TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jayme

Points: 12,152, Level: 16 Points: 12,152, Level: 16 Points: 12,152, Level: 16

Question how do i get to a doctor?? - February 27th 2011, 08:45 PM

ok so from my last post ive deduced that i need to see a doctor about not having periods anymore.. now i have a problem here. I dont want to tell my parents about this problem, so if i go to my normal dr. will they keep it between us? or do they have to inform my parents because im a minor? is there a free clinic i can go to? money is an issue..my parents usually pay for medical issues. I have a terrible feeling that i may have an sti, and my parents will exile me if they find this out. dose anyone have any ideas/advice? cuz if im not guarenteed my parents wont find out, im willing to wait till im 18. Tho that may be dangerous...i dont care. i dont want to have kids anyway so infirtility is just a bonus in my book. Please help

"One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering." -Ida Scott Taylor
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
metalheadjessus Offline
Average Joe

Points: 10,341, Level: 14 Points: 10,341, Level: 14 Points: 10,341, Level: 14

Re: how do i get to a doctor?? - February 27th 2011, 08:56 PM

I know that this isn't what you want to hear, but telling your parents might be the only option when it comes to getting help for this, because as you've already said, they would have to deal with the medical costs. However, are there sexual health clinics that you can go to for free for advice and such? I live in the UK, so it might be a bit different, but over here, we have free sexual health clinics aimed at teens where we can go to get tested for STI's and ask questions, as well as have access contraception and things like that. But if there are no such things where you are, then you could tell your parents that you aren't having periods; they don't have to know why, and go to the doctor because of that. The doctor is not legally allowed to say anything to your parents unless you want them to, I think, because they have to practice patient-doctor confidentiality, meaning that your parents won't have to know the cause of your problem; you could make something up about a hormone imbalance or similar cause. I hope I helped
Closed Thread