TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
agirltoremember Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kay

Points: 7,175, Level: 12 Points: 7,175, Level: 12 Points: 7,175, Level: 12

Exclamation Missed period, NO symptoms. Could i be pregnant?? - September 14th 2012, 05:58 AM

So my period is late by about a week. I've never had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. We always use condoms. I don't have any symptoms of pregnancy except the late period. Is it possible i could be pregnant?? I feel like it could be from stress but, you never know condoms can break. I just don't know what to do. I told my boyfriend tonight that i could be and he didn't take it well.. He went off about how it's going to fuck up HIS life. What about me? He didn't even ask me how i was feeling about all this. I told him so i could have someone there for me.

I'm going to try to take a home pregnancy test tomorrow. I have to go to the store and take it there so my parents won't know. I can't be pregnant.

How likely is it that i am?

"Put a gun to my head and paint the walls with my brains."
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Points: 22,944, Level: 21 Points: 22,944, Level: 21 Points: 22,944, Level: 21

Re: Missed period, NO symptoms. Could i be pregnant?? - September 14th 2012, 06:05 AM

Okay, I regularly miss periods but sometimes a period can get irregular but it can also straighten out. I wouldn't stress to much, if you haven't had any other symptoms it's unlikely you are pregnant but the test would be good to do!

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
00escada00 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sarah

Points: 8,783, Level: 13 Points: 8,783, Level: 13 Points: 8,783, Level: 13

Re: Missed period, NO symptoms. Could i be pregnant?? - September 14th 2012, 08:31 AM

If you always use protection when you sleep with your boyfriend then it is unlikely that you are pregnant, and as the post above says, periods can sometimes be irregular. However, there is always the slight chance that you could be pregnant as contraceptive is only 99% effective. To be on the safe side, it may be better to take a pregnancy test. It's a shame that your boyfriend acted the way he did, but remember that you've had slightly longer to get your head around the possibility, hopefully he will soon realise how he has acted and will support you.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
L'Aviatrice Offline
Ex astris, scientia
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kelly

Points: 7,405, Level: 12 Points: 7,405, Level: 12 Points: 7,405, Level: 12

Re: Missed period, NO symptoms. Could i be pregnant?? - September 14th 2012, 03:09 PM

Theoretically, condoms are 98% effective with perfect use. But, we're not all perfect, so the actual observed rate of effectiveness of condoms is, in reality, 85%. There's always the chance of it breaking or being used incorrectly, so I'd say it's a good idea to take the pregnancy test, plus you are at the right time in your cycle for the results to be accurate. Just know that you'll be OK either way. If you do happen to be pregnant, there are people in your life who deeply care about you and will support you through this.

L'Aviatrice
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
agirltoremember Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Missed period, NO symptoms. Could i be pregnant?? - September 14th 2012, 04:33 PM

Thank you so much everyone for your help! I'm really anxious to just get this over with and see if i am pregnant or not. I have to wait until my boyfriend gets out of school though. ugh. I'm trying not to stress and have a panic attack. I'll just have to get through this. I'll post an update later.

Thanks again everyone!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
agirltoremember Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Missed period, NO symptoms. Could i be pregnant?? - September 15th 2012, 05:04 PM

Okay, good news everyone! I'm NOT pregnant! Thank goodness.

Thanks again to everyone that helped!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
00escada00 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sarah

Points: 8,783, Level: 13 Points: 8,783, Level: 13 Points: 8,783, Level: 13

Re: Missed period, NO symptoms. Could i be pregnant?? - September 15th 2012, 07:15 PM

Happy for you
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I've been here a while

Name: Cheye

Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24

Re: Missed period, NO symptoms. Could i be pregnant?? - September 15th 2012, 10:55 PM

I just have to ask because I didn't see it really addressed, how long ago did you last have sex when the condom might have broken? I only ask because at home tests are only reliably effective after 2 weeks since the sex, where you are on your cycle is not really a way to go by, especially if it hasn't been 14 days or more since the sex.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
L'Aviatrice Offline
Ex astris, scientia
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kelly

Points: 7,405, Level: 12 Points: 7,405, Level: 12 Points: 7,405, Level: 12

Re: Missed period, NO symptoms. Could i be pregnant?? - September 16th 2012, 06:04 AM

Wonderful news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily. View Post
I just have to ask because I didn't see it really addressed, how long ago did you last have sex when the condom might have broken? I only ask because at home tests are only reliably effective after 2 weeks since the sex, where you are on your cycle is not really a way to go by, especially if it hasn't been 14 days or more since the sex.
^ To clear things up for any future readers who may have questions about at-home pregnancy tests, the accuracy of the test is not dependent or in any way related to how long it has been since sexual intercourse, but rather based off of time since ovulation. The test detects the pregnancy hormone HCG which, if implantation of the eggs has occurred (thus resulting in pregnancy), will show up on the test 6-12 days after ovulation which falls at/around the time of the missed period. That is why pregnancy test instructions say to wait to take the test until the period has been missed. The timing of the sexual intercourse has no effect on when the test should be taken or its accuracy.
Further information can be found here. http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/wh...nancytest.html

L'Aviatrice
Closed Thread