TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lk9 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Cheating Sex dream? - March 7th 2012, 08:06 PM

A little bit about myself:
Im in a very happy relationship with my bestfriend. We are a strong Christian couple but at the moment are kind of struggling with temptation of sex before marriage. We both want to wait so it's even more special when the time comes.
Anyway,
So a few days ago I had some sort of sex dream about a friend of mine. She is just a friend and always has been, but before dating my girlfriend I might of had a crush on her (little crush). Basically, in the dream she was wearing sexy clothes and being seductive and it's a bit blurry but we may of engaged in intercourse. However even this being a dream I immediately felt terrible for doing what I just did. And that's the last thing I can remember.

But since I've been awake, I've just felt guilty and every time I saw a blonde girl that reminded me of her. I would feel bad and guilty. This can't be lust for her can it? I mean, I hardly ever talk to her.

I'm just worried I guess. I love my girlfriend and she loves me, we're very happy and we plan to get married somewhere in the future. She is my one and only.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this? Does this mean something? Or am I just over-reacting and freaking out unnecessarly?
Sorry if any of this was unclear.

Thank you's in advance

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: Cheating Sex dream? - March 7th 2012, 08:17 PM

You can't control your dreams, and it's perfectly normal to have sex dreams about people other than your partner, particularly when a relationship has gone on for a while. It doesn't mean that you're going to cheat on your girlfriend, or that you love her any less. It's just a reflection of the natural desire for variety, and that's something you can suppress in a relationship.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
FuturesEnd45 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Cheating Sex dream? - March 7th 2012, 08:30 PM

Its tottally normal. I had a dream i had sex with a tv character ! Dreams mean nothing whether its with a friend or a stranger dont worry about it.
  Send a message via AIM to FuturesEnd45  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Re: Cheating Sex dream? - March 7th 2012, 09:02 PM

Hey, like the others said, it's just dreams! Honestly, they mean nothing at all.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Cheating Sex dream? - March 7th 2012, 09:29 PM

I think pretty much everyone in a relationship still has sexual dreams. There is a huge difference between dreaming about having sex with someone else and actually doing it. You haven't done anything wrong. Obviously we can't control ourselves when we are dreaming, or the dreams that we have. While it may be that your dreams are expressing some kind of desire that you haven't yet come to terms with, chances are it's simply because you are only human. Humans are sexual beings, and there's no way to simply shut that off just because you're in a relationship. So, long story short: It's totally normal. xD

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Bonjour Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Devon Nicole

Re: Cheating Sex dream? - March 7th 2012, 09:34 PM

Having sexual dreams about someone other than your S.O. is completely normal. Sex dreams are your body's way of releasing sexual tension and can have nothing to do with the other person involved. No worries c:

(#7 (permalink)) Old
lillyfreak1234 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lilly Dann

Re: Cheating Sex dream? - March 7th 2012, 09:42 PM

I wouldn't say it's cheating. You can't control your dreams. Maybe it's just a one time thing. I've had a dream like that when I was dating my ex. But I have never had sex before so I was kind of confused and felt bad too. But I talked to my friend and she said that it's normal and a one time thing.
  Send a message via Skype™ to lillyfreak1234 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
SM13 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Cheating Sex dream? - March 7th 2012, 11:18 PM

This is normal and isn't cheating or anything that you should feel bad about but I would reccomend not bringing it up to your gf. I mean if she asks don't lie about it (that causes problems) but I wouldn't start the topic. Girls can get very upset about that kind of stuff even tho you can't control your dreams. If you ever need anything feel free to PM me.
~SM~

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Cheating Sex dream? - March 7th 2012, 11:30 PM

Happens to me all the time, it's nothing to be ashamed of. As long as you don't actually engage in intercourse with others, I don't see the wrong in having a dream.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Cheating Sex dream? - March 8th 2012, 01:30 AM

It happens. It's nothing to worry about. You're not cheating on your girlfriend because you had a dream about someone else. We can't help our dreams, no matter how hard we try. You will feel guilty, but there is no reason to because dreams never really amount to anything in reality.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Cheating Sex dream? - March 8th 2012, 03:31 AM

I don't consider it cheating, it was just a dream. It didn't actually happen

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Cheating Sex dream? - March 8th 2012, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody View Post
I don't consider it cheating, it was just a dream. It didn't actually happen
This^.

It doesn't sound like you had a whole lot of advance preparation about these things, that it's normal. Unfortunately, in order to be able to accept...to even know..if these things are Ok, someone has to tell you factually and without bias what's biologically normal. Doesn't sound like that happened.

The sex drive, which is what fueled the dream, is not only entirely normal and biological, but also completely beyond conscious control. That might be different than what you heard, but it's true: For the past few Millennia, people have struggled to get others to control the sex drive, with varying amounts of success (or heart ache), largely owing to the biology of it.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Garyl Offline
What's next, little man?

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Eli

Re: Cheating Sex dream? - March 8th 2012, 05:11 AM

Many people have dreams in which they engage in sexual intercourse with someone(s) other than their partner, whether or not they and their partner actually have a sexual relationship. It's completely natural, and it doesn't mean you secretly have a desire to cheat on your girlfriend. Even if you have decided to wait, sexuality is still a normal part of the human experience, and it can be expressed in dreams. The fact that it's with someone other than your partner in the dream does not mean that you want to be with someone else.

Don't let your dream induce feelings of guilt. It was a dream, and you did nothing wrong by dreaming. If these dreams really do bother you speak to someone about them. But no matter what they say, you have nothing to be guilty for or ashamed about.

Let's eat some spectral oats!
  Send a message via Yahoo to Garyl  
Closed Thread