TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Am I the only person who feels this way..? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t95508-am-i-only-person-who-feels-way/)

LostAngels February 21st 2012 02:17 AM

Am I the only person who feels this way..?

This is my take on the concept of promiscuity, and the title of being a 'slut'.

I personally couldn't possibly care any less about the amount of people a person has slept with, whether they're a girl or a guy.
I haven't had many sexual partners at all, but I don't regret either of them because even though I'm young- I know that I felt very strongly and comfortably about them.
I am so sick of my friends making judgements about others who have admitted to sleeping to quite a few people, whom they were in lengthy, committed relationships with.

Like, I just don't get why it's absolutely anybody's business how many partners someone has had, because the way I think is, everybody has reasons for everything they've done.
If a 25 year old girl has had 7 boyfriends, all of whom she was crazy about, and slept with them all, how could that possibly mean she's sleazy?

I just don't get it.

anony mouse. February 21st 2012 02:25 AM

Re: Am I the only person who feels this way..?

Nah, I think the same way you do. We've been conditioned to believe that if a girl has numerous sexual partners, that is a viable reflection of her morals and character when in fact the two things (in my opinion, anyways) are completely separate. Some of the best people I've met in my life could be considered 'sluts'. If I don't like someone, you can bet it's not going to be because they slept with a few too many people.

Need_Help..Please.... February 21st 2012 02:28 AM

That is so true. I believe that as long as you don't regret it then it shouldn't matter. plus it shouldn't matter to anyone else anyways.

Harmony♥ February 21st 2012 02:31 AM

I feel this way. ONLY in this situation though. It's different when people have slept with several people who they WEREN'T in committed relationships with. That's when I feel differently about it.

ForgetMeNot9 February 21st 2012 02:34 AM

I completely agree with both of you. I don't see why it matters how many men or women someone has slept with. That doesn't define who they are nor does it give anybody the right to judge them. Just because someone has slept with 2, 10, or 50 people doesn't make them any less of a good person...So why treat them as such? Oh society.

lauri February 21st 2012 02:45 AM

I just would wait til I was married to have sex

Acheron February 21st 2012 03:02 AM

There was a time when I cared. Then I realised that it was a stupid preference to have, given the kind of girl I like. I like kinky, sexually open girls who see sexuality as something pleasurable in its own right instead of a bargaining chip. And it's just a given that a girl like that will have had previous partners, and some of those partners will almost certainly have been casual ones. So nowadays, I worry about more important things.

Ignite February 21st 2012 07:58 AM

As long as you're not messing around with people's committed relationships...who cares? If I weren't in a very committed relationship with my love, I would consider having more "casual" sex, so long that he/she used protection. Who cares? Why does it matter? If I'm not messing with your partner, why is it any of your business who I have sex with? It's not. People need to be less judgmental. This is the 21st century. Don't like casual sex? Don't have it. Want to wait until marriage? Do so. But don't tell me what I can or cannot do.

Null February 21st 2012 10:24 AM

I don't like how society twists the image of multiple partners for different sexes. The more women you sleep with as a guy, the better off you are in the eyes of the predominantly retarded male species. However women aren't treated the same. I go by simple rules. If you are in a relationship, you should only have sexual relations with that partner. If you are single, you should only have sexual relations with someone else who is single. Also same goes for marriage. Sluts are the ones who break homes, and relationships. Express your body and love the way you want to

trancy211 February 22nd 2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelophobia (Post 819293)
I feel this way. ONLY in this situation though. It's different when people have slept with several people who they WEREN'T in committed relationships with. That's when I feel differently about it.

that's normal feeling.