TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
girlfromsocal Offline
inandoutofhere
Junior TeenHelper

Gender: without getting pg I was born both but am allfemale now

I feel bad about my sexual history it depresses me help? - March 22nd 2012, 03:11 AM

I'm 18 and I don't like it but more so feel I've waited too long. I've never dated come into any contact with anyone. Feel like I feel proud I waited without ease throughout high school I want to focus on my singing career rather than anyone else. It's actually what has kept me alive. But I have conflicting feelings like I like the innocence I still feel I have pretty much to everything like that. But I thought it was against my nature. I tend to try to pretend that I've been with so many as in dating. Also at one time I thought I'd be more promiscuous. At one point I felt like I wanted so badly to lose my virginity I'd have sex with anyone as soon as I could no one took advantage of my desperation. But I was isolated I didn't get off the couch all my senior year home-schooled well taught by an online school since 15. Before that I was 18. But truth is it'll never happen probably dating that is. I am religious but it's not apart of it... It's like I turned 18 and I realized all of a sudden how behind I am from everyone. I don't know I have my standards now but it can also be apart of my anger towards my mother and the whole situation. I guess it's good I never have to deal with teen pregnancy. But everyone always expects that you've dated by 18. I've never really talked to anyone let alone kissed or held hands. Don't plan to be open to doing so til 19. To me I have more things to concern myself with. Still feels lame but at this point I am already in it it seems. Plus social interaction friends getting a boss are more important imo... What does one do when they've gone down this road? I mean is there a way to be 100% happy with it?

Last edited by girlfromsocal; March 22nd 2012 at 03:48 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ignite Offline
Skittles Minion

Jeez, get a life!

Re: I feel bad about my sexual history it depresses me help? - March 22nd 2012, 03:30 AM

Well, I'm just going to let you know there are a lot of women out there feeling bad because they dated, had broken hearts, and lost their virginities before they were ready. I don't think anybody should feel bad about their sexual history, no matter what side of the street you fall on. Think about it this way; you've never had the horrible feeling of having your heart broken. That is something to celebrate. Don't start dating because you feel people will judge you poorly because you haven't; date when you find somebody you like, and somebody you want to be with. Date on your own terms.

Stand before the people you fear and speak your mind
- even if your voice s h a k e s. -Maggie Kuhn

Rest in Peace Peter.
Skittlify
  Send a message via MSN to Ignite  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
girlfromsocal Offline
inandoutofhere
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I feel bad about my sexual history it depresses me help? - March 22nd 2012, 11:38 PM

but it seems it'll never happen if I don't force myself.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Harlequin. Offline
Stand and Fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Laura

Re: I feel bad about my sexual history it depresses me help? - March 23rd 2012, 02:35 PM

Ever heard the saying "Don't go looking for love, let love find you?" Sometimes, it can seem like you're NEVER going to find someone, and often love happens when you least expect it

Couples get together at all ages. I wouldn't worry about it- make the most of being single, and living just for you! Have some fun. It'll happen eventually, and when it does, it'll be even more special because you've waited for it

Chin up kid, they'd kill to see you fall.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I feel bad about my sexual history it depresses me help? - March 23rd 2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftherainbow View Post
Ever heard the saying "Don't go looking for love, let love find you?"
I disagree with that. Just sitting there expecting things to happen is too idealistic lol

I think you should be more social if it depresses you and maybe then you'll have more of a chance to find someone you like.

Yet, I wouldn't let it depress you though, things happen at different speeds for different people, there's no point rushing into something just for the sake of it.

Hey, guess why i smile a lot... because it's worth it

People who don't want you to think are never your friends.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
girlfromsocal Offline
inandoutofhere
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I feel bad about my sexual history it depresses me help? - March 23rd 2012, 06:51 PM

I've been more social I'm taking small steps but I have been more social. It just hurts everyone else finds someone it seems just not me. Feel like I'm out luck... Maybe it's just not time...

Closed Thread