TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shattered Offline
Whale lover <33
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley

Points: 7,237, Level: 12 Points: 7,237, Level: 12 Points: 7,237, Level: 12

Late period, help? - August 2nd 2012, 10:20 PM

Okay so My boyfriend I always use protection during sex but right before sex we lay naked together well making out and we think he might have gotten pre-cum near my pelvis area. Whats the chances of that leading to pregnancy?

Im having all the nice symptoms before a period (sore breasts, slight cramps, discharge, and major bloating) but my period is about 5 days late. Also Iv been constantly hungry like every other hour, don't know if that's just because im a teen or what xD
I have been under some stress lately, Fighting with the boyfriend alot lately and some family drama. I know stress can be a major factor in a late period and im starting to believe it is my stress but i wanna know other peoples opinions.

and can Someone list ways to calm stress down? im not the best at getting my mind off of things.

Im sorry there is so much written. Just very curious.
Please help (: -thank you.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Late period, help? - August 2nd 2012, 11:14 PM

The chances of you being pregnant are non existent. Your period being 5 days late isn't a big deal. I think that's sort of the problem with people tracking when their last period was, I think it makes us girls FAR to paranoid when our period doesn't come EXACTLY 28 days later. Your "symptoms" are normal for PMSing and other hormone changes, stress can cause you to be a bit late too. Personally, I like reading a good book or going to a bike ride or something to relax (keep in mind I also bike to race competitively so that makes a difference). That always helps me.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Little Lion Man
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Points: 11,382, Level: 15 Points: 11,382, Level: 15 Points: 11,382, Level: 15

Re: Late period, help? - August 2nd 2012, 11:31 PM

You mentioned being stressed already about stuff, which could make you late, and now you're stressing about your period being late, which is just going to make it more late. Five days really isn't that bad, and there is a very, very small chance of you getting pregnant from that. Like, you probably have a better chance of winning the lottery or something.
As for keeping your mind off it, read a book, listen to music, chat with a friend, draw a picture, watch a movie, or work out.

Sorry I couldn't be there, I was tied to a rocking chair.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Shattered Offline
Whale lover <33
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley

Points: 7,237, Level: 12 Points: 7,237, Level: 12 Points: 7,237, Level: 12

Re: Late period, help? - August 2nd 2012, 11:57 PM

Yeah I figured I wouldn't be pregnant I was just really curious if it could be a possibility, but thank you guys
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Late period, help? - August 3rd 2012, 02:53 AM

As already mentioned, the chances of you being pregnant are basically non-existent. You mentioned being stressed out over your boyfriend and other issues, which could be a huge reason as to why your period is late this morning. I would stop stressing, and just take things day by day and see if your period comes. If not, then I would visit your doctor since it could be some under lying issue.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
Closed Thread