TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Zentman J Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Julian

I want my fetish GONE, but is that even possible? - March 1st 2012, 03:00 AM

This thread has been labeled as non-PG13 by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for younger users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Since around 8th grade I've had a foot fetish. It's gotten progressively stronger as the years went by (I'm now a Sophomore) and it's horrible at this point. I don't LIKE having this fetish. I mean, I do, but I don't. It's confusing. Being the single 16 year old man that I am, I don't get much "use" out of this fetish. It mostly just gets in the way of enjoying everyday life. It's annoying, and since I don't get use out of it, I don't want it anymore. I'm sick of it. I hate myself for having this as well too. I feel like a pervert because it's so active. I mean seriously, what's the difference between me checking out a pair of feet and me checking out a nice pair of tits? There really isn't a difference. They both would turn me on in relatively the same way and I find pleasure from both. I feel like a horrible person for being like this. This literally gets in the way EVERY DAY. I don't want it! Yeah, people know about my fetish too (which was a TERRIBLE move on my part for telling. I REALLY should have kept that more of a secret....) and they say I'm not the only one. No, I'm not the only one, I know. I just don't KNOW anyone who has this and has been through my dilemma and would give me advice on how to solve it.
I can't go on much longer like this. Anyone have any advice?

Let nothing pass, for every hand
Must find some work to do,
Lose not a chance to waken love—
Be firm and just and true.
So shall a light that cannot fade
Beam on thee from on high,
And angel voices say to thee—
"These things shall never die."

~ Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: I want my fetish GONE, but is that even possible? - March 1st 2012, 03:19 AM

I'm not entirely sure how you can go about removing this fetish from your life, however, I can ASSURE you that you're not alone. SEVERAL MEN AND WOMAN have foot fetishes, and it's something they need to learn to live and cope with. It's not an uncommon fetish, and truthfully, it might just be the most common foot fetish out there in terms of "fetishes". If it's something that is getting in the way of your every day life, maybe speaking to someone about it, of a professional nature, might be more help to you?

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: I want my fetish GONE, but is that even possible? - March 1st 2012, 03:20 AM

A foot fetish isn't something that you can just rid yourself of. Chances are, you'll always be attracted to feet. But this doesn't in any way make you a bad person. People have all sorts of fetishes, and chances are good that almost everyone has something a bit out of the ordinary that turns them on. Your friends are right that foot fetishes are really common, perhaps even the most common fetish, and while you don't think you know anyone else that shares your fetish, chances are that you do. Your best course of action here isn't to try and "cure" your fetish, it's to accept yourself as you are, kinks and all.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I want my fetish GONE, but is that even possible? - March 1st 2012, 03:28 AM

Julian, as an FYI, we typically define a 'Fetish' as something non sexual that is REQUIRED for sexual arousal AND performance. Being attracted to feet (or any other non sexual body part, ftm) doesn't make it a 'Fetish' in the strictest clinical terms. Rather, you just like feet.

You'd need to let me know exactly how this appreciation adversely affects your sexual performance before i could tell you how to rid yourself of it. But since you're obviously finding it disturbing, the first step would be to NOT look at the feet of others.

People at 16 find many things arousing or intriguing, it's puberty. With time, you get used to all that testosterone and things settle down and make sense. until then, try not to be too hard on yourself.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Zentman J Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I want my fetish GONE, but is that even possible? - March 1st 2012, 03:32 AM

I'd be happy to speak to a professional about this issue, but it's the getting there that's another problem. If I told my parents that I would like to see a professional about some issues I'm having, they'd most likely want to know what.
I'd rather my parents didn't know that I had this going on in my life right now. That's just awkward for me. I love my parents, but that's not comfortable for me to say that to family.

EDIT: I can get turned on without feet, they just make it a heck of a lot easier though.

Last edited by Zentman J; March 1st 2012 at 03:38 AM. Reason: I didn't want to double post but I still wanted to answer a question mentioned.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I want my fetish GONE, but is that even possible? - March 1st 2012, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zentman J View Post
I'd be happy to speak to a professional about this issue, but it's the getting there that's another problem.
*listens intently*

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Shawn K. Offline
SoCali Baller
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shawn

Re: I want my fetish GONE, but is that even possible? - March 1st 2012, 03:44 AM

Dude, sometimes we don't have any choice but to turn to our parents for help or understanding. If you love them, then they probably love you just as much. What about just your Dad, man to man? Sounds like this is bugging you. Don't know if a counselor is the answer, but anything that bothers you this much should be addressed somehow, and loved ones may be the best first step.

All the best, and hang in there... it's not like you're attracted to little kids, or feces or something.

EDIT: ^^LOOK UP^^ The doctor is IN.

15 Straight - Loving Life - Love meeting new peeps - Want to help if I can

Girl: "My doctor says I can't have sex for a while."
Boy: "What does your dentist say?"

Last edited by Shawn K.; March 1st 2012 at 03:45 AM. Reason: add
  Send a message via Yahoo to Shawn K.  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Zentman J Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I want my fetish GONE, but is that even possible? - March 1st 2012, 04:00 AM

So I should for the moment try and not to tempt myself to look at feet and see how it goes from there? Maybe tell my parents and see what comes from that? Is there anything else I should know/say?

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I want my fetish GONE, but is that even possible? - March 1st 2012, 04:24 AM

Julian, the thing is, not to feel so bad about what you're doing. Try to give yourself a break here. It's not like you're hurting someone. And, it's really unclear if this is a serious issue which will affect your ability to respond in the future, when it counts..or just puberty. Unless you cannot get an erection AND have an orgasm without the presence of feet imagery, what you're experiencing is just arousal at a body part. As you've noticed, some guys like different body parts, yours is just feet.

If you're really tormented by all this, then as Shawn says, you might tell your folks just enough to alert them to your need, so they can follow thru with a call to a doc. Sometimes, it feels Ok to tell parents everything, sometimes it's not..and that's Ok..you know them, and you know what will work to get what you need.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: I want my fetish GONE, but is that even possible? - March 1st 2012, 04:28 AM

I want to remind you that some girls have foot fetishes as well, I don't think it'd be too hard to find a girl with a fellow interest in feet or who would enjoy getting her feet pampered for sexual pleasure. There is nothing wrong with having a foot fetish! If your foot fetish meant unconsentually touching girls' feet or cutting off feet or something awful, then we'd have a problem, but it's not. You just like feet! What's wrong with that?

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
SM13 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I want my fetish GONE, but is that even possible? - March 2nd 2012, 05:55 PM

Im sorry that you are having such a hard time with this. To me a foot fetish doesn't seem weird or a turn off or anything bad. What's wrong with liking feet? Some guys like legs some like butts some like boobs some like feet. It might help if you tried to calm yourself down and have a good think about why it is distressing you. I know that when I get upset about something I tend to get too emotional and it makes it seem a lot worse that it actually is. When I need to think I listen to relaxing meditation music. It helps to clear the mind and think. Also to me is seems kinda cool. I mean what girl wouldn't want to have her feet rubbed? I hope this helped. If you ever need anything feel free to PM me.
~SM~

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Celtics12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Richard

Re: I want my fetish GONE, but is that even possible? - March 5th 2012, 08:07 AM

Don't feel bad bud. I also have a foot fetish, and I would like not to. See whats helping me is my girlfriend don't like her feet touch much, even though i have ways around that but thta not the point. everyone will have a fetish and most of us ends up being feet. it's nothing bad, it's just what your interested in so no worries. if there anything else that turns you on besides feet try thinking of that instead of her feet.

MCSAR

(#13 (permalink)) Old
livinghippo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: James

Re: I want my fetish GONE, but is that even possible? - March 5th 2012, 10:03 PM

taken from wiki:
It was concluded that the most common fetishes were for body parts or for objects usually associated with body parts (33% and 30% respectively). Among those people preferring body parts, feet and toes were preferred by the greatest number, with 47% of those sampled preferring them. Among those people preferring objects related to body parts, footwear (shoes, boots, etc.) was most preferred (64%)
basically a foot fetish is the most common fetish of them all. I think from what i remember, researchers found that in 1000 men about 40-45% have a foot fetish (varying to cultures). ofc i cant remember that last bit (first bit is from wiki). i have a foot fetish too, i dont need to tell anyone i have it, if anything it's good because i have yet another body part to enjoy on a woman. Noone even needs to know..
oh and sorry about bad grammer. i come on the internet to punctuate improperly :3

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Closed Thread