me? I'm freaking out if my hymen is broken... No, I haven't had sex in my whole 17 years of existence. But I do masturbate from time to time. It's just that, I use the shower water or something. Hey! No judging! Everyone has different types for pleasure. I just can't stand the fingering. I find it disgusting; or maybe it's just 'cause I never had sex before? I don't know. Regardless, when I was a kid, I don't remember at what age I was precisely but I remember I was already masturbating at that time. So I was using the shower water... And when things were done, I had my underwear and everything back on. Later during that day, I saw a drop of blood on my underwear. It was a tinyy drop of blood. I freaked out so I told my mom about it and we went to see the gynecologist. I dunno what the doctor told my mom but when I asked her, she said I just had an infection and that's what caused my vagina to bleed. It's been years since. I don't know... Our biology lesson is about this so it just got me thinking... How do you know if your still a virgin or if your hymen is still intact??

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Maya Angelou
  Send a message via MSN to BeautyKills :O  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Gaia Offline
same same, but different.
Outside, huh?

Name: Lou

Re: Awkward... - January 31st 2011, 01:18 PM

Lots of people have different views on when you lose your virginity. Some will say when your hymen breaks, but others will say when you actually have penetrative sex, and these do not always occur at the same time. I know my hymen broke before I lost my virginity, and that was due to how much horse riding I did, though this is not to say that every girl who goes horse riding will break theirs.
You should be able to tell if your hymen is intact by grabbing a hand held mirror and having a look.

"Life is pain, anybody that says different is selling something" ~ Fezzik's Mother, The Princess Bride. ♥

"To die, would be an awfully big adventure."~ Peter Pan

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

~ The Buddha

14-04-2010. R.R <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nekokira52 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Grace

Re: Awkward... - January 31st 2011, 02:05 PM

I know personally I broke mine by putting a tampon in... Yet I have never had sex, so I amstill a virgin.

If this helps at all? Lol there's nots of ways to break it, usually by accident, and it depends on what your views of "being a virgin" are.

Lets eat grandpa!
Lets eat, grandpa!

Commas save lives!

25.01.10 <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Garyl Offline
What's next, little man?

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Eli

Re: Awkward... - January 31st 2011, 02:17 PM

Using shower water is actually a very common way of masturbating, so don't worry about it. You can tell if your hymen is intact by using a mirror to look at your vagina. If there is a flap of skin still covering the opening to your vagina, it's still there. However, even if it's not, it doesn't necessarily mean you aren't a virgin. Everyone has a very different view of what virginity is, so that is something that is personal to you.

Let's eat some spectral oats!
  Send a message via Yahoo to Garyl  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Awkward... - January 31st 2011, 08:54 PM

In my opinion, whether or not your hymen is intact, has nothing to do with whether or not you are a virgin. My hymen broke a long time ago and I haven't ever had penetrative sex. You can check and see if you have a hymen by grabbing a hand mirror and taking a look down there.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Re: Awkward... - January 31st 2011, 09:02 PM

I'm pretty sure that the hymen thing doesn't even really matter when it comes to talking about virginity. Basically, unless you've had sex, you're a virgin. Basically, the hymen doesn't determine virginity.

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Bookworm 8-|
Average Joe

Re: Awkward... - February 1st 2011, 02:59 PM

Yeah... I understand all the answers, but how could you possibly explain it to your partner? He knows I'm a virgin and if we get down to having sex and I don't bleed, how could I explain to him that my hymen broke ACCIDENTALLY or something...?

I know 40% of the women population don't bleed for the first time when having sex but they still do, in the end, after a couple of tries. Right?

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Maya Angelou
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: Awkward... - February 1st 2011, 03:53 PM

I can't remember the exact statistic, but something like 75 or 85% of women masturbate in the shower

But, your hymen doesn't need to be intact to be a virgin. And, whenever you choose to have sex, the guy should at least be understanding enough to not freak out if you don't bleed your first time. Some girls do bleed, some girls never do. (I was one of those girls that never bled, and was quite freaked out by it.) Personally, I wouldn't even bother bringing it up with this future guy, because it doesn't matter You're still a virgin, don't worry at all. Besides, you probably didn't break your hymen anyway If he's curious as to why you didn't bleed, just tell him some girls don't. He should understand.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Tess* Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Tess

Re: Awkward... - February 1st 2011, 07:42 PM

Hymens have nothing to do with virginity.
You lose your virginity if you have sex.
It really doesn't matter if your hymen is still intact or not.
Some women bleed, some don't. Hymen or not.
You don't "accidentally" break your hymen. It can happen bike riding, masturbating, gymnastics, horse back riding, etc.

How's your life? It's been a while
God, it's good to see you smile
<3

(#10 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Awkward... - February 1st 2011, 10:38 PM

I strongly recommend you read this: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/bo...at_surround_it

The idea that there is a membrane (a "hymen") blocking the vagina that breaks when you first have intercourse is an absolute myth. I mean, if there really was something blocking the vagina, how would any of us have periods? And the fact that very few women actually bleed when they first have intercourse makes it even more unlikely. A lot of women pass that off as having broken their hymen earlier in life, but the truth is that there isn't a hymen to actually break.

Quote:
I know 40% of the women population don't bleed for the first time when having sex but they still do, in the end, after a couple of tries. Right?
No. I have never bled while having sex. In fact, bleeding is more often than not a sign that there is something wrong rather than something right.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: Awkward... - February 1st 2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyKills :O View Post
Yeah... I understand all the answers, but how could you possibly explain it to your partner? He knows I'm a virgin and if we get down to having sex and I don't bleed, how could I explain to him that my hymen broke ACCIDENTALLY or something...?

You definitely shouldn't be bleeding from sex after the first time. That probably means that something's wrong.

And why would you have to explain to your partner that your hymen is broken?

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: Awkward... - February 2nd 2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyKills :O View Post

I'll just say this, from a guy's point of view. If I was in love enough with a girl to have sex with her, I would number one, be too busy having sex to think about the lack of blood, and number two, I would believe her if she told me it broke while she was "messing around", if I was that far with a girl, I wouldn't doubt her!

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Bookworm 8-|
Average Joe

Re: Awkward... - February 3rd 2011, 09:25 AM

Thanks guys! All your answers really helped.

ShimmeringFaerie, thanks for the link, I'll check it out
& Guile, thanks for speaking up, it made me feel a little bit better to know how this all looks like from a guy's point of view.

Maya Angelou
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Awkward... - February 5th 2011, 09:48 PM

Your hymen says nothing. It can break from sex or from using a tampon. (That's how mine broke).
People either or are aren't virgins, though I have met a couple people who lie about it. I have no idea why. Just tell the truth.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
The_Princess Offline
Average Joe

Name: Tristyn

Re: Awkward... - February 7th 2011, 01:33 AM

You are still a virgin if you have never had sex. Your hymen is not always necessarily broken when you lose you're virginity. Everyone's is very different. Some can be broken or damaged with no sex or fingering at all. You could go to the Gyno to find out if your hymen is still intact.

Closed Thread